WAMT....what annoyed me today!

Weather. The last time my camera saw the outside of this house was a whole month ago, and you know what - it rained then too!!

Yes. I seem to remember autumn being chilly, but fairly dry and with a fair amount of sunshine. It's been very cold, windy and constantly soggy! Find myself looking at the rising temperatures in Southern Africa more and more...

So...... what are peoples views on children making a racket in public ..... !

A good thing in a playground. Very healthy and leads to a new generation of fit and well balanced people.

In a restaurant, children should sit quietly and converse. Part of being well balanced.

View attachment 112420

24 hours with nothing funny added to the funnies thread :(
Sorry about that, I've been away for the weekend, on the works "Xmas do"
Normal service will be resumed asap (y)

WAMT?
No a lot so far twas a good week end, lots clay's died, lots of alchhol was consumed after as was rather an excellent menu, (y)

foot note, one slight annoyance, the yung'uns of the group had "bottled it" by midnight, when there was still 4 hours of chat and :beer: left to go :(

Youth of today - no stamina :D
That's exactly what I said when they stumbled to the breakfast table at 9am, bleary eyed and looking like "nothing on earth"
" never again" was said in hushed tones too :D

A good thing in a playground. Very healthy and leads to a new generation of fit and well balanced people.

In a restaurant, children should sit quietly and converse. Part of being well balanced.

I agree entirely !

I regularly commute to work via bus and 1 instance these 2 young kids came on with their mother. She didn't seem to mind them running up the stairs (Double Decker bus) or generally causing a nuisance. I was sat on the bottom, at the back and I was getting fairly annoyed but then I remembered I had earphones so I just put them in and closed my eyes opting to open them to check where I was. Thing is then the kids starting messing around where I was and 1 of the rascals kept jumping around passengers, trying to look out of windows people were sat next to and I honestly felt like getting my bag and just throwing it at them. Only thing that aggravated me more was the mom not really caring and she was just on the phone. I could understand and sympathise if the kids weren't listening but ..... yeah. 1 of the worst journeys I've had.

If you hit him with that, he'll tell Marcel, and you'll have tinsel on your userpic 'til next Easter. :p

If you hit him with that, he'll tell Marcel, and you'll have tinsel on your userpic 'til next Easter. :p

Best make sure I do a proper job then
hammer-smash.gif

In October, and you actually daring to mention it WTF:bat:
But the Boss is off to New Zealand for 6 months and he wasn't coming back for the Xmas do, As he foots the bill, he can call it what he likes (y)

But the Boss is off to New Zealand for 6 months and he wasn't coming back for the Xmas do, As he foots the bill, he can call it what he likes (y)

As long as he hasn't left YOU in charge :eek:
Still no excuse to mention that word though
hammer-smash.gif

WAMT? Some fozy dukka talking about commercialmas - in October!

Christmas :D

I know someone who had his Christmas party a fortnight ago.

I trust you took him out back for a good kicking. :ROFLMAO:

A Christmas party around September/ October. The individual needs a lot more than a good kick !

Meh .. October, February, July....the month, for me, is equally irrelevant.

I trust you took him out back for a good kicking. :ROFLMAO:
I did ask him to save me some turkey, sadly he didn't.
They always have an early Christmas party. They are a motorsport team and have the party on the last weekend of their season as it will be the last time they are all together.

Every time I buy something it seems they want to send me an electronic receipt, seems refusing to give them my email is
frowned upon, but when I have in the past I get bombarded with emails, so no they can't have it

When I had an .fsnet.co.uk e-mail address, I used to give spam@???.fsnet.co.uk as my address for receipts from some companies, using theirname@???etc. for "trusted" ones.

*nods*
{theirname}@???.etc was great for catching the ones that sell customers addies to spammers. :bat:

Customer service departments that reply with a stock response.

Years ago I bought a 66 litre rucksack, it was cheap but has done me well. Recently one part of the buckle for the hip belt broke so I contacted the company to see if I could buy a replacement.

I gave them as much info as I could - model and size of rucksack, bought about three or four years ago directly from their website and I sent photos, and info on the size, of the buckle, and asked if I could buy a replacement.

This morning I received the following in reply -

Dear Dave

Thank you for your email.

We are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with the quality of your purchase.

As you have purchased this item over the one year guarantee we are unable to accept this item back.

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks
Trespass Customer Services

I've replied to the above and asked if they read my email before replying to it. I also asked where in my email I said I wasn't satisfied with it and if I wanted to buy a replacement part, why would I want to send it back. I'm looking forward to the reply.

Dave

I've replied to the above and asked if they read my email before replying to it.
I think we all know the answer to that :D

Going up to a till in a shop to pay, no one in front of me, no queue behind and being told to use the self service checkout WTF !!!
Said I didn't want to and another assistant came over and said she show me how to use it !!!
I already know, use them quite often, fine when they work, a pain when they decide to play up.
Put the stuff I was going to buy on the counter and said if you don't want to serve me keep it and walked out,
wasn't important stuff anyway,

fine when they work, a pain when they decide to play up.
They hate me with a vengeance!
I find it far quicker to use a "manned" check out, even if there is a small queue

said if you don't want to serve me keep it and walked out,
I would have done the same (y)

I've never used a self scanner. They look far slower and more annoying than using a proper check out whenever I have been with anyone that does use them. They claim it's quicker and yet it seems to take twice the time.

They hate me with a vengeance!

Your reputation goes before you :p

They are ok but try buying something that is age restricted and getting the attention of an assistant to
verify it, and some really odd things come into that category,

Why is it so difficult to buy a 50mm/2" wide belt?

Nowhere seems to sell them, especially in my size of mahoooosive

Found one place online that said they make the belts up to order, £25, never heard of them before but they accept paypal so thought I would try them out until they wanted to stick another £6 on for delivery!

I am not going to pay over £30 for a belt!

Why is it so difficult to buy a 50mm/2" wide belt?
I guess you tried evil bay? I got a good one from there some years back in "longer than normal" its still going strong.
But I can't remember the price I paid, but I very much doubt it was anything like that.

I am not going to pay over £30 for a belt!
Braces?

Back