URGENT 40D HELP NEEDED

That might be worth a try!(firmware update). If that don't work it looks like a trip to canon hun :(

Sorry to say so Dino, but it sounds well goosed to me mate. If it's under warranty I'd start harassing Canon ASAP. I'm not sure I'd want to try the firmware upgrade with the preview screen not working, and it could just give Canon an excuse to start making user error noises if it goes fubar - I'm not saying they will, but I wouldn't muddy the waters - as it stands it's broke and it's down to them.

i get this occasinally when its trying to sort out the flash etc, Haveyou tried just leaving it? sometimes mine takes up to a couple of minutes to sort out
(im on a 400D though)

:agree: with CT. IMHO it's chuffed. Get it fixed ASAP.

Rung Canon today, they just said send it to one of their repairers. Im sending it to Colchester Cameras as they fixed the lcd for me last time and they were very good. Im sending the receipt i got from Ian (Kerso) with it as its only 4 months old. See what they say.
Hopefully it will get sorted asap, as the big airshows are coming up.
Dean:)

Good luck Dean. Hopefully it'll be a FOC fix as it's still under warranty :). Keep us posted (y)

You haven't got it in live view mode have you? press the set button in the center of the wheel.

You haven't got it in live view mode have you? press the set button in the center of the wheel.
No mate, wish it was that though.

Rung Canon today, they just said send it to one of their repairers. Im sending it to Colchester Cameras as they fixed the lcd for me last time and they were very good. Im sending the receipt i got from Ian (Kerso) with it as its only 4 months old. See what they say.
Hopefully it will get sorted asap, as the big airshows are coming up.

Too much of that sounds farmiliar to me :LOL:

Dino I hope you get a swift repair :fingerscrossedsmilie:

Out of interest have you tried taking a shot in live view?

Thanks Jo,
Live view wont start when i press the button, it just comes up "busy" again.

Please help!!!!
I can turn my 40D on and change setting etc, but when i press the shutter button, it focusses but the display reads "busy" and wont take the picture. It dissapears about 5 seconds later, but returns when i try to take a picture.
Im at my wits end
Dean:crying:

*Enter '40D busy message' in to Google and there is about 5,180 replies.
First one I looked out appeared to say 'no problem' :thinking:

Cheers, (y)

*Enter '40D busy message' in to Google and there is about 5,180 replies.
First one I looked out appeared to say 'no problem' :thinking:

Cheers, (y)

and your post is at number 5 in the results :LOL:

Dino f, I hope it gets sorted quickly :(

Hey Dino, any news on your problem yet ? My 40D started with exactly the same problem yesterday :crying:

The only thing I can add to the symptoms is a warning if the memory card isn't in place, when I put the card in the message goes back to busy.

Back