URGENT 40D HELP NEEDED

Dino f

Wiiiiilmmmaaaaaaaa
Name
Dean Feltimo
Edit My Images
Yes
Please help!!!!
I can turn my 40D on and change setting etc, but when i press the shutter button, it focusses but the display reads "busy" and wont take the picture. It dissapears about 5 seconds later, but returns when i try to take a picture.
Im at my wits end
Dean:crying:

:( I presume you tried formatting your CF card, turning off and changing batteries.. all that jazz?

Also try a different lens if you have one, then try a different mode, remove and replace the battery. See if any of those helps. Wayne

try a different cf card, could be corrupt? can yu view files or do nothing on it?

Cheers guys,
heres what ive tried.
3 different lenses
3 different cf cards
3 different batteries
with and without the vertical grip
all the modes.
I cant reformat the card as the rear screen doesnt light up when you press the menu button.
:shrug:
Dean:(:crying::(

inside the batter compartment there is a button cell in a holder. This keeps the camera settings permanent.

Remove it for 1/2 hour to clear ALL settings, and put it back in, cross fingers and hope for the best. This willreset the internal 'cpu' and hopefully sort the problem.

Chris

Cheers Chilli,
battery out, countdown started.
we'll see in 1/2 hour.
Dean:(

You know what, you guys are the best. ive noticed since ive been here the amount of moral support/ advice everyone is keen to give when a fellow TP member is having troubles.
Well heres a virtual hug to all of you:hug:

Dean:)

Fingers crossed for you mate, that the reset works(y) I'm sure we're all thinking of other possible solutions

10 minutes to go.........everything crossed for you :)

Must also give a big shout out to Neil (Morph) who left what he was doing to bring his 20D over for me to use as i was just about to do a prom night shoot, and guess who didnt bother to bring the 350D along as backup.:bang::bang:

Didnt work:crying:
ant more ideas????:thinking:

I hate to say it dude, but it sounds like it's fubar'd.

Have you had a google for this problem btw?

I don't know canon very well at all, but if you've tried evreything you can think of to get it back then it's quite probably broken :(

p.s. you can format the card via your PC. Just make sure you format it to FAT32

Cheers for that:razz:

I had a load of problems with my 400D when it was out of warranty and Canon referred me to a company called H Lehmann, who are based in Stoke as they are an approved Canon repairer. I would give them a call and see what they say as they were dead helpful to me.

If it cant be fixed over the phone then they can repair it under your warranty so worth giving them a call.

Cheers

Can you access the camera menu and restore settings back to default?

Can you access the camera menu and restore settings back to default?

Cant open up menu on the rear screen, nothing happens when i press the button.
Dean

Presumably you don't use a grip? Also, as has been mentioned previously, have you done a Google search on a similar fault such as this?

Yes i do use a grip, it has been on the camera since day 1, i have tried it without the grip on bet it still dont work.
did a google search, mostof the problems related to the grip or external flash.
Dean

If you've tried all that and different modes I can't at the moment offer any more ideas :( I'll keep thinking though and re-post if anything else comes to mind. Hopefully some others may have some suggestions mate.

Just a thought :) but have you used a plug in remote release recently? if so, check that the pins in the camera socket are still okay

Cheers for your ideas anyway, do appreciate it(y)
Dean

Just a thought :) but have you used a plug in remote release recently? if so, check that the pins in the camera socket are still okay

checked the pins. all seem ok
cheers
dean

Remove the battery and leave it over night?

Have you tried to see if you get the busy signal if there is no lens on the camera?

Another thought...how do you download your images, using a card reader or via the usb? Tethered downloading seems to cause a similar problem for the 40D.

i rread somewhere to reset everything you need to pull out the battey while it is on?!

how about doing the firmware upgrade...that would *definitely* clear all the settings?

as long as the camera is recognised within the EOS utility you should be able to do this...Instructions on how to do this using EOS utility are here

Back