WAMT....what annoyed me today!

and ending up with a lovely view of the ceiling!
Always a good time to check out the decorating needs (y)
(thats the vinyl silk type not the hanging type!)

:D

Always a good time to check out the decorating needs (y)
(thats the vinyl silk type not the hanging type!)

:D

The shop had just been refitted. When one of the assistants ran over and said "are you ok?", I should have said "you missed a bit!" :D

I should have said "you missed a bit!" :D
:LOL:
Its funny how these ideas come a little while after the event :(

Still, maybe next time :D

Pulling the car brakes apart to find a badly scored disc with pads on their rivets :(

The car was MOT'd two weeks ago !

Did that a few years back. Found them at bedtime when they emerged from under the pillow and stabbed me in the back!
Pants/sock drawer?

A week after fitting a new clutch it looks like my car will be written off following a minor bump this morning. door and rear quarter are damaged. Gutted.

Did that a few years back. Found them at bedtime when they emerged from under the pillow and stabbed me in the back!
Pants/sock drawer?
I did wonder that - whether I'd tried to be "clever" and hide it in an unusual place. But I'd locked the bedroom door.
I thought I'd left the keys in my jacket pocket and then hung the jacket on the back of the door.

Whilst I ended up driving the wife's car this morning, I managed to pop home at lunch time and grab my spare key. I'm sure it's in the house somewhere. Just no idea where!

What a pain :-( Its hard work finding decent second hand cars as well. There’s so much crap out there.

Yep. I've been looking for ages for a Yaris T Sport to use as a daily so I can keep the FTO out of the commute and off the winter roads altogether as on the lanes I drive I could see a high likelihood of the nearside getting very well acquainted with the walls of the narrow lanes I have to use. Every single one that came within budget/range has turned out to be a complete dogs dinner. I'd resigned to running the FTO all winter and saving up for an Integra DC5 instead, now it looks like I'll have to rethink everything!

@Alan Clogwyn

I usually check MOT history first. If it’s not good I don’t even bother looking further. Looks like fate has decided you might be having that Dc5 now ;)

Actually every work day....
Why do Brazilian and Argentine companies, whose time difference isn't at all vast, wait until 4.30 UK time to start firing off "must happen" emails. :mad:

@Alan Clogwyn

I usually check MOT history first. If it’s not good I don’t even bother looking further. Looks like fate has decided you might be having that Dc5 now ;)

That's what I've been doing. It's amazing how much you can learn from that simple check, and amazing how bad Toyota has become - every Yaris has had to have roll bar bushes and brake discs even when only ayear or two old and an alarming amount are failing for rust! Will need to see what insurance say about the FTO first, I'm expecting it to be written off but depending how much I'm offered a DC5 might be in reach. I'd be even closer to DC5 money if I hadn't put a new clutch on the FTO last week, or bought any of the bits that are still in the postal system for it!

Not just today but most days for several weeks now. Automated phone calls from a lady telling me I can get a new boiler (I don't have a boiler) if I'm on benefits (I'm not on benefits) and if I live where there's no mains gas (got that bit right!). Nearly every day, sometimes several times a day, a recorded message so I can't be extremely rude (me.......rude......?) and a withheld number so it can't be blocked. I know you can block withheld numbers but it blocks all of them and I get perfectly legit calls with the number withheld. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :(

Not just today but most days for several weeks now. Automated phone calls
I assume you have registered with TPS ?
It doesn't stop over seas calls but it should stop UK based calls. If not, get the company name and report them.

I assume you have registered with TPS ?
It doesn't stop over seas calls but it should stop UK based calls. If not, get the company name and report them.

Registered with TPS, no company name given, withheld number - they know how to sneak round everything. It's a 'press x for more information, press y to stop these calls' one. It's a scam, so no way am I pressing any key except 'bye -ee'. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Not just today but most days for several weeks now. Automated phone calls from a lady telling me I can get a new boiler (I don't have a boiler) if I'm on benefits (I'm not on benefits) and if I live where there's no mains gas (got that bit right!). Nearly every day, sometimes several times a day, a recorded message so I can't be extremely rude (me.......rude......?) and a withheld number so it can't be blocked. I know you can block withheld numbers but it blocks all of them and I get perfectly legit calls with the number withheld. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :(

We receive the same one, I've reported it to the ICO a few times when I could be bothered. TPS does nothing for it. Anonymous call reject does.

Automated phone calls from a lady telling me I can get a new boiler (I don't have a boiler) if I'm on benefits (I'm not on benefits)

I've had the same, but the answer machine deals with them.

Dave

Just get one of these; (single much cheaper) https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/phone...tBid=t&tduid=39861fc04a03a3dcddaa99941140d484

Thread from a while ago; https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/t...rom-supposedly-talk-talk.623762/#post-7388863

Last edited:
We receive the same one, I've reported it to the ICO a few times when I could be bothered. TPS does nothing for it. Anonymous call reject does.
I've had the same, but the answer machine deals with them.

Dave

All of which I've considered but they won't work for me so I guess I'm putting up with the nuisance ones

I'm putting up with the nuisance ones
I solved it years ago, by un plugging my land line, slowly but surely I switched to mobile only. Only giving out that number to people I knew.
I don't answer un recognised numbers, if its important they'll leave a message.
IF I need to leave a contact number, for "whatever" and suspect that will follow with spam calls, as long as its not important, I give out the LL number. :D
IF they insist or I think I may need to hear back from them, I tell them I don't have one and give out an email address I keep for that purpose.
I'm sure it doesn't work for everyone, but it works for me.

If the 4G data signal is constant and good, have you considered VOIP telephony?

I've got one of those call blocking phone, only people I programme in get through, others have to announce themselves,
I then have the option of taking the call or ignoring it, those that don't just get sent to oblivion without me even knowing
till I check the handset :)
I need a landline for people that don't have mobile phones, costs them a fortune to ring me, although I do say let the mobile ring
and then end call and I will phone back

Having to buy a new battery for my car .... has been a bit sluggish and didn't like the cold last night! :rolleyes:

Idiots who don't seem to know what indicators and reversing lights mean:banghead:
Twice this morning I almost hi t cars trying to drive behind me as I was about to reverse into parking spaces :banghead:

Idiots who don't seem to know what indicators and reversing lights mean:banghead:
Twice this morning I almost hi t cars trying to drive behind me as I was about to reverse into parking spaces :banghead:
You probably confused them by reverse parking - not a common skill around here.

Back