Daily Vince31 - 366 Challenge (the End is Near)

Name
Vince
Edit My Images
Yes
Well I decided to take the plunge and take the challenge of a shot a day !

I hope to learn on my journey from some constructive critique (y)

Well here goes.... Day One .... Birmingham's New Control Tower...

DSC_1470 by Hartstone, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nice - its a shame you couldnt set it on fire for the shot :naughty: :LOL:

Welcome to the club of very special people Vince, anyone that takes on a challenge like ours is either mad, insane or in need of therpy, personally I think I fall into all three, but best of luck and I'll try and be in as often as I can to offer my support (y)

The best advise I can give is don't let processing back up when you get in make the time to edit and post your shot on the same day if you can (y) as it's all too easy to be a week behind in your edited faster than you'd believe :eek:

Matt

Thanks for the supporting comments folks, my camera goes everywhere with (even work) so hopefully I will get a varied selection of subjects for you folks to enjoy.

Today's shot was taken from outside work !!

I agree with matt - also it might have been better had you shot from a little bit further to the left so the background was all one type

Hi Vince,

Just spotted your new thread after your comment on mine so here goes with some thoughts, but I am no expert ......

I think the tower would have been better with more blue in the sky. It would stand out better and then you wouldn't have lost the detail in the railings at the top.

I like the shovels shot but agree with big soft moose about the background.

The robin is wonderful and the best in your set of birds on flickr.

Look forward to seeing more.

Cheers

Bob

Hi Vince,

Just spotted your new thread after your comment on mine so here goes with some thoughts, but I am no expert ......

I think the tower would have been better with more blue in the sky. It would stand out better and then you wouldn't have lost the detail in the railings at the top.

I like the shovels shot but agree with big soft moose about the background.

The robin is wonderful and the best in your set of birds on flickr.

Look forward to seeing more.

Cheers

Bob

Thankyou for the comments Bob(y)

Cheers Matt I'm really happy it(y) Didn't shoot in Raw, infact I don't really use Raw yet. What are the advantages of shooting Raw?

It basically gives you a digital negative; when you shoot in jpeg, the camera processes the shot for you - decides on white balance, exposure, clarity, contrast, brightness and a whole host of other things - and then deletes all the image information it doesn't want.

The RAW file contains the raw image data, allowing you to process the information as you see fit.

As a basic example, if you take a massively underexposed photo, there's nothing you can do with the jpg - but with the raw file, some of the information in the shadows is still there and can be recovered.

Have a look at this article.

i always shoot in raw even for basic shots. its hassle converting afterwards, but the rewards out weight that. So much control over influential areas of an image. try it (y)

...and good luck on the 365... you only have 361 shots left to take.. :naughty:

Last edited:
Yeah it is pretty in pink. You could get so much more out of this in raw. You can really pull out the pinks and get the exposure looking light you shot this in summer and not british summer if you get what I mean haha.

Collectively we will all have you converted soon!

Wonderful work recently Vince, sorry I've not been in as much as I would have liked (y) that shroom is great though I wonder about cleaning it off :thinking:

The RAW answer has been answered really well :clap: I used to only shoot JPEG but am a full blown RAW convert now (y)

Matt

Wonderful work recently Vince, sorry I've not been in as much as I would have liked (y) that shroom is great though I wonder about cleaning it off :thinking:

The RAW answer has been answered really well :clap: I used to only shoot JPEG but am a full blown RAW convert now (y)

Matt

Many thanks for the comments Matt, i'm really enjoying the task and learning a lot.

Need to get me a new laptop with more memory :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Back