UK immigration have your say here- Government petition

And now they are all gone, and the police are gone too, and the place is back to normal. Hmmm. I didn't get to see BBC's Ben Brown either.

I'm off home on me bike now to have a beer. So from me, here live, it's back to the studio.

Last edited:
Let me know the next time your flying so I can get the seat next to you as I would love to share my excess flubber and flatulence with you

Seriously!

Got to go to Crete in a few weeks ... there's your opportunity "fat and flatulent" ... seriously, (as you said)

I think that it's a 3 to 4 hour flight so you will have plenty of time to "let off"

Last edited:
being serious for a change ,what really bothers me from the videos and photos i have seen over the last few months is the distribution of the migrants ,i.e i have no problem with a husband and wife and children ,or elderly people either on there own or part of a family group . BUT what i do find worrying is the make up of most of these migrant groups seems to be young men and lots of them .also the make up of the migrants is wrong to after seeing ians photos its quiet obvious a lot of them are most definitely not syrian refugees either .

being serious for a change ,what really bothers me from the videos and photos i have seen over the last few months is the distribution of the migrants ,i.e i have no problem with a husband and wife and children ,or elderly people either on there own or part of a family group . BUT what i do find worrying is the make up of most of these migrant groups seems to be young men and lots of them .also the make up of the migrants is wrong to after seeing ians photos its quiet obvious a lot of them are most definitely not syrian refugees either .
And not just that, that little boy who drowned and his photo that went all around the world. Well, ahem, it was so dangerous for them in Syria that the family went back there to lay him at rest in Syria. I don't know whether there is actually another interpretation possible other than that they were not refugees.

A refugee, in contrast to a migrant, is according to the Geneva Convention on Refugees applied to a person who is outside their home country of citizenship because they have well-founded grounds for fear of persecution because of their race, religion, nationality, membership of a particular social group or political opinion, and is unable to obtain sanctuary from their home country or, owing to such fear, is unwilling to avail themselves of the protection of that country; or in the case of not having a nationality and being outside their country of former habitual residence as a result of such event, is unable or, owing to such fear, is unwilling to return to their country of former habitual residence. Such a person may be called an "asylum seeker" until considered with the status of "refugee" by the Contracting State where they formally make a claim for sanctuary or right of asylum.

So the fears of persecution are so great that amidst all of this they just pop back for a funeral. Hmmm.

And not just that, that little boy who drowned and his photo that went all around the world. Well, ahem, it was so dangerous for them in Syria that the family went back there to lay him at rest in Syria. I don't know whether there is actually another interpretation possible other than that they were not refugees.

So the fears of persecution are so great that amidst all of this they just pop back for a funeral. Hmmm.

Really??

You know that for sure do you????

People can do some strange things when grieving, such as wanting to bury your family where you once had the happiest memories of them for instance.

Last edited:
Really??

You know that for sure do you????

People can do some strange things when grieving, such as wanting to bury your family where you once had the happiest memories of them for instance.
Yes I do know for sure that they went back to the place they feared so much that even safe Turkey wasn't enough, and jumped on an overcrowded boat instead. Yet then all of a sudden they can take the journey back....Sure people do crazy things, however I've seen and witnessed the fear of genuine bonafide refugees, they would not go back.

Yes, yes I'm sure that after the death of both of his sons and his wife, it was an easy decision for Abdullah Kurdi to "pop" home for their funerals. :rolleyes:

Yes I do know for sure that they went back to the place they feared so much that even safe Turkey wasn't enough, and jumped on an overcrowded boat instead. Yet then all of a sudden they can take the journey back....Sure people do crazy things, however I've seen and witnessed the fear of genuine bonafide refugees, they would not go back.

You missed the sarcasm it seems

And no you do not Know what was going through this mans mind then or now

Stop talking cr@p

Have you felt the absolute mind numbing pain of holding your dead child in your arms?
Rational thinking goes out of the window.

Maybe we are supposed to see this funeral story is evidence that Syria is a safe place to go to these days. And the refugees are all wrong to leave.

no one is capable of predicting or even guessing how this situation will evolved and for many it will "end in tears" even with the good intentions of some, (a very small minority), of European citizens

as we can see from many of the actions, (and hasty decisions), of the past few years "unintended consequences" have resulted and situations get completely turned around - politicians will always make mistakes and the silent majority who I believe are against "immigration" into the EU will have their day

past history always has some relevance and rather than furthering "cultural integration" I personally think that what is happening now will have a negative effect on such

the blue touch paper has been lit, again, IMHO

Last edited:
I'm hoping that in a few years down the line Syria can be fixed. And I hope that the displaced people will mostly go home. Some will stay. As always. And those that leave will take with them memories of being helped during the bad times. And even if they have had discrimination problems, they'll still know what Europe is really like. And not end up believing Jihadis or dictators.

Last edited:
I'm hoping that in a few years down the line Syria can be fixed. And I hope that the displaced people will mostly go home.

will Syria ever be "fixed" in the lifetime of many ..... just look at Iraq and Libya and several N Africa States ......... I doubt it

A question that maybe should be asked is "Do we think that the Syrians have any "right" to come and live in the UK" - I am sure many people do not believe that they have and (under any circumstances) ... By the way this is not my opinion ...... I always look on in amazement about what is happening in the "world"

(what is also happening may influence the opinion indirectly as to whether the UK stays in the EU, food for the "leave" campaign)

Last edited:
You missed the sarcasm it seems

And no you do not Know what was going through this mans mind then or now

Stop talking cr@p
Oi calm down, no need for any of that in a adult discussion. I did not say I know what goes through his mind, that would be impossible, thus also rather silly of you to even think that I would know that. I merely responded that I do know that they've gone back, and the other known facts...

Oi calm down, no need for any of that in a adult discussion. I did not say I know what goes through his mind, that would be impossible, thus also rather silly of you to even think that I would know that. I merely responded that I do know that they've gone back, and the other known facts...

I don't feel a need to repeat myself

Apparently a woman on the same boat reckons the father was one of the smugglers and was steering the boat, although he claims the actual smuggler had jumped overboard and he'd taken over steering the boat. It does make you wonder.

Apparently a woman on the same boat reckons the father was one of the smugglers and was steering the boat, although he claims the actual smuggler had jumped overboard and he'd taken over steering the boat. It does make you wonder.

Anything beginning with apparently, is not something I can give credence to.

It is not beyond the realm of immagination and wouldn't be the first time. Anyone remember the three girls with their parents and crocodile tears? Yet one of the girls father was actively involved, and the others it is not publicly known.

There is a lot more to this than most will ever know or have access to in publicly available information. My stance definitely has changed.

"Indubitably" the real smugglers stay on dry land and give the task of steering to someone who couldn't afford to pay as much, and begged the most.

You do have to wonder how many tiny bodies lie at the bottom of the sea, never resurfacing, one picture causing so much uproar, before it was shown
there seemed to be far more anti illegal immigration

One bad thing about the situation is people you know on social media sharing all the Britain first, and other scare tactic posts, you think they are rational people and then this hatred appears.

One bad thing about the situation is people you know on social media sharing all the Britain first, and other scare tactic posts, you think they are rational people and then this hatred appears.

TBH I don't think a lot of people that share it know what Britain First is all about, I've had a few shares on my timeline from people who I know wouldn't if
they knew what they were sharing :(

TBH I don't think a lot of people that share it know what Britain First is all about, I've had a few shares on my timeline from people who I know wouldn't if
they knew what they were sharing :(

They might try reading before sharing.
Just a thought.

They might try reading before sharing.
Just a thought.

It's the FB mentality, or should that be CBA.
I'd never heard of Britain First until a Ban Britain First post was shared, people don't realise that sometime they are spreading things

Anything beginning with apparently, is not something I can give credence to.
I only use the word apparently because we can never know what the truth is at times. First I read was a woman on the boat claiming that the boy's father was a smuggler, but a few days later I read that the boy's father had denied being a smuggler and had only taken over steering the boat because the original person steering, had jumped out of the boat.
Have you felt the absolute mind numbing pain of holding your dead child in your arms?
Rational thinking goes out of the window.
I'm with JP, it does seem some what odd to want to escape a warzone, and then feel the need to return there to bury your child. You may lose some rational thinking, but I very much doubt you will lose all rational thinking and return to a place where people will be trying to kill you.

I only use the word apparently because we can never know what the truth is at times. First I read was a woman on the boat claiming that the boy's father was a smuggler, but a few days later I read that the boy's father had denied being a smuggler and had only taken over steering the boat because the original person steering, had jumped out of the boat.

I'm with JP, it does seem some what odd to want to escape a warzone, and then feel the need to return there to bury your child. You may lose some rational thinking, but I very much doubt you will lose all rational thinking and return to a place where people will be trying to kill you.

Fair enough. You don't think. You doubt, but have you experienced it?
I don't know what this man's situation was before he originally left Syria with his family, but I think vilifying him for his actions following the death of his wife and two young sons, (whilst those images are splashed across the globe) is vile and profoundly ignorant.

It's the FB mentality, or should that be CBA.
I'd never heard of Britain First until a Ban Britain First post was shared, people don't realise that sometime they are spreading things
Sometimes it's unrelated posts, but on Britsin first, but people sharing other scare mongering crap too, that they fully know what they are sharing as they add their own comment. Some photo of a migrant arriving and alledlegy the same man with guns and being a member of ISIS.

Rational people who just suddenly start on some 'too many of THEM' rant

Fair enough. You don't think. You doubt, but have you experienced it?
I don't know what this man's situation was before he originally left Syria with his family, but I think vilifying him for his actions following the death of his wife and two young sons, (whilst those images are splashed across the globe) is vile and profoundly ignorant.
Not sure whether this was in response to what I wrote earlier, but I think vilifying him is stretching the interpretation by quite some length. Definitely doesn't align with my intentions.

"Indubitably" the real smugglers stay on dry land and give the task of steering to someone who couldn't afford to pay as much, and begged the most.

Of course. The "son of a smuggler!" smear that was being spread around reminds me of the recent "refugee tripped by camerawoman is Al Quaeda!" smear.

Pure nonsense designed to whip-up the hard of thinking.

Under those circumstances or anything like it no, but I have lost a child.

As have I. You have my sympathy.
When you have your dead child in your arms, the circumstances under which they came to be there are irrelevant. Dead is dead.
I can understand almost any poor judgement call made in that moment.

As have I. You have my sympathy.
When you have your dead child in your arms, the circumstances under which they came to be there are irrelevant. Dead is dead.
I can understand almost any poor judgement call made in that moment.
You have my sympathy too. It maybe because in our circumstances our child was stillborn, and no real chance to form a bond as is possible over several years, I could think with a clearer head. When I lost my Mum a year earlier was probably harder, I remember feeling numb but just returning to work the following day as if nothing had happened.

If someone is desperate enough to put their family with small children into a small boat on the sea to get away, you can be sure they were leaving somewhere in terrible circumstances. Then if you suddenly have no family left to look after, and you are now on your own, what have you got to lose? You have to make totally different and unplanned decisions.

But if you can't see that, then you could make it sound suspicious and premeditated and claim he might not be a real refugee.

Last edited:
I understand that Germany has now closed its borders despite the Shengen agreement.

I found this video last night and think that it shows some balance.

Sorry forgot to mention 30 mins and subtitles

Last edited:

The families save up and send over the men and then under family reunification directives in the EU they all come over. Translators weed out the non-Syrians or are supposed to.

I understand that Germany has now closed its borders despite the Shengen agreement.
It's full on chaos at the border. The boss just got in to the office from his home in Austria by finding a small lane that was not manned. Away from the main routes. I suggested he should have hidden in the back of a lorry. But he didn't find that funny.

Last edited:
More people are flooding in to Munich again. This time it's for the Oktoberfest. Where several million people visit each year.
main-teaser-anstich.jpg
12:00 today. Official picture of the traditional opening the first barrel by the city mayor.

Last edited:
Enjoy :)

Back