Typhoon....call sign Havoc.

I think I have the hardware, and hopefully enough skills. How much climbing is actually involved though?
cad east is the easiest to get to.you can drive up most of the way and then its a 15 minute gentle walk up.i personally dont like it that much but i had a heads up F15 Eagles were goiung through so i had to get up a hill quickly.a normal sunny day means cad east AM then cross over to cad west PM so the sun is with you.a location called Bluebell is a killer to reach but its stunning when jets come through.
any help i can give then let me know

In answer to Andy.

A bit like a morning quickie then!!!

Last edited:
Do you use an airband radio to get a heads up when one is entering the loop or is it obvious far enough ahead ?, I ask because we gt a fair bit of fast air though where i live (blackdown hill devon) but generally by the time you've heard one coming there isn't time to actually capture it (or often to get a good look at what it is)

Do you use an airband radio to get a heads up when one is entering the loop or is it obvious far enough ahead ?, I ask because we gt a fair bit of fast air though where i live (blackdown hill devon) but generally by the time you've heard one coming there isn't time to actually capture it (or often to get a good look at what it is)
Someone had a radio last time, which did help. But usually someone is alert it seems.

its quite simple,they normally give there intentions and say which corridor they will transit through from the east coast to us on the west coast.they contact london mil (or now swanick mil) for pressures for holyhead for example.that means they are working in LFA7 which includes the loop.they ask about other traffic in the area and then request low level let down

well the images were sent 26 hours ago and nothing.......i think that speaks volumes and i dont expect Richard will apologise.

you bloody coward!

It certainly looks that way given that he has been on the forum earlier today. Even dropping in here to say that he had the files and was still evaluating them, would go someway towards doing the right thing. Also given his OTT reaction in his own thread (where to be honest there is some sort of artefact in the image that was being discussed when I viewed it on my iPad), he is well out of order here.

well the images were sent 26 hours ago and nothing.......i think that speaks volumes and i dont expect Richard will apologise.

you bloody coward!

He's probably been too busy being 'really brave' taking out of focus pictures of grizzly bears ;)

Richard now says hes been on a business trip and is having difficulty opening a NEF file....he says he only received one image even though i sent two at the same time.i`ve resent the "missing" file and i have to wait while he sets up his video to prove i`m a liar.

Richard now says hes been on a business trip and is having difficulty opening a NEF file....he says he only received one image even though i sent two at the same time.i`ve resent the "missing" file and i have to wait while he sets up his video to prove i`m a liar.

Seriously?!... Wtf lol

Just a post to everyone interested, I received the Op's file only one, we are corresponding by PM and he said he will send the missing file 14. That's NEF files of frames 14 and 15. I will attempt to post a video of my screen capture with narrative if I can get the audio working, If not we will be back to the silent movie genre.

Here's a copy of my reply to the OP.

I've got 15, thank you. I will open it in Capture One and save it as a tiff and do my viewing in PS5. I'm using top of the line Dell dual monitors calibrated with Spider4. it will take me some time to set up my dog and pony show and hopefully folks at TP will have enough style to admit I proved my point.

I have more questions to the OP.
1. What time of day (local time) was the burst taken?
2. which side of the road is frame 15 taken from?
3. Will you please orientate me with East?
4. Will you please send me your Flickr URL?

Last edited:
Richard,
Why are you so intent to try to blacken someone's good name and reputation?

Are you really that bored?
He's wasting his time anyway as it's clear that the two images are two consecutive frames of the same aircraft taken from the same location by panning the camera. Any other 'conclusion' is simply bogus.

I have more questions to the OP.
1. What time of day (local time) was the burst taken?
3. Will you please orientate me with East?

you`ve got the RAW files!!!
11.40 AM
i`m on a hill,facing a road
look at Cadir Idris i`m south of it,over the road near a layby..

not sure why i`m entertaining this s***e..

Its Brash incognito .......if only he'd have been this polite first time round, he'd still be here! :)

Edit- Forgot in all this excitement, great shots Rob (y)

Last edited:
This thread just keeps on giving! Richard just be gracious and admit you were wrong and apologise to Rob.

Richard there is no need to analyse the RAWs; everyone in the world knows they are genuine. Just apologise and admit you are wrong.

Last edited:
Here's a copy of my reply to the OP.

I've got 15, thank you. I will open it in Capture One and save it as a tiff and do my viewing in PS5. I'm using top of the line Dell dual monitors calibrated with Spider4. it will take me some time to set up my dog and pony show and hopefully folks at TP will have enough style to admit I proved my point.

Seriously he's provided the original NEF files, what more proof do you need that they aren't composites (for the hard of thinking, if they were composites they wouldn't be original NEF files) , you can make a big song and dance with your video if you want, but you are just making yourself look silly, and demonstrating that you lack the moral fibre to say "sorry i was wrong"

Also how can you have one file but not the other if they were sent on the same email ?

Last edited:
?

Exactly the same place as frame 14 , duh ... its a burst on a plane moving at 400 knots , do you really think he had time to move between shots rather than just turning as the plane passed (as has already been demonstrated in the two shot composite Geejay posted)

Shot was taken from about here, with the plane flying South along the main road over the farm in the top right corner towards the camera.. East is to the right of the frame, West to the left and North to the top.

Last edited:
you`ve got the RAW files!!!
11.40 AM
i`m on a hill,facing a road
look at Cadir Idris i`m south of it,over the road near a layby..

Please give me the answers I asked for, since from your photos there is no North indication, I require the northing. I require the time of day the burst was taken. which side of the road you were shooting from. If your photos do not appear on your flicker site (specifically 14 & 15) if not would you please provide the EXIF of both frames?

Seriously he's provided the original NEF files, what more proof do you need that they aren't composites (for the hard of thinking, if they were composites they wouldn't be original NEF files) , you can make a big song and dance with your video if you want, but you are just making yourself look silly, and demonstrating that you lack the moral fibre to say "sorry i was wrong"

Maybe he believes that the Nikon D7200 can make composites in camera :wink:

because you are a bigger man and less of a dick (see what i did there) than the poster who had a " I'm not responding further to this innuendo" flounce when he was accused of manipulating shots ;)

The images are genuine Richard, if you did your homework rather than accusing the OP of doctoring his images and actually googled Mach Loop and Cad East you would notice that the road heading from the cross foxes hotel through the V at Cad East/West, that the 2 images in question are taken at different places along that road as as the road twists and turns a bit, hence the aircraft appears on both sides of the road because the second image is taken further down the road. Like Rob, I've been photographing these aircraft for years and seen many images like these. As for the location, good for head on shots, but you mainly see underside shots from this location, but due to the location of the sun, it's ideal for morning shots before heading over to Cad West in the afternoon. As for locations, prefer Bwlch shelves, Bwlch Spur, Bluebell or Corris Corner plus a couple of other great locations the masses don't know about.

Please give me the answers I asked for, since from your photos there is no North indication, I require the northing. I require the time of day the burst was taken. which side of the road you were shooting from. If your photos do not appear on your flicker site (specifically 14 & 15) if not would you please provide the EXIF of both frames?

You've got the NEFs , the exif is embedded - you might also want to wind your neck in as you arent in a good position to "require" anything

also he was on cad east - facing cad west across the valley , Someone of your 'gargantuan intellect' should be able to work out which way north is from that information

Back