WAMT....what annoyed me today!

Wazzocks in their cars with fog lights on, front and back, when visibility is about as clear as it gets.

It's what a Springbok does, leaping stiff legged and high into the air...

That's true, actually. The word comes from Afrikaans and means showing off, so pretty apposite :D

Reactions: Nod
No idea what a pronk is but sounds about right. :LOL:
It's when a springbok leaps in the air with straight legs and an arched back.
Derives from the Afrikaans word meaning to flaunt or show off.

So very apt.

It's what a Springbok does, leaping stiff legged and high into the air...

That's true, actually. The word comes from Afrikaans and means showing off, so pretty apposite :D
It's when a springbok leaps in the air with straight legs and an arched back.
Derives from the Afrikaans word meaning to flaunt or show off.

So very apt.

Where I grew up, it just meant a bit of a d******d, but I must admit I like the correct definition more. :)

LG webOS. Some update has bogged up Netflix. Autostarts a programme which you cannot stop then the stupid tv keeps playing and refuses to stop it. Carries on with the picture off and sound on then whenever you go back into Netflix it autoplays same thing again which you’ve already told it you do not want to watch. Nearly had to pull the power lead.

Prescriptions

Hand a prescription into Boots and the lady said that it would be done in 10 minutes.

OK I said, I am off to do a bit of shopping so will come back later.

So go back 2 hours latter and ask the same lady for my prescription, she picks it up from some pile and says I will just get this done for you.

WTF!

If you say 10 minutes then I expect it to be ready 2 hours latter!

I've had this before too. I suspect they leave it till when it's quieter or they have time, rather than doing it there and then. On one occasion, I came back a few days later and it still hadn't been done. I changed pharmacies.

Prescriptions

Hand a prescription into Boots and the lady said that it would be done in 10 minutes.

So go back 2 hours latter and ask the same lady for my prescription, she picks it up from some pile and says I will just get this done for you.

WTF!

Unless it took her more than the original 10 minutes she said it didn't exactly cost you anymore time though did it as you were doing your shopping anyway.(y)

Emirates and their policy to now charge for seat selection. Did online check in for outbound journey - swmbo and I were in seats separated by an aisle. Frantic rush to change so we're at least sitting together.
Had a look for the return journey and limited bookable seats. Paid £60 so I could sit with the missus on the return journey.

Has Ryan air taken over Emirates? :D
It's looking that way. Emirates were one of the cheaper options. I could have saved more but it would have involved layovers of 12+ hours and extended the journey times to silly lengths.

The amount of idiots driving without lights this morning, always in dark or grey cars that don't see easily in the gloom :banghead:

Prescriptions

WTF!

Bloody hell! I read your post earlier which reminded me I had to collect my prescription meds’ from Tesco. Went to Tesco, meds not ready, come back in 10mins, do a bit of shopping and go home without them. Grrrrr just had to pay another visit.

It's looking that way. Emirates were one of the cheaper options. I could have saved more but it would have involved layovers of 12+ hours and extended the journey times to silly lengths.
Yeah, they are falling down in the customer service area. Years ago, they were my go-to option for middle East / Australia etc.
Like so many, a cheap headline price requires too many add-ons.

BA seems to be the best option nowadays, especially when you build up some loyalty points. Flying in premium economy often leads to a business class upgrade [emoji3]

Bloody hell! I read your post earlier which reminded me I had to collect my prescription meds’ from Tesco. Went to Tesco, meds not ready, come back in 10mins, do a bit of shopping and go home without them. Grrrrr just had to pay another visit.

I have been known to do the same on the odd occasion

swmbo and I were in seats separated by an aisle. Frantic rush to change so we're at least sitting together.
Had a look for the return journey and limited bookable seats. Paid £60 so I could sit with the missus on the return journey.

Worth £60 to be separate. :D

I actually prefer an aisle seat & last year got the seat plan up & we both booked & paid for aisle seats which were the same row directly opposite each other. :cool:
Got on the plane .............. & they were staggered by about 2 rows. o_O (not sure if it was a different aircraft or they squeezed an extra row in somewhere)

My wife and I don't sit together on planes as a rule. She prefers a window seat and I like the aisle, so that pretty much rules it out unless it's a smaller aircraft. Really not an issue.

Emirates is okay. We used to use them to fly between SA and the UK, because they were much cheaper, but not any more. Prices have gone up, the journey is a lot longer, and I loathe Dubai airport!

Jet engine noise

Ruined what was an otherwise nice morning listening to bird song
Bird song? In October? Were you listening to a recording? Although it might have been a robin, They sing all year round.

Redundant TV with a digi box!

Granted we switched to flat screen a good while ago but I offered a perfectly usable Toshiba 14inch colour TV with its accessory Digi box to the 3 charity shops/places and all said "no one wants those now........they can only take & shift (read that as sell? ) Flat screen TV's.*

I thought perhaps they could have offered it for free or cheap £5 to someone who wants a telly.

But now the only place it can go is the council transfer station or dump.

Such is life for completely unwanted 'brown goods', c'est la vie :(

They were getting hard to shift 8 years ago (picked up a mint 28" CRT stereo digi-ready TV for £25 back then)
I suppose you could try offering for free on somewhere like Craigslist or Gumtree?

They were getting hard to shift 8 years ago (picked up a mint 28" CRT stereo digi-ready TV for £25 back then)
I suppose you could try offering for free on somewhere like Craigslist or Gumtree?

Ah! I knew I was out of touch on this kit but for a one off not too sure whether I want to get into Gumtree or similar???

PS I have plugged it all in and watching it now, confirming it runs AOK, with the tiny attached aerial plugged into the d box. Granted with that sort of signal strength it could not find every Freeview channel available ;)

Well, if there's no other option but the council WEEE skip, let the staff know it's fully working when you take it in.
Sometimes, they know where they can be used, so that it won't end up on a landfill in Mogadishu.

Well, if there's no other option but the council WEEE skip, let the staff know it's fully working when you take it in.
Sometimes, they know where they can be used, so that it won't end up on a landfill in Mogadishu.

For sure! I would like to think it will have a continued life other landfill.

PS one last thought......a neighbour is involved with the local scouts, just maybe a route for usage again?

Wouldn't hurt to ask.
If anything, if the scout hut ever gets broken into, they won't take the telly. :p

The asshat who complained about the bins I put out to reserve a space for the roofers. Banged on about it being illegal and how he was going to move them.
I stayed unusually calm and explained it was fine, but would he mind signing a disclaimer in case any falling debris damaged his vehicle.

He declined and sought parking elsewhere, wouldn't mind, but there is a massive car park five minutes away where its a quid for all day

Before I was out of the car coming home from work, a couple descended the drive with their little horror in a pram.
Said monster was an infant, no more than 6 months old, togged up as a pumpkin.

Said child was too young for fruit, or chocolate, so basically it was the (late teenage?) parents, trick or treating, with their progeny as a prop.

Seriously?

No one turned up here.
By the sound of it, everybody's off lighting fireworks.

Apparently we have had a gang of 20 or so teenagers, hanging around the local shops mouthing off and throwing eggs at people and cars. Hopefully they will stay there or get nicked, Don't want them coming round our way.

Had 3 sets of beggars with menaces so most of a tub of Heroes to finish! :D

WAMT is severe backache. Got a massage booked so hoping he can sort it.

WAMT? Thinking I could get over a 1 inch step in my chair and ending up with a lovely view of the ceiling!

Back