TZ100 Focus Stacking

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
No
We have just bought a little TZ100 and from all the literature it points to being able to Focus Stack in the camera on macro shots. I can shoot in post focus and choose my focus point but I cannot see anyway to focus stack using the merge function as described on the manual. Would anyone (@woof woof ) know if it can actually be done or know a program that can do this on windows ?
Many thanks

Does it actually focus stack or just (basically) take a 4K movie sequence so the user can choose exactly which point of focus they want? (I have one but rarely use it - the other compacts I use are either easier to use or have better IQ.)

That’s the thing I’m not too sure on it, would seem it does as you say. Just trying to find out for certain.

As this link is North America one the models mentioned don't include the TZ100 and/or it predates that model

HTH?
It includes the TZ100 as US name ZS100.

Says “post focus/4k functions”.

In the features section it says:

A very cool feature, which even has a dedicated button on the ZS100, is post focus. While not nearly as high-tech as what Lytro has done with its Light Field camera, the results aren't that different. After recording a very short video clipduring which the camera racks focus across the depth of the scene, users can then tap the area on which they wish to focus with the rear screen, and then save that frame. Ideally you want to keep as still as possible during capture, which takes a second or two, but even with slight motion, post focus still works very well.

Last edited:
I've never done this but I've learned something today as from the instructions in the link it looks to be possible but sadly not automatically in camera.

I found those instructions (all be it the UK ones) hence the confusion. As yea I can do the post focus and save but see no FN1 option on playback to auto merge or range merge

I recently went out with my friend to try focus stacking on her TZ97. It worked really well, but I do remember it was not intuitive at first, and I am wishing I could remember more!! The FN1 button was a button on the back of her camera.
I think you tell it the starting focus point and then after it has recorded it you choose which bits you want in focus. It is very clever.

I realise it is not the same camera, but perhaps yours is similar?

Screenshot 2022-03-14 at 21.16.07.png

Last edited:
Back