UK immigration have your say here- Government petition

I often wonder who got the s***ty end of the stick, (so to speak :D )
We shave ( well most of us do ;) ) every day from the age of about 16 till well passed the predicted 44 year of age.

at least you have a choice :(

at least you have a choice :(
Fair point well presented.
(especially recently, as the "Victorian" gentleman look is back in fashion ;) )

We shave ( well most of us do ;) ) every day from the age of about 16 till well passed the predicted 44 year of age.

Forgive me, oh snakey one...but when you've bled out of your "man bits" throughout a similar time frame, then we'll talk. ;)

Besides...you don't have to shave. It's a aesthetic choice. :p

Forgive me, oh snakey one...but when you've bled out of your "man bits" throughout a similar time frame, then we'll talk. ;)
As above, fair point well presented ;)

I like my women shaved too.

Just to be PC :)

I like my women shaved too.
Just to be PC :)
That's you in trouble with the feminists then, you are on your own pal!

:D

Besides...you don't have to shave. It's a aesthetic choice. :p

Us men still have to suffer though, eh? :exit:

One of the rationale for such a tax is that it is claimed that unhealthy food is often cheaper than healthy food, and thus a "fat tax" will make healthier options more financially appealing.

Personally, I don't think it will have the effect policy makers are aiming for.

The main problem, as I see it, is a lack of respect for food - people expect it to be cheap and quick, and a lot of people (and this is not just a 'poor person' issue) don't have any idea about food. I know people who only go into their kitchens regularly to make tea/toast, and if forced to prepare a meal will opt for a ready meal packed with everything except nutrition.

I think this behaviour is learned. I grew up at home with a stepfather who was a very keen cook, then at university my best friend was also a keen cook (having spent his year out working in a restaurant kitchen). Although I'm nowhere near their standards, being around people taking a great care over their food - planning, preparing and serving - rubbed off on me. For those who have grown up in a household of freezer->oven->plate with little human involvement except digestion, cooking appears to be some arcane, mystical process understood only by magicians. And a lot of the cookery programmes on TV reinforce the idea that cooking a meal is challenging.

I think you are right, Andy.
Our kids have been taught from and early age to cook healthily.
My wife took my daughter over to Wyoming and set her up with all the essentials. Her cupboard is full with herbs, spices, oils, etc. and her flat mate's has two bricks of coke and a couple of pot noodles.
Much the same when I took my son up to Aberdeen.

There isnt a knife big enough :whistle:
Just sayin'

chainsaw-smiley-emoticon.gif

:D

another thread goes of topic, gets cut short and axed :rolleyes:

Oh and I forgot to mention....you gotta do it several times a day, for several days in a row....13 times a year ;)

It's ok though, we won't make you do it for the average 44 years usually required! :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, great - pile it on :arghh:

another thread goes of topic, gets cut short and axed :rolleyes:
I did look with a view to splitting it, but its such a mess that there wouldn't be a grain of a thread left if I did ;)

Ooh, hope their are still some puns left. Want something to get my teeth into...

:coat:

Ooh, hope their are still some puns left. Want something to get my teeth into...

:coat:

The grain that Cobra just mentioned for a start :p

Ahh tree bien! I have just twigged, you are the most popular one at the puns with everyone rooting fir yew, think I best just lumber off

Ahh tree bien! I have just twigged, you are the most popular one at the puns with everyone rooting fir yew, think I best just lumber off
Its OK keep your sap up and don't pine for too long. (y)

This couldn't be Acer, folks...but don't Rowan another thread! :)

I travel by air quite a lot - I always have trouble with my hand baggage and hold baggage weights - always on the limit

I weigh a modest 84kgs, (OK I should lose a few labs) - I'm just over 5' 11"

I really object to (very) fat people paying the same fare as me particularly when they are sat next to me and have trouble fitting in the seat and spilling over into mind.

It really annoys me.......... it really is unfair

I think you should quince whilst you're ahead.

I think you should quince whilst you're ahead.

Aeroplanes are sensitive to weight - the fare should be charged on the overall weight of the person and his bags on a pro rata basis - I object to paying the same as a big fat lump sitting in the next seat to me.

I speak from personal experience

Last edited:
Aeroplanes are sensitive to weight - the fare should be charged on the overall weight of the person and his bags on a pro rata basis - I object to paying the same as a big fat lump sitting in the next seat to me.

I speak from personal experience
How is this relevant to my treemendous pun?

Edit: ah, sorry. Your post crossed with mine.

I travel by air quite a lot - I always have trouble with my hand baggage and hold baggage weights - always on the limit

I weigh a modest 84kgs, (OK I should lose a few labs) - I'm just over 5' 11"

I really object to (very) fat people paying the same fare as me particularly when they are sat next to me and have trouble fitting in the seat and spilling over into mind.

It really annoys me.......... it really is unfair
I feel your pain, Bill.
I'd be able to take more luggage than you :)
My wife had a related experience on her flight from NY to Yellowstone.

Back