WAMT....what annoyed me today!

It's stupid as f***, but I am yet to find a law against or cure for stupidity.

I agree, but if you are going to do something so f*****g, d******d stupid as this, then don't waste the time of stretched emergency services who have far better things to do than sort out the problems of some idiots who have not given enough thought to what they were trying to do.

I hope they were serious p****d when they did this. If not, then I think they should not be allowed out alone.

Dave

Why don't they grit pavements. I was sliding around like torvile and Dean on the way in this morning while the cars are whizzing around on perfectly good roads

Why don't they grit pavements.

All down to saving money. I'm in NW Scotland now and we have had some snow (I'm on the coast so only about 5cm or so, in total over three days). The road has been well gritted but not the pavements. I know someone who lives here who used to do some the gritting on the pavements, until about 5 years ago when the local council started to cut back.

It sounds bad and in some ways it is, but councils are really strapped for cash.

Dave

They don't even grit roads effectively
Gritting at 30mph,is useless compared to that average 10mpg used in US/Canada.

Again, down to cost.

Gritting at 30mph,is useless
I have about 25 feet between my house and the the road.
I've had gritters come through here, so fast, that the grit has hit the downstairs window!

Great for drives and paths, but not so much the road :D

Computer packed in this morning, had it one year and one day:eek: so pleased i took the extended warranty, suspected motherboard failure.

Now using a steam-powered Samsung laptop with a faulty screen and faulty keyboard running Vista, i have it connected to my desktop monitor and keyboard, only 7 days to get it back but it feels like longer.

WAMT or more accurately Monday.

The MyHermes person who left my new to me Sony RX100 propped against the door of our flat. It is a locked stairwell but we're on the ground floor and it's a glass front door so visible from the street.

I know they get paid a pittance so don't want to have to attempt a re-delivery but...

Just compounded the fact the seller didn't even bother putting it in a box. Just it's leather case and some well used bubble wrap. [emoji15]

Last edited:
Waiting in the freezing cold for the RAC when car sort of went bang and was horribly noisy ...... :eek:

Thought the exhaust had fallen off but it turned out that the bottom engine mount had come undone and pulled out of the gearbox resulting in the engine not being where it was supposed to be! :rolleyes:

That doesn't sound like it's roadside repairable. :(
Can it be put back, or is it new engine/gearbox/car time?

That doesn't sound like it's roadside repairable. :(
Can it be put back, or is it new engine/gearbox/car time?

The hero RAC man has managed to jack it back into place and do the mount back up ..... however it has torn the driveshaft gaiter which needs doing asap.

OH BUGGER! just what yo didn't need :(

could have been so much worse though! ;)

WAMT and pretty much the last two weeks is Snot. I feel fine in myself, but the unprecedented amount of snot each time I blow my nose is really annoying, it seems to be an endless supply. A couple of times I have gone to bed feeling great, woke up feeling great and within an hour of waking up, it is back. Very odd after taste that I have never encountered before too.
What's more it's keeping me out of the gym too.:mad::mad:

The spiteful annoying ejits work with, not for much longer though

People parked fully in motorway or dual carriageway lay-bys with their hazard lights on....just why?

Generally as a signal to recovery or traffic officers that they've broken down, and haven't just stopped for a coffee.
Also, since motorways don't have lay-bys, it's to make themselves more visible so any vehicle that's drifted out of lane has a chance to notice them before crashing; some will go so far as to utilise available roadside cones to form a wedge behind their vehicle.

Just run yourself through a car wash. Problem solved and you'll be fresh and shiny when it's done ;)

Funny you should say that, we had the car washed whilst we were in the garden centre, was tempted to get him to turn the hose on me when we came out but it was way too cold! :D

Untangling christmas lights today, and tinsel, and those ball stringy things, grrrrrrrr. :mad: :dummy::bat::banghead:

What really annoys me is that I know I wound them properly before putting them back up the attic last January. Now I need a :beer:.

What really annoys me is that I know I wound them properly before putting them back up the attic last January.
You didn't put the elves in the same box by any chance did you? ...

:D

WAMT? Couriers not giving a time slot for when they're likely to arrive. If DPD can do it, surely the others can? Had plans for this morning but had to cancel them. Did manage to get some bread sliced/soldiered for crumbing and to put 3 strawberry plants in a trough for Mrs Nod's Mum as a commercialmas gift so the day's not a total write off.

ETA. Finally arrived at 17:45. Now unpacked and airing in the conservatory (new mattresses are a bit chemical/new paint smelly straight out of the bag!) Here's hoping we don't need to cram it back in the bag...
We won't - IF we need to send it back for any reason (100 day trial and 10 year warranty), they arrange for it to be picked up naked (the mattress, not the collector - I hope!).

Last edited:
We have been through this with the reps from a couple of courier networks and the reason they give us is that dpd built their system from new around this functionality, whereas they would be trying to tie it onto the back of an existing system...

nmf2NMg.gif
Dashcam gives up the ghost after only 6 weeks. Mailed eBay seller in China for a refund and await what, if, they mail back.

A lot of Quality Streets/Roses/Heroes/Celebrations etc kicking around the office at the moment. When did the inexplicable trend for putting the chocolate menu on the bottom of the tin/tub become accepted norm?

Virgin Mobile. Phoned them to get a PAC code and it was pure torture! Firstly, I couldn't remember my password. Normally, they say "that's no problem, I'll just ask some security questions". Not this plum! 3 times, he insisted on me remembering it until eventually, he went down the security question route. Given that, when I first got through, I stated that I was after a PAC code and he took my number, he then proceeded to ask my number and why I was calling! :rolleyes:

I then phoned EE to arrange for a new phone, talk about night & day!

I stated that I was after a PAC code

I read something this past couple of days that they intend to bring in a new system, where you will/should be able to change provider quickly & easily by simply texting them. (be good if it works)

I read something this past couple of days that they intend to bring in a new system, where you will/should be able to change provider quickly & easily by simply texting them. (be good if it works)

That would be good. The last time I changed provider was to go from O2 to EE and it couldn't have been easier, can't have been on the phone for more than a couple of minutes.

f***wit drivers as always,
early morning start ( as always) long straight bit of road, no traffic in front or behind me as far as the eye could see ( it was a well lit road and of course head lights are a dead give away)
A car to my left, in a side turning, as I approached, yep you guessed it, he pulled out!

I hit the middle peddle pretty damned hard ..
And guess what? yep so did he as he raised his middle finger up to his mirror ...

It was at that point I realised that it was obviously my fault and sincerely apologised ...
by leaving him "nowhere to go" save over it, at the next brick built roundabout :)

Last edited:
WAM (last week) I had 3+ days of what felt like half a dozen of those evil little gremlins from the film :punch: kicking a basketball around my guts, :puke: then every 1/2 hour using a high powered super-soaker, pointed vertically downwards. :mooning: (at least I lost a few pounds in readiness for Christmas)

Just about recovered then WAMT............. woke up at 5.30am with a banging headache & runny nose! :mad: 'kin man flu. :grumpy:

I put our refuse out for collection last night.

A bit later on I went too bed as I'm not feeling too well. So I didn't appreciate being woken up at 4:00AM by shouting and the sound of refuse sacks being kicked and thrown about. By the time I got some clothes and shoes on; the yobs were gone.

So I spent about forty minutes in the pitch black trying to collect mine and my neighbours rubbish from the middle of the road (and my car roof and bonnet) where it had ended up and re-bag the stuff.

:mad:

Damned Carol Singers...

I was waiting for my Indian takeaway meal delivery.

Knock on the door, hmmm early I though, open the door and there are 4-5 people by the gate..."We wish you a merry..

SLAM!

My mother tells them that if they can't sing a proper carol they ought to bugger off.

I put our refuse out for collection last night..............

That's probably why our council tell us not to put stuff out until 7am
I presumed it was to lessen the chance of cats & foxes ripping the bags/tipping the bins over. Hadn't considered the d1ck'eads :LOL:

My mother tells them that if they can't sing a proper carol they ought to bugger off.

Agreed. (y)

I must be getting old, but I remember (& looked forward to) carol singers actually singing a couple BEFORE they knocked. :rolleyes:

Thinking back. Listening to The Sally Army was a real highlight as a kid & something that has stuck with me for over half a century. :cool: (must be 10 years since I last heard them playing on the street)

Back