Two tv programs to watch tonight?

S

Steve

A couple of things on tv tonight that may interest some of you.

The first one may just inspire some of us to go out there and shoot some stunning landscape/scenery pictures.

DOCUMENTARY: A Picture of Britain
Channel: BBC 1
Date: Sunday 5th June 2005
Time: 21:00 to 22:00
Duration: 1 hour.
The Romantic North. Series 1, episode 1.
David Dimbleby takes a trip around Britain to see how the countryside has inspired art's greatest paintings. In the Lake District he visits Gordale Scar, for years deemed unpaintable by even the most Romantic artists until James Ward came along and changed the history of art.

DOCUMENTARY: A Digital Picture of Britain
Channel: BBC 4
Date: Sunday 5th June 2005
Time: 22:00 to 22:40
Duration: 40 minutes.
1/6. North.

Eamonn McCabe and other photographers chronicle Britain using the latest digital photographic technology. Ian Berry, Joe Cornish and Dan Chung capture views of the North.

This could also be interesting. milou has already given us the link to the BBC website but I thought I would refresh your memories with it being on tonight and his thread being taken along the competition topic mainly.

Only watch if you have a tv in the same room as your pc as I wouldn’t want to send you away from the forums ;)

lol nice one, I hadn't realised it was on 4 as well as 1.

Steep said:
lol nice one, I hadn't realised it was on 4 as well as 1.

I think they are different programs? although the names are almost identical :shock: :roll:

IanC_UK said:
Hmmm, starts planning a trip back to lake district ! havent been there for a few years, looks like i need to revisit ! :)

If you do, give me a shout. I will gladly have a day in the lakes with you.

Well, that was all rather fab and it was great to see one of my heroes, Joe Cornish, at work.

I had to laugh when he was given that mobile phone :LOL: From top end equipment to a 2mp phone camera :shock:

And he produced the goods on it - the value of recognising the light in the landscape I suppose.

I was watching that very carefully. The composition and framing they all used showed how good they really are. I think his tripod for the phone camera was a little too big though. :LOL:

Back