WAMT....what annoyed me today!

Airline and hotel sites do that as well; once they've identified you, they assume repeated visits are evidence of serious intent, and since you want/must use their services, they can gouge you for extra dosh. :grumpy:

Airline and hotel sites do that as well; once they've identified you, they assume repeated visits are evidence of serious intent, and since you want/must use their services, they can gouge you for extra dosh. :grumpy:
Completely aware of airlines/hotels doing it, which is why I'll browse at work and then book at home. Never entertained the thought that insurance would do it too.

will have to send an engineer to determine the fault and it will only cot me £129.99:jawdrop:(pleasant surprise it used to be £150 I think) when I explained that there was no way I was going to pay for their engineer to change a hub I was told that it might not be the hub but my internal wiring

To be fair, you only pay the engineer charge if it turns out to be your fault that there is an issue....

To be fair, you only pay the engineer charge if it turns out to be your fault that there is an issue....

This is true, easy enough to isolate the wiring within the premises at the NTE5 and check to see if the problem persists.
Your internet service provider will have to pay Openreach for the engineer visit and only fair if your own wiring is faulty that they are reimbursed

Last edited:
This is true, easy enough to isolate the wiring within the premises at the NTE5 and check to see if the problem persists.
Your internet service provider will have to pay Openreach for the engineer visit and only fair if your own wiring is faulty that they are reimbursed

And for the sake of you having sketchy internet for a couple of days while they get it checked out, saves them sending out a router which is a cost to them. If it is the router and in warranty then you've lost 2 days full service which they'll probably give you a free month for....

You must have more faith in BT than I do.

Its Openreach who provide the engineers , they are sub contractors of BT who are the ISP .
Same engineers come out no matter which ISP you pay your bill to, I started off as an engineer for Post Office Telecommunications before privatisation

No faith whatsoever in BT or the BT Group... But that's the way it is, the charge will be applied by openreach not BT. My thing is, if your sure its not your issue, whats the problem in trying?

Noisy line is the hardest fault to locate, usually intermittent and mostly an external problem, but not exclusively.
As Keef says costs nothing to check and can save a costly bill, so easy to misdiagnose a fault

RAID is often a factor especially during the festive season, flashing Christmas lights are a major source of interference
Wi-Fi signal may be affected and yes that would incur a charge if an engineer came out, rightly so.

Lost count of the amount of times, when I worked for an ISP, that people would shout off how they knew it wasn't their fault, and it couldn't be their wiring... when after a little digging they have had a extension fitted by some bloke who fitted their kitchen lights which is the fault.

Those are the people who don't thank you for saving them engineer fees etc but instead argue its still the ISP's responsibility.

Actually, this has been annoying me for a few weeks!

A little over 2 weeks ago, I ordered a Goodgrips Serrated Rocker Knife, one of these:

View attachment 114809

A few days later, they sent me one of these (note the lack of serrations):

View attachment 114808

So, one phone call and apology later, they tell me they'll send the correct one and not to worry about sending the other one back.

So, a few days later, a package arrives, I open it with anticipation and.....

View attachment 114808

So, another phone call and a grovelling apology later, the promise to sent the correct one out.

I get home from work today and see a package awaits. I'm getting excited now, surely it's the correct one this time. So, I tear open the package in anticipation and.......

You're way ahead of me, aren't you?

Yep!

knife.jpg

:banghead:

An update on this

I spoke to them again a week ago and they assured me it had been passed to a manager and the correct knife was being dispatched.

Still not delivered today so just rang them again. It's out of stock and won't be in until December 8th! :banghead:

I've asked for a refund :mad:

An update on this

I spoke to them again a week ago and they assured me it had been passed to a manager and the correct knife was being dispatched.

Still not delivered today so just rang them again. It's out of stock and won't be in until December 8th! :banghead:

I've asked for a refund :mad:

Do you get to keep the other 400 knives they have sent you in its place?

Do you get to keep the other 400 knives they have sent you in its place?

After the 1st one, they told me to give it to charity. They've not expressed any desire for the other 2. I have physio at a therapy centre so I'll donate them there.

When we got to a small roundabout, she nearly caused an accident when she pulled out in front of a car turning from her right!

You don't live around Wokingham do you? Same thing happened to me on the way home this afternoon.

Bloody van breaking down, freezing cold morning, thanks to Tony from the RAC I was back running in just over an hour (y)
Yep cold weather and all the stop starting killed the battery

A 22kg APC Battery falling out of a UPS onto my toe put a downer on my day on Monday, double-break :mad:

So will previous fool will be facing a rocket from HSE, or is their identity unknown?

Identity unknown, could even be an engineer that’s no longer with the company

The snow and ice. I always drive carefully in this weather but managed to skid twice and knock the nearside front wheel against a kerb. After I'd already paid for a wheel alignment two days ago.

Frickity frick frick.

The snow and ice. I always drive carefully in this weather but managed to skid twice and knock the nearside front wheel against a kerb. After I'd already paid for a wheel alignment two days ago.

Frickity frick frick.

....I feel your pain!

I still have my throbbin' red chariot (126,000 miles of fun) and don't even venture out if there is snow. Fortunately where I live it rarely snows.

....I feel your pain!

I still have my throbbin' red chariot (126,000 miles of fun) and don't even venture out if there is snow. Fortunately where I live it rarely snows.
Thanks Robin. The worst bit is I have spare alloys with winter wheels that I was due to put on the car. We had our driveway done (tarmac) and the company advised against using a jack so soon after getting it done, so the car was booked in for tomorrow with a local tyre company to get things swapped over.

EDIT: I'm at 101K and still loving it. I've looked at replacements and can't bear to part with it.

It bugs the hell out of me when runners post up pace per km... do you drive in km? do you work distances out in km? No! Its 60mph or 7 miles to somewhere!

Because most races are in KM, pretty pointless running a 10k and having your pace in MPH don't you think?

Because most races are in KM, pretty pointless running a 10k and having your pace in MPH don't you think?

When I go for a run I tend to set a goal - 2 miles, 4 miles 5 miles etc... While many races are in km, to me a 10k is still 6 miles, so pace in mph makes sense.

When I go for a run I tend to set a goal - 2 miles, 4 miles 5 miles etc... While many races are in km, to me a 10k is still 6 miles, so pace in mph makes sense.

6.21 miles... So what would you suggest the split timings are?

6.21 miles... So what would you suggest the split timings are?

Not fussed about the .21 personally.

Thing is not all races are in KM, and many runners don't enter races, would guess that the vast majority of runs each week are people going out for a 3/5/8 miler etc...

Not fussed about the .21 personally.

Thing is not all races are in KM, and many runners don't enter races, would guess that the vast majority of runs each week are people going out for a 3/5/8 miler etc...

The point is, you can't post a 10k in miles and get a decent breakdown... It isn't a 10k without the .21 so it does matter to anybody doing it. But each to their own

So d******ds pollyfillaing their heads into microwaves is ok?

Back