Vulcan this weekend, lens with TC?

Agree with Ian.

I like both yours and Rich's images showing some background scenery.

I wanted a similar pic to show some scale & the mixed landscape, but she was too high coming in.

Best I got;

Incoming by Carl B, on Flickr

Well, I was MIFFED as she usually flyies straight over our village as the pilot salutes his home village 1ml away..... Got me batteries charged, camera at the ready, Mrs had her camera ready. Only knew the take off time. There we were and she flew just west on the way out and just east on the return. We failed LOL

Well, I was MIFFED as she usually flyies straight over our village as the pilot salutes his home village 1ml away..... Got me batteries charged, camera at the ready, Mrs had her camera ready. Only knew the take off time. There we were and she flew just west on the way out and just east on the return. We failed LOL

Heard it missed the Severn bridges yesterday too, few unhappy campers down there. Even picking a spot on the route given still relied on luck. Makes me more thankful how lucky I got on Saturday.

I think quite a bit of the flights did not go to plan.
I was at woodford, on the runway hoping for a flight down the airfield... turned out she came from the suns direction and had to do a quick change of settings :facepalm::snaphappy:

Do ya' know I was brought up with the Vulcan from the age of about 1..... We have Waddingtom & Scampton on our doorstep. House used to rattle every 20 mins..... Since this thing has been back in the air it's proven to me to be so elusive

Do ya' know I was brought up with the Vulcan from the age of about 1..... We have Waddingtom & Scampton on our doorstep. House used to rattle every 20 mins..... Since this thing has been back in the air it's proven to me to be so elusive

My Granddad used to work at Avro in Chadderton & I remember a flyover as a kid in the early - mid 60's :wideyed: I was smitten! Posters, airfix kits & Humbrol paint :cool:

XH558

She's up and out again this morning.

Approx 11:00 am from Finningley with low level slow speed circuits over Sywell Aerodrome. (Northants).

Yeah have just found that on Google maps - guess where I'm going:)

How did you get on ? I've just looked on Google Earth and it wold have been better had we gone left before Dowty, a left turn into cul-de-sac at the end of which was Greenfields. It would have flown directly over it. It was higher than last time when it did a fly by thanking Dowty workers for their contribution. It also came out of the east so the sun was on it and I had my back to it so much better shoots than this time.e went t the airport..mayhem. Everyone,their auntie and their dog there.. I thought there must be a better place than this.

It spent nearly a couple of hours circling Sywell today. Must have been fantastic (and noisy) experience for anyone in that part of Northants today (Tuesday) .

Headed straight back to Finningley with a couple of loops just before putting down at around 13:45 just before it started raining.

It spent nearly a couple of hours circling Sywell today. Must have been fantastic (and noisy) experience for anyone in that part of Northants today (Tuesday) .

Headed straight back to Finningley with a couple of loops just before putting down at around 13:45 just before it started raining.

I was there completely by chance Ian. We were give a fantastic free air display from the old girl. I thought I had seen her for the last time on Sunday at Bruntingthorpe. Photos to follow :).

How did you get on ? I've just looked on Google Earth and it wold have been better had we gone left before Dowty, a left turn into cul-de-sac at the end of which was Greenfields. It would have flown directly over it. It was higher than last time when it did a fly by thanking Dowty workers for their contribution. It also came out of the east so the sun was on it and I had my back to it so much better shoots than this time.e went t the airport..mayhem. Everyone,their auntie and their dog there.. I thought there must be a better place than this.
Yep - worked out great - went under the A40 and turned left and stood just by the gate to the field - flew from left to right - didn't get many pics as I wanted to see it properly rather than through the lens:)

Yep - worked out great - went under the A40 and turned left and stood just by the gate to the field - flew from left to right - didn't get many pics as I wanted to see it properly rather than through the lens:)

Yes, agree re. watching it..ie. not through the lens. I thought that after taking several shots as it approached so I stopped photographing.

Some really good shots on here.

ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1448886090.147182.jpg

I got her this year at Bournemouth air show over HMS Dorchester I think it was!

Back