Uninteresting living near a canal path

I just might have a look at a bag like that. If I could get a small flask, and butties with room for a camera. :)

Camera, lenses, flash, filters, flask, butties, bird food inc. maggots and not a problem and there will be still space for a friend call Mr J Daniels (if you know him of course).

I just might have a look at a bag like that. If I could get a small flask, and butties with room for a camera. :)
Alternatively: your existing bag plus a Walkstool. My wife and I each have one and they're very light, very tough and very comfortable. Cheaper variants are also available...

Walkstool TZ70 P1030552.jpg

Getting there John :)

Maybe try to get a cyclist coming towards you for a more interesting shot ( just a thought)

Les

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting there John :)

Maybe try to get a cyclist coming towards you for a more interesting shot ( just a thought)

Les

I was thinking the same for that photo.

Also I would have preferred the 'extra' space in front of the barge and more of the water/less of the treetops.

This gives you an idea of what I mean. Which version do you prefer?
001 - Barge.jpg

With potentially moving objects it also gives space that they might move into, so therefore creates more of a story, where something has been is potentially less of a story than where it is going!

Yes, I can see what you mean. It does make sense. :)

That was the best I could do in a short time and The scenery added in front doesn't look look too wrong. Worked better than I thought it would. You could almost believe the photo was 'right'.

A boring bridge over a Birmingham canal.000033 (5 of 1)-3.JPG

I thought that the echoed form of the spiders web and the power cables above the canal side train line formed an interesting composition. Maybe I need to find a more interesting location.

000033 (52222 of 1)-7.JPG

I think @jonbeeza now realises just how 'boring' and 'mundane' canals can be! lol

I quite like the boring theme, now running through the thread. :) I can now see a boring and uninteresting canal path, does have plenty of photographic opportunities, if you can learn to see them. Getting down low or getting up higher, spotting that ray of light illuminating the growing plant life, at the side of the bank. Even shapes and patterns on a wall, graffiti on a wall looks good, when taken correctly.

I suppose I will have to confess and say, I would have probably missed most of what you all spotted, had I walked all those routes above. I would have probably said, I spotted nothing of interest. I know I need to slow down, and start to look properly, and from different angles and viewpoints.

As I said, I quite like how you are all showing me, just how boring interesting a canal path can be. (y):)(y)

A couple of my boring ones, shot with the lowly Fuji XF1

out of the darkness ( explored - thank you )

by damianmkv, on Flickr

soft light ( explored - thank you )

by damianmkv, on Flickr

get out at different times of the day to catch the light (y)

Another couple of lovely Boring photos.

You managed to get a couple of lovely boring shots of a canal, but I am more amazed you managed it with the Fuji XF1. o_O I thought most had all died, mine died in the first year, bought brand new.

Sorry to hear that, but I suppose it was inevitable. :(

ps

I bet someone comes along and says, "my xf1 is still going strong". :whistle:

Mine is. The other (newer) got nicked from an unlocked car.

Mine is. The other (newer) got nicked from an unlocked car.

Mine is a long distant memory, now replaced with the Canon G7X, similar in shape, but much better IQ etc. Glad your last remaining one, is still going strong. :)

Doesn't get much use these days - just enough to keep its heart beating (and aperture blades sliding!) Sony RX100/III now handles pocketable compact duties.

Back