weekly Vanishedbob's 52 Thread 2020

Good lateral thinking David

Looks good to me, well done and excellent thinking of something different.

Nice shot, good lines and 2 fences

“Transport” very nicely done great PP and the card is placed perfectly in the frame, as others have mentioned an interesting idea
“Fence” also nicely processed and well composed

Last edited:
The sort of shot @minx was looking to do, but couldn't find a strong enough pair of fences.
Nicely done. Love the evening light with the clear shadows it's casting and the flare/god rays on the right.

Presumably the canal is on the embankment?

Double fence, and an excellent job on the leading lines. Very nice shot.

Thank you. More fenced out than fenced in.

Nice shot, good lines and 2 fences

Thank you very much

Nice lines, looks like a chilly morning.

Was early evening. I toned the colours down a bit because the glare was a bit intrusive.

Fence is a lovely image and looks a nice place for a walk.

Yes, that stretch of canal is very photogenic

“Transport” very nicely done great PP and the card is placed perfectly in the frame, as others have mentioned an interesting idea
“Fence” also nicely processed and well composed

Thank you Alan.

The sort of shot @minx was looking to do, but couldn't find a strong enough pair of fences.
Nicely done. Love the evening light with the clear shadows it's casting and the flare/god rays on the right. Presumably the canal is on the embankment?

The canal was actually behind me. The path leads up toward where the Calverley Arms is if you are familiar with the area.

Makes a lovely leading line. Well composed.

Many thanks.

Transport - very clever take on the theme.

Fence - Love this nice leading lines, great shadows.

Nice leading lines, it looks like a pleasant evening up there David (y)

That's two very nice fences! Strong leading lines and great evening light!

Week 13. Flora.

Keeping in line with Boris' request to stay the **** indoors, I just went and snapped a tree in my back yard so I could get something on subject. God knows what tree it is, it's actually my neighbour's overhanging my fence and he won't know.

Flora by 4444 Photography, on Flickr

I tend to agree with the comments around brightening the image, but only for the subject itself, keeping the rest darker as per your edit.
As you have "Edit My Images - Yes" set I took the liberty of having a quick play.
Step 1. Add Levels adjustment layer
Step 2. Push the whites up (and shift the mid tones back to the right a bit)
Step 3. Add Mask. Invert Mask. Using a large soft brush, paint the levels adjustment back in on the flower.

Vanished Bob.jpg

it was really just a very quick edit, but you can see what could be done.

God knows what tree it is, it's actually my neighbour's overhanging my fence and he won't know.
It's not easy to tell in B&W but it does look like a flowering cherry. ( no fruit)
Does it drop millions of washed out pink flowers everywhere?
There are truly a PITA if that is what it is.

I have to agree though its tad on the dark side even for me ;)

I rather like the darkness in the image.. it adds a softness to the overall feel.

I would crop into the branch at the bottom to make the composition stronger and lighten a little to make a really strong shot.

I really like the composition and the white in the upper left corner of the background! Good photo that has been turned into a great photo by Tim.

Could do with a wash. Fits the theme, transport for a boat launcher I suspect.
I tend to agree with the comments around brightening the image, but only for the subject itself, keeping the rest darker as per your edit.
As you have "Edit My Images - Yes" set I took the liberty of having a quick play.
Step 1. Add Levels adjustment layer
Step 2. Push the whites up (and shift the mid tones back to the right a bit)
Step 3. Add Mask. Invert Mask. Using a large soft brush, paint the levels adjustment back in on the flower.

View attachment 273587

it was really just a very quick edit, but you can see what could be done.
It's not easy to tell in B&W but it does look like a flowering cherry. ( no fruit)
Does it drop millions of washed out pink flowers everywhere?
There are truly a PITA if that is what it is.

I have to agree though its tad on the dark side even for me ;)
I rather like the darkness in the image.. it adds a softness to the overall feel.
I like it, works well in black and white.
I would crop into the branch at the bottom to make the composition stronger and lighten a little to make a really strong shot.
I really like the composition and the white in the upper left corner of the background! Good photo that has been turned into a great photo by Tim.
Like it - the edit really makes it pop, but it's a great shot to start with!

Thank you all, Great comments and good advice gratefully received.

On another note, I'm still working at the moment and because half of my colleagues are on Furlough, I'm quite busy, so my life at moment is work , family sleep so please accept my apologies for my lack of comment and appreciation for the amazing Flora photos. I promise to up my game this week now I'm in the swing of things,

Week 14 Time.

My watch on a TARDIS notepad. That's all. Thought the TARDIS background would add a another dimension to the time theme and save me from a run of the mill watch photo.

On Time by 4444 Photography, on Flickr

Nicely composed and set up I like the BG as you say it adds another dimension the the Time theme....

Cracking detail David, and "well played" with the tardis background.

Back