weekly Walter's TP 52's 2018 Weekly Beautiful

Thank you Chris, very much a tourist attraction now, I was born not to far from the jail, about 50yrs ago every week or so I use to deliver a letter for a neighbour for her husband, I use to bang these gates and they would actually let me in to the big hall and wait on a receipt. Think I got a penny!! from her for going.

Walter

re shoot of juxta i feel is a bit over done on the processing, but i do like the idea of what you were trying to get so a good effort,
Wet - its a well taken image of a cauliflower and nice and sharp, just not so much on the wet side. maybe come back to this image on the next re shoot.

Unattractive... Glass bottle in Bird Park water nature park.

TP 52's - Copy (Large).jpg

Took this photo today feeding Ducks with grandchildren. Don't think these kind of things get there by themselves,

I think that the bottle is a little too close to the bottom corner for it to be a significant part of the composition, it's a good idea though and we can't always get the composition that we would like

I didn't spot the bottle till it was mentioned. So yes on theme.

I think that the bottle is a little too close to the bottom corner for it to be a significant part of the composition, it's a good idea though and we can't always get the composition that we would like
Thank you Chris for comment.
Agree with Chris about bottle being too close, a sad and unattractive view that is all over.
Thank you Dave for comment.
I didn't spot the bottle till it was mentioned. So yes on theme.
Thank you David for comment.

Walter

Hi Walter

Gate(d) - Nicely symetrical around the gate and bollard. With the signs on the right, I wonder if there was a different angle that could have been used (not being there, it's just wondering).

Unattractive - Yup, fits the theme. It didn't jump out at me until I read the notes, so well spotted.

"Agree the bottle isn't too prominent but it definitely fits the theme ...lovely shot of the duck with the reflection."

Susie.

Thank you for comment. was talking to a lady who was taking pics, it was her who told me to try and wait to try catch reflection, but not to sure of the ducks head reflection on this one.

Walter

Last edited:
I wonder if there was a different angle that could have been used (not being there, it's just wondering).

Thank you Tim for Comment. Yes I did try a few different angles rather than just the straight shot, but found to many cars parked, as its beside the busy 24/7 Mater hospital.

Walter

Beautiful
... Well its beautiful to me, won it last night 2018 league Champion.... ( I had to get rid of shadow on bottom RS the only way I know how to, Paint ) Used two kitchen table mats for BG/FG don't know how one is a different shade in photo.

DSC_0162.jpg

Beautiful snooker trophy.

Last edited:
Thank you Susie, granddaughter last night said it was beautiful, then looked at TP,s theme for this week and that was it.

Walter

Wet - it's a great shot even if your efforts at getting it wet were in vain.
Gate - what a fabulous gate, nice and central view point too.
unattractive - It's sad what some people do to what should be a lovely environment, not the main focus of the shot but it does spoil the overall picture so bang on theme.
Beautiful - Well done you for winning, a lovely shot after some prizewinning shots

Last edited:
Wet - it's a great shot even if your efforts at getting it wet were in vain.
Gate - what a fabulous gate, nice and central view point too.
unattractive - It's sad what some people do to what should be a lovely environment, not the main focus of the shot but it does spoil the overall picture so bang on theme.
Beautiful - Well done you for winning, a lovely shot after some prizewinning shots

Minx, thank you for taking the time to comment, very much appreciated.

Walter

Beautiful

Well done. I think it's just the way/angle the light is hitting the mats, that has made them look different.

Beautiful

Well done. I think it's just the way/angle the light is hitting the mats, that has made them look different.
Thank you Dominic, yes glad it turn out lighter, tried to have a reflection on the glass table top, but just didn't seem right.

Walter

Well done, and great photo! Lots of detail in the trophy.

Beautiful - good execution, not a fan of green myself, but good photo regardless.

Unattractive - it is, actually it's kind of sad as well. Good capture.

Unattractive - makes me mad why people have to discard rubbish in the careless way that they do :punch:, but it fits the theme.
Beautiful - congrats on wining the trophy, not to keen on the green BG, maybe a nice white BG would help to make the trophy pop.

Unattractive - makes me mad why people have to discard rubbish in the careless way that they do :punch:, but it fits the theme.
Beautiful - congrats on wining the trophy, not to keen on the green BG, maybe a nice white BG would help to make the trophy pop.

Thank you Mandy for comments, much appreciated.
Walter

Back