US cars - open thread

Hi, Greg, I like your creative, artistic US car pics very much. (y) They add another dimension to this thread.

My approach is more straightforward, documentary. I get a press badge from the organizers at events, which allows me to take pics before the general public comes.

But the organizers want pics they can use for their event archives. They tell me "no creativity, please". Which is allright with me, not being creative ... ( :LOL: ).

So Caddy pics from me ... :

View attachment 376418

View attachment 376409

View attachment 376410

View attachment 376416
Great photos Immo. The Caddy was a marvellous car. I was lucky enough to have a ride in it - fantastic! It looks like the red was a popular colour.
When you do pics for the organisers are you allowed to do edits at all? - like remove distractions,straighten things up, colour fix, shadows etc - or do they have to be "out of camera"?

Last edited:
Have to admit that I really don't like the heavily processed type of shot, although the make and model information is nice to have.
That's OK if your not happy with my creative stuff. It's not for everyone. If you don't want me to post any more, just let me know.
I've been doing graphic design and photography for many years and I've created many flyers and ads for various companies who have asked for something a bit different to the trillions of images seen every day. The image posted has no processing on the car itself, only the surrounding effect to draw the eye. The original background was extremely distracting and just an assortment of awful looking shops, signage etc, which made the image really messy to look at with no appeal. Glad we are all different :)

Great photos Immo. The Caddy was a marvellous car. I was lucky enough to have a ride in it - fantastic! It looks like the red was a popular colour.
When you do pics for the organisers are you allowed to do edits at all? - like remove distractions,straighten things up, colour fix, shadows etc - or do they have to be "out of camera"?

Hi, for car exhibitions, or meetings i.e. standing cars (for cars in action I use NIKON DSLRs) I use a Leica M9 with a 50mm lens.

I do not remove distractions, but try to avoid them, straighten (rarely necessary with a 50mm lens). Leica DNGs processed with DXO do not need colour fix,
shadows are lifted when necessary, and some cropping, which is rarely necessary. with a 50mm lens.

I give DNG oocs to the organizers, and pics minimally edited as stated above, as JPEGs converted by Photoshop Elements and sized according to tp requirements.

So, everybody is happy. The organizers, tp viewers and myself ... :)

Last edited:
That's OK if your not happy with my creative stuff. It's not for everyone. If you don't want me to post any more, just let me know.
I've been doing graphic design and photography for many years and I've created many flyers and ads for various companies who have asked for something a bit different to the trillions of images seen every day. The image posted has no processing on the car itself, only the surrounding effect to draw the eye. The original background was extremely distracting and just an assortment of awful looking shops, signage etc, which made the image really messy to look at with no appeal. Glad we are all different :)

In no way do I want you to stop posting! As you say, everyone has their own taste. To MY eyes, the processing is more of a distraction than any amount of clutter.

Hi, I found pics of the first-fin Caddy discussed in another thread ... :

L1009917_DxO-L50s-c.jpg

L1009918_DxO-L50s-cc.jpg

The owner :

L1009919_DxO-L50s-c.jpg

Some details :

L1009918_DxO-L50s-c.jpg

I took these the previous day in the rain (with my OLYMPUS Pen-EP1) :

P9032090.jpg

P9032089.jpg

P9032087.jpg

Again, I would welcome Greg's US-car pics in this thread. So, the thread would have more variety!

Well here's a 1958 Plymouth Belvedere.
1958-Plymouth-Belvedere.jpg

1966 Cadillac Deville (these beasts were almost 20ft long).
1966-Cadillac-Deville.jpg

Last edited:
Merry Christmas to you and your family and to all members here. Nice 32 degrees here. So all of us will be in the pool. :)

Merry Christmas to you and your family and to all members here. Nice 32 degrees here. So all of us will be in the pool. :)

Hi, my best CHRISTMAS wishes again. Here In Germany (near Frankfurt) it is around 10 Degrees Celsius and rainy...

A 'Vette :

L1006369_DxO-v50c.jpg

I just just love the Corvette.
Here's a few different colours of the:
1957-59 Nash Metropolitan Convertible
American automobile that was assembled in England and marketed from 1953 until 1961. It had the Austin "A40" engine.
It was classed as an economy car and subcompact car. The Metropolitan was also sold as a Hudson when Nash and Hudson merged in 1954 to form the American Motors Corporation (AMC).
1959-Nash-Metropolitan---2.jpg
1959-Nash-Metropolitan-2_CARIBBEAN_BLUE.jpg
1957-Nash-Metropolitan-3_CANYON_RED.jpg
1959-Nash-Metropolitan-3_SUNSET_YELLOW.jpg
1959-Nash-Metropolitan-3_SPRUCE_GREEN.jpg

Hi, the Nash convertible is extremely rare. I have never seen one live ... ---

A LINCOLN Continental (in the rain) ... :

P9032125.jpg

P9032123.jpg

P9032124.jpg

Huge vehicle @justpix You'd need 2 car parking bays in Australia to park that beast.

You have a great variety at your disposal and all well photographed.

You have a great variety at your disposal and all well photographed.

Hi, thank you for your friendly appreciation of my modest efforts. :)

There were many GIs with their cars here in Germany, which were often left here, and GM had the OPEL plant in Rüsselsheim.

The future looks difficult. FORD sells and services MUSTANGs here , but GM sales and support are low ... ---

L1009488_DxO-L35c-28-c.jpg

Thanks for that, Jon. Any idea of who built that? Looks a bit Kindiggy but I have fairly limited knowledge of the world of high end customs!

Well worth clicking through to see your other shots from that show.

Thanks, Immo! For some reason, I couldn't get Sennheiser (headphones!) out of my head.

png-clipart-microphone-headphones-sennheiser-hd-598-audio-microphone-blue-angle-thumbnail.png

Back