Uploading pics to your own webspace.

dod

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ebenezer McScrooge III
Edit My Images
Yes
Can some of you web savvy folks please help.

Basically I'm really getting fed up of uploadit.org, it seems to be having upload issues again.

I have my own web space as part of my wifes business and somehow managed to get a very basic web site onto it.

However, trying to upload some of my own pics to there is proving a bit more difficult.

Details:
using Smartftp programme I can connect to the ftp server (sounds like I know what I'm talking about :eek:ops: ) and in the Public HTML folder have created another folder called pictures. Using the direct upload command it starts to collect the files but timesout after 20 seconds.

Can someone point out the daft mistake I'm making please.

yep, it shows the name of the file with a few bytes and then times out :( I've tried uploading to another site which accepts photos directly onto their server and that works fine :?

ISP is tsohost.co.uk

All the web site files were uploaded directly from front page and there are a few folders there. I created a pictures folder directly under the public html folder, not in the web site stuff, if that makes sense

Right, can you try creating a folder within the website folders called pictures ? and then uploading to that ? It may be you have put that folder in a dodgy place ! ie you should see index.html and some folders, create the folder there !

This is what the log says

227 Entering Passive Mode (195,deleted,135).
Opening data connection IP: 195.deleted PORT: 54407.
STOR backlitleaves2.jpg
150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for backlitleaves2.jpg
Connection closed. Timeout (20s).

Is there another directory called www ? if so try uploading into that one not the public html. It's actually the same thing but I think the permissions are different (or summat)

IanC_UK said:
Right, can you try creating a folder within the website folders called pictures ? and then uploading to that ? It may be you have put that folder in a dodgy place ! ie you should see index.html and some folders, create the folder there !

same again :(

its in ftp.hardmuirstables.co.uk/public_html/pictures. Also tried it with ftp.hardmuirstables.co.uk/public_html/borders/pictures

that just did the same but I got an email from the owner of the hosting :shock:

I'm behind a router and had to use a passive mode. Looks like they have uploaded, thanks guys :)

hehe, yeah, but I can't work out how to link to them yet, never mind. enough for one night, I'm off to bed :eek:ops:

try http://www.hardmuirstables.co.uk/pictures/backlitleaves2.jpg

backlitleaves2.jpg

;)

thanks Ian :) I was including the Public html folder in the link, that's why it wouldn't work, see I know nothing :LOL:

You know more than that now :D

Back