WAMT....what annoyed me today!

2608347324.jpg

WAMT (and every day) - HMRC's hold music. It's truly awful.

p***y people, posting about p***y first world problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
The idiot who keeps spamming this forum at 3.00am - about two pages of new posts at the last count.

I go into the farmers field to collect cowpats for the garden and I see Dung beetles under the pats, your'd be surprised how heavy a cowpat it. First of all you go round the field flicking all the pats over to dry and then well I use gloves and then pick them up and chuck them in a wheelbarrow.:D
Would not gnomes or some nice solar lghts be a better choice for decoration?

The man who pulled out into the left lane of a 60mph road behind another car who then decides he wanted to overtake it, as I and my son approached at 60, Thank God for ABS and the sliproad on my offside I made good use of as I thought I would not stop........

He was an elderly man, completely oblivious to what he had almost caused....

People not clearing snow off their cars before driving them.

What snow?

Ya Essex Jessie. :D
We had rather a lot south of the river.:eek:
Enough that d******ds should have cleared their cars! :mad:

Last edited:
Ya Essex Jessie. :D
We had rather a lot south of the river.:eek:
Enough that d******ds should have cleared their cars! :mad:
Nothing here in the civilised world worth worrying about. (y)

Enough down here to necessitate clearing the car before heading out at 11 this morning. All gone now though.

Cheesed off to say the least. I had some stuff to print off from a course I did 3yrs ago at work. Basically write up brief reports on repairing electrics as and when I did it as a log book. I've been putting it off for a while, but finally decided to print it off today ready to hand in tomorrow, it's not on my laptop nor is it on my external hard drive where I had a back up copy stored.

Would not gnomes or some nice solar lghts be a better choice for decoration?
I think there is a rat in my compost bin, can I catch it, No. I'm going to invest in a trailcam to see what is in my garden, who is living in pockets in the pampass grass, why does the dog and cat make a beeline for the same place every night, if only animals could talk.

I think there is a rat in my compost bin, can I catch it, No. I'm going to invest in a trailcam to see what is in my garden, who is living in pockets in the pampass grass, why does the dog and cat make a beeline for the same place every night, if only animals could talk.

They can, it's just that we don't always understand what they're saying...:)

Have fun with the trail camera, Shirley. Looking at the videos in the morning becomes compulsive. Have you seen a rat or is it just your dog and cat are showing an interest? We have a coppiced hazel which I guess is a similar dense area of vegetation like a clump of pampas grass and we have wood mice living there.

Dave

PS We found the strap that comes with many trail cameras is worse than useless in attaching the camera. It will attach the camera to a post/tree but rarely could it be attached and pointing in the right direction. Eventually we bought a very cheap tripod from 7dayshop which is much more versatile.

People who rush to get on the elevator before you, and then stand together, refusing to let you walk up the left hand side, or the lone person who deliberately blocks people from passing. Why are people selfish? Why do they try to stop other people doing what they cannot be bothered to do?

Please do not try to catch a rat Shirley. Why not put out a rat trap (larger than a mouse trap) which has to be tethered to the ground - however that may not be a good idea if you have pets.

People who rush to get on the elevator before you, and then stand together, refusing to let you walk up the left hand side, or the lone person who deliberately blocks people from passing. Why are people selfish? Why do they try to stop other people doing what they cannot be bothered to do?
This reminds me of my nephews young son, age 16, never tied his shoe laces properly until the day one of the laces got stuck as he stepped on to an elevator. The emergency button was pressed, red faces all round, he fastens them now. He did the same thing almost in a lift with the cord on his huddie got caught in the door and nearly strangled himself.

WAMT why people cannot use proper words instead of stupid silly unnessary words that need xxxxxxx. Words like that are plain stupid. I expect its to wind up the mods but it spoils a post.:bat:

This annoys me but also baffles me a bit.

Insurance companies sending renewal notices with hugely inflated renewal premiums.

Just got the renewal in for our dog insurance. It has increased by 51% compared to last year. The only difference with the dog is he is a year older (now 6), apart from annual innoculation he has not been to the vet in the last year.

I went online and found, as close to the same cover from quite a few other insurers for close to the the price I paid last year.

I even went to the the current insurer's site and got a quote, as a new customer, for exactly the same cover for about £15 more than the current premium, rather than huge increase in the renewal quote.

It annoys me because I'm clearly not valued as a customer and I have to spend time finding new insurance; and it baffled me because by doing this the company has lost custom. If they had upped their price by the few quid (as in the quote I got as a new customer) I probably would not have bothered looking elsewhere.

I suppose some people don't bother to look around though given the quoted increase in premium was 50%+, I'd be surprised.

Dave

I suppose some people don't bother to look around
That's what they bet on isn't it?
And when you tell them ( House / car etc ins) they say hang on, bang the keyboard for a couple of minutes and "decide" to match the cheaper quote.
Normally I tell them "too late" you should have given me your best price instead of making go the the comparison sites ;)

I got the 6 numbers for yesterdays 12 million ££ lottery draw. :woot:

WAMT? they were spread over five lines :(

I keep getting calls from the same number on my home phone, call blocker stops them so I only realise when I check the phone, did an online search and seems it's
the microsoft scammers, blocked the number :)
Guess what, they started using another number so blocked that too so far so good, just glad I have the call blocker, don't even know they have
called till I check the phone at some time, only people I want to get straight through (y)

"Static" caravans/"mobile" homes on the road. Got stuck behind one while out for a jaunt on the bike this afternoon and didn't realise what it was until I caught up with it after I took a detour to bypass the queue. Must have been at least a mile of traffic stuck behind it - I managed to filter past a lot but still didn't get to the front of the queue behind it.

Sorry, Suz - it's been glorious down here for the last couple of days! Chuffing chilly but barely a cloud in the sky.

Car doors freezing up and having to climb in though the back door and clamber in over the seats :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Car doors freezing up and having to climb in though the back door and clamber in over the seats :banghead::banghead::banghead:
Made me chuckle anyway :D

Made me chuckle anyway :D

Thank you for your sympathy, much appreciated :p

I'm just pleased l can still scramble about in the back of a car ;)

Mac crashing yet again but while I'm actually using it. Fans go mental and it freezes. Unbelievable.

Back