View from Castlerigg

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
I quite like that Tom, quite a natural looking photo but not too bland as 'natural' can sometimes look.

Did you do much PP on it? I would perhaps see if dehaze or similar in another program could help a bit to draw the eye to the hills beyond more which seem to be (for me at least) the subject/thing that draws attention. I may look to tweak the tone curve slightly to lift the blacks a tiny touch but I am looking at this on my iPad so may look different on a proper screen/print.

I quite like that Tom, quite a natural looking photo but not too bland as 'natural' can sometimes look.

Did you do much PP on it? I would perhaps see if dehaze or similar in another program could help a bit to draw the eye to the hills beyond more which seem to be (for me at least) the subject/thing that draws attention. I may look to tweak the tone curve slightly to lift the blacks a tiny touch but I am looking at this on my iPad so may look different on a proper screen/print.

Thanks! Natural was my aim :)

Not an awful lot, it was a RAW file so I just made it look as natural as possible. Have had a play with the dehaze in LR, however the haze at the back of the image is caused by sun-rays and I quite liked it in the end. I will have another look in LR.

Cheers for the feedback.

I like that too, I think to alter the haze would change the natural feel of the shot. Currently its where you would expect to see it, and i like that. Its an image of two halves the foreground with a really nice clarity laying against the slightly muted tones of the background.

I like that too, I think to alter the haze would change the natural feel of the shot. Currently its where you would expect to see it, and i like that. Its an image of two halves the foreground with a really nice clarity laying against the slightly muted tones of the background.

Thanks, I do agree. I have had another go with it in LR and honestly think I have found the best balance here when it comes to haze etc!

Took a similar shot when I was up in November. It's not always easy to get a great shot up there especially when it's busy. Tend to get up there early if I'm on a mission to get something decent with the stones in view.

Castlerigg Stone Circle by Tony Keogh, on Flickr

Great shot Tom, I love the way it just flows through to the mountains in the background!

Back