US cars - open thread

Hi, the Mainzer-Automobil-Classic is this Saturday. - From last year:

D80_3759-n70c-tp.jpg

0taSNml.jpg

That's a short number for a German reg plate isn't it?

That's a short number for a German reg plate isn't it?

Yes, it is. When there is little room for a plate, the authorities may hand out numbers like this. - And for a fee, you can buy a plate with just a few digits.

Guessing the owner paid for that one - no shortage of space for a full length number on a Ram!!!

Mrs Nod bought a car with her nickname as part of its reg a few years ago and has since transferred the number to her current fun car but that's a full length plate (A111AAA type). Oddly, despite the OD suffix being a local identifier until about 20 years ago, I've never ended up with a NOD plate.

Guessing the owner paid for that one - no shortage of space for a full length number on a Ram!!!

Mrs Nod bought a car with her nickname as part of its reg a few years ago and has since transferred the number to her current fun car but that's a full length plate (A111AAA type). Oddly, despite the OD suffix being a local identifier until about 20 years ago, I've never ended up with a NOD plate.

Hi, I do not like personal plates, especially if they have combinations that are easy to remember.

You never know, who wants to remember your plate, and for which reason(s) ... ---

UAAS!

Back