weekly Vanishedbob's 52 Thread 2020

I'm more a minimalist when it comes to wrist watches... but there's certainly a lot going on on your watch. Great detail and good background!

nice DoF and sharp (sorry) where it needs to be.
Nice highlights in the background - and add already noted, sharp where it needs to be [emoji3]
It is quite odd that barbed wire fence can be so photogenic.
That's really good. Love it. Simple yet effective.
Loving the random bokeh balls too.
I agree simple but effective

Thank you all. The bokeh balls are Pudsey Beck shimmering in the background.

Week 16. First initial. D is for Downtime.

My lad doing our tea after a busy day gardening, shed building, gate fixing, paddling pool inflating and other lockdown lunacy odd jobs.

Downtime by 4444 Photography, on Flickr

A nice fun image, liking the inclusion of the smoke and the way that the light is caught in it on camera left by the hood.
From a technical viewpoint, did you consider correcting the verticals (you have diverging verticals).
I had a quick look and think it does improve the shot a bit when corrected (but YMMV).

Good image of our current locked down climate. Looks like you deserve the BBQ after all the work that has been done. I like the processing that given to the image.

Can't beat a BBQ! Looks like the shed is coming on well as well!
Hi David, nice bit of downtime, I will be glad to get back to uptime though.
Its good to put the kids to some use, very topical
A nice fun image, liking the inclusion of the smoke and the way that the light is caught in it on camera left by the hood.
From a technical viewpoint, did you consider correcting the verticals (you have diverging verticals).
I had a quick look and think it does improve the shot a bit when corrected (but YMMV).
Good image of our current locked down climate. Looks like you deserve the BBQ after all the work that has been done. I like the processing that given to the image.

Thanks all.

Missed the verticals, but now you mention it, sticks out like a sore thumb!

Initial - Nice fun image I like the atmosphere the smoke form the BBQ creates

More than 1 - I like the lighting on the trees it helps them standout.

The trees really stand out and nice inclusion of the manhole covers just in case

As others have said David, the trees really stand out from the back ground.
Very nice :)

Interesting colour in the trees really stands out from the background foliage.

Liking the angle, allowing the colour to pop against the green of the trees in the background.
I suspect you are up quite high, to be on a level with the crown of the tree, rather than the trunk.

Week 18. Music.

Ticket stubs from some of the many concerts I have attended over the years. With the norm nowadays increasingly being electronic tickets on an app or using your purchasing card as your ticket, the pocket creased beer soaked ticket stub will soon be extinct. That said alongside the footy, concerts are one of the things I miss the most. With the politicians and the newsreaders always banging on about "The New Normality" I am fearful that it will be a long long time before anybody can attend either again!

IMG_8904 by 4444 Photography, on Flickr

A nice selection there Bob!

Initial - Nice fun image I like the atmosphere the smoke form the BBQ creates

More than 1 - I like the lighting on the trees it helps them standout.
The trees really stand out and nice inclusion of the manhole covers just in case
As others have said David, the trees really stand out from the back ground.
Very nice :)
Good looking trees.
Interesting colour in the trees really stands out from the background foliage.

Liking the angle, allowing the colour to pop against the green of the trees in the background.
I suspect you are up quite high, to be on a level with the crown of the tree, rather than the trunk.

No, ground level, they are just small trees. Just over 6 feet tall or so.

Beautiful trees and the light makes them stand out well.

Thank you all so much.

Very nice selection! I hope the new normal is better than we're expecting, but unfortunately suspect you might be correct.

Your tree photo is rather lovely as well with excellent colours!

I keep seeing the Foo Fighters stub as a condom packet. Dunno why, must be the lock down ;)
(Or maybe 'cos it looks square).
I don't think I have any of my old stubs (maybe a couple from last year...)
Gutted that MCR have been put back by 12 months - but at least it's still planned.

I keep seeing the Foo Fighters stub as a condom packet.
:LOL: I'll not comment further on them :D

Nice idea David, well thought out.

Nice idea with the ticket stubs I have two large clip frames in the house with them in, as you say they are becoming a thing of the past everything is digital these days

Nice shot of your stub collection and a good, interesting take on the theme. One or two in there i've seen live myself. Unfortunately I downsized a while ago and disposed of my collection.

Nice shot of your stub collection and a good, interesting take on the theme. One or two in there i've seen live myself. Unfortunately I downsized a while ago and disposed of my collection.

I've already lost a load in house moves and carelessness etc. Including big guns like The Rolling Stones, McCartney and Oasis. :( There is also a habit at the bigger venues if you are standing to take your ticket stub and swap it for a wristband. When I had them out for the photo my missus asked "How Long are those stupid things going to clutter up the table":confused:.........Philistine!!

Excellent, love the added knob :ROFLMAO: I take it the Covid bit of that is a recent addition

Love your barbed wire shot.
And the graffiti plus knob! At first I thought you were referring to a one of the "artists".

Back