Valencia Film Options

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm off to Valencia in a few weeks and want to do some night photography around the City of Science & Arts so I've ordered some Cinestill to have a go with, anybody got any other recommendations?

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing some really nice night shots by Adrian @Jao but can't recall what film stock was used.

Also are there any other locations I should head to for photo opportunities?

Reactions: Jao
I'm off to Valencia in a few weeks and want to do some night photography around the City of Science & Arts so I've ordered some Cinestill to have a go with, anybody got any other recommendations?

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing some really nice night shots by Adrian @Jao but can't recall what film stock was used.

Also are there any other locations I should head to for photo opportunities?

H'mm wouldn't it be safer to use a film stock that you are familiar with? erm well unless you go to Valencia frequently ;)

H'mm wouldn't it be safer to use a film stock that you are familiar with? erm well unless you go to Valencia frequently ;)
You're right Brian and I will be taking my fave colour neg film Portra 400 and maybe some Velvia although this may be a little more challenging but I've heard good things of Cinestill and really fancied giving it a try, particularly somewhere as architecturally interesting as Valencia.

You're right Brian and I will be taking my fave colour neg film Portra 400 and maybe some Velvia although this may be a little more challenging but I've heard good things of Cinestill and really fancied giving it a try, particularly somewhere as architecturally interesting as Valencia.

Look forward Nick to seeing your piccies and always handy to have added advice on night shots. Have you thought about exposure...let the camera sort it out, or use a low light exposure meter, or bracketing, or printed film exposure guide?

Have you tried Superia 1600? I had an outdated roll and used it for the Kenilworth Castle light show last year, thought it was great. I've also got a short roll of Superia 800 I haven't used yet.

My version of Steven's cheat sheet needs a little bit of work ti take account of new info on Ilford's reciprocity info, I'll try to get to that and send you a version... but of course you can't go wrong with Acros (and a tripod...)

Nick, Valencia is a marvellous location, I was there a year ago this week. I took a number of night shots mostly Portra 400 rated at 200. I used a table tripod and cable release for all the night shots. The Ciutat de les Arts i les Ciències is a fabulous location day and night, but the old city is also well worth walking about. The original river bed is a massive park that circles the city and a great way to walk if you are up for a good trek.

Enjoy your trip!

Nikon F80, Cosina 19-35mm Portra 400 @200 ASA 5 seconds

33584576322_cc3e29a408_b.jpg

Nick, Valencia is a marvellous location, I was there a year ago this week. I took a number of night shots mostly Portra 400 rated at 200. I used a table tripod and cable release for all the night shots. The Ciutat de les Arts i les Ciències is a fabulous location day and night, but the old city is also well worth walking about. The original river bed is a massive park that circles the city and a great way to walk if you are up for a good trek.

Enjoy your trip!

Nikon F80, Cosina 19-35mm Portra 400 @200 ASA 5 seconds

33584576322_cc3e29a408_b.jpg
Thanks Adrian, your shots are excellent. I’m really looking forward to it, it’s been on my list for ages.

Thanks Adrian, your shots are excellent. I’m really looking forward to it, it’s been on my list for ages.

Nick, have a great trip, I am sure you will love it, look forward to your images

When I have been to Valencia, which is four times now I have found that if you go to the City of Arts and Sciences around one hour or so before sunset you can capture photographs with some real golden light.

I have always used Velvia 50 and Portra 160VC.

Make sure you hit the Market and also very near to the market The Mercadillo Plaza Redonda which is one of if not the only round square in Spain. Don,t forget the Bull ring next door the the railway station and also
The Station itself which is magnificent.

Have a great trip.(y)

Thanks folks, I get the feeling that if I can’t come back with a few decent shots from Valencia then I may have to give up photography:LOL:

Back