WAMT....what annoyed me today!

WAMT?
and a few days past ...

My bloody neighbours. I've mentioned before how recently I've heard the sound of children playing..
When they only have one of their own..

There has been plenty of coming and going's, people and cars over the week end, different voices both kids and adults ...
I guess they think they are immune in both senses of the word...
Grass them up.

Grass them up.
Tempting but I'm sure the police have better things to do than throwing a couple of kids in jail for playing on a trampoline together,..
And of course I have no evidence save leaning out a bedroom window with a 100-400 attached, I suspect I'd be me in slammer ;)

Tempting but I'm sure the police have better things to do than throwing a couple of kids in jail for playing on a trampoline together,..
And of course I have no evidence save leaning out a bedroom window with a 100-400 attached, I suspect I'd be me in slammer ;)
Police forces up and down the country have set up online forms for grassing up people not following lockdown rules. They want the public to grass each other up.

Police forces up and down the country have set up online forms for grassing up people not following lockdown rules. They want the public to grass each other up.
Or alternatively it's a convenient way of saving time & effort by stopping people phoning them; they provide a website & online forms & then ignore most of the reports.......

Or alternatively it's a convenient way of saving time & effort by stopping people phoning them; they provide a website & online forms & then ignore most of the reports.......
TBH that would be my best guess too!

I wonder how they manage to know of people having a barbeque or parties then. Perhaps they are doing door to door searches.

I think other peoples beliefs should be respected if at all possible.

I can't respect the extreme religious nut jobs all religions have who'll gleefully murder and torture their way to paradise but the more mainstream and more acceptable stuff then why not? I see no reason to be offended or angered or taken aback or to see it as the first step in an assimilation process. Why not just see it as a friendly, caring or even loving gesture and move on.

Alan..I often hear people say that 'we should respect other peoples' religions' as if one had one and didn't respect those of others What's really meant is that the religion of someone should be respected. Of course I don't agree with that statement. First off the problem is with organised religion not someone having a private relationship with whichever deity they chose to worship. How about tolerate ? How can I respect something that I feel so negatively about and for good reason.It would be hypocritical even regarding the mainstream religions you mention. Evangelism in the US is mainstream now. Is that form of religioin to be respected ?. Most of the world's bigots can be found within religions.

Most religions are disparaging towards homosexuals, LGBT people, treat women as second class citizens and put faith above fact and limit access to abortion. Evangelists in the US want to overturn Roe v Wade..https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roe_v._Wade and with the Trump Admin (Pence is an evangelist)and now right wing Supreme Court it might well happen. In this country we have 26 Lords Spiritual sitting in the House of Lords and they influence law. 24 bishops two archbishops (Justin Welby Archbishop of Canterbury and and John Sentanmu ..Arch.B of York)Those 26 seats are ring-fenced. Did you know that the only other country that has seats in its legislative body for clerics is...Iran.

People have a right to believe but they have no right to either force it upon others..(the teaching of Creationism) the imposition of restrictive laws (here..regarding particular activities on a Sunday..in Retail shopping hours restricted for one. Two years ago my wife was unable to pay for items in a store in London on a Sunday until 10.00am. How is it in the 21st century that in a country where most people identify themselves as non-religious and the number identifying as Cof E is diminishing by the day we have a god-ordained monarchy pledging to preserve the privileges of an institution rejected by the vast majority. Even the anthem is God save the Queen (at present). Don't get me started on the damage the catholic church has done to the lives of its adherents in all manner of ways. Hell was invented to control people with fear. Can you even begin to imagine what that does to children ? A child born into a muslim family is a muslim from day one. Reject it in later life and they risk, at best ,being shunned by the family at worst in the likes of Pakistan..death.

Re the card.? It's not the card, Alan. It's what's behind it. This is what we believe and we're going to impose it on you. Like it or not you are going to be involved in our belief in death, resurrection and ascension. Anyway, what a terrible symbol the cross is. It was designed to inflict the most brutal and prolonged death.Assuming he was put to death what if Jesus had been hanged ? Would they have gallows on top of every church and on a chain around their necks and walk at the head of a procession with them on the end of a pole ?

I have to stop. I could write pages. Maybe you could enlighten me as to what, as you refer to it as..'the more acceptable stuff' is ? Maybe not. Still respect religion, Alan ?

Alan..I often hear people say that 'we should respect other peoples' religions' as if one had one and didn't respect those of others What's really meant is that the religion of someone should be respected. Of course I don't agree with that statement. First off the problem is with organised religion not someone having a private relationship with whichever deity they chose to worship. How about tolerate ? How can I respect something that I feel so negatively about and for good reason.It would be hypocritical even regarding the mainstream religions you mention. Evangelism in the US is mainstream now. Is that form of religioin to be respected ?. Most of the world's bigots can be found within religions.

Most religions are disparaging towards homosexuals, LGBT people, treat women as second class citizens and put faith above fact and limit access to abortion. Evangelists in the US want to overturn Roe v Wade..https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roe_v._Wade and with the Trump Admin (Pence is an evangelist)and now right wing Supreme Court it might well happen. In this country we have 26 Lords Spiritual sitting in the House of Lords and they influence law. 24 bishops two archbishops (Justin Welby Archbishop of Canterbury and and John Sentanmu ..Arch.B of York)Those 26 seats are ring-fenced. Did you know that the only other country that has seats in its legislative body for clerics is...Iran.

People have a right to believe but they have no right to either force it upon others..(the teaching of Creationism) the imposition of restrictive laws (here..regarding particular activities on a Sunday..in Retail shopping hours restricted for one. Two years ago my wife was unable to pay for items in a store in London on a Sunday until 10.00am. How is it in the 21st century that in a country where most people identify themselves as non-religious and the number identifying as Cof E is diminishing by the day we have a god-ordained monarchy pledging to preserve the privileges of an institution rejected by the vast majority. Even the anthem is God save the Queen (at present). Don't get me started on the damage the catholic church has done to the lives of its adherents in all manner of ways. Hell was invented to control people with fear. Can you even begin to imagine what that does to children ? A child born into a muslim family is a muslim from day one. Reject it in later life and they risk, at best ,being shunned by the family at worst in the likes of Pakistan..death.

Re the card.? It's not the card, Alan. It's what's behind it. This is what we believe and we're going to impose it on you. Like it or not you are going to be involved in our belief in death, resurrection and ascension. Anyway, what a terrible symbol the cross is. It was designed to inflict the most brutal and prolonged death.Assuming he was put to death what if Jesus had been hanged ? Would they have gallows on top of every church and on a chain around their necks and walk at the head of a procession with them on the end of a pole ?

I have to stop. I could write pages. Maybe you could enlighten me as to what, as you refer to it as..'the more acceptable stuff' is ? Maybe not. Still respect religion, Alan ?

John, can you quit with the anti-religion rants please, this is not the place for it.

If you really want to discuss religion, you can always start a thread in Hot Topics but I suggest you don't.

I wonder how they manage to know of people having a barbeque or parties then. Perhaps they are doing door to door searches.
I did say ignore 'most' of the reports....maybe they filter them & respond to the most flagrant breaches of the legislation......

News story about people whining they are not getting IVF treatment because of the health crisis

FFS, people are dying, others not getting cancer treatment and various other possible life saving procedures

FFS, people are dying, others not getting cancer treatment and various other possible life saving procedures
A social worker once made an interesting comment to me: "infertility is nature's way of telling a couple to give a home to a kid who needs one".

Only the elderly bloke who didn't know (or didn't care) what 2m is in Sainsbury's earlier.

We had another BIG spider in the house last night. Mrs WW just froze and when I looked at her she said "Spider."

That's a few really big ones we've had recently and they don't look like the ones we usually get in traditional spider season which we'd normally expect to be late August/September time.

I don't know if this is due to the mild winter we've had or if some foreign lot have moved in or maybe they're just from the UK but we've not seen them before in the usually chilly north? I've no idea but I hope that's the last of them. It probably wont be.

Mrs WW is Thai and when over there I don't think I've ever seen a spider. She says they have big ones in the forests but maybe the geckos eat the ones that come into houses and gardens? I don't know.

I've got one about 2.5" living behind the fridge ATM; she comes out after dark. Spider 1.gif
I just say "Hi.", and leave her be.

We had another BIG spider in the house last night. Mrs WW just froze and when I looked at her she said "Spider."

That's a few really big ones we've had recently and they don't look like the ones we usually get in traditional spider season which we'd normally expect to be late August/September time.

I don't know if this is due to the mild winter we've had or if some foreign lot have moved in or maybe they're just from the UK but we've not seen them before in the usually chilly north? I've no idea but I hope that's the last of them. It probably wont be.

Mrs WW is Thai and when over there I don't think I've ever seen a spider. She says they have big ones in the forests but maybe the geckos eat the ones that come into houses and gardens? I don't know.
Pictures please,only two spiders in the U.K. the False Widow and the Yellow Sac can affect people who they bite,as all animals and insects they normally only bite when they feel threatened.

Its probably a wolf spider, mine wears size 9 boots and makes a hell of a racket when he appears from behind the stone fireplace (y)

I've got one about 2.5"
Mine is at least a foot (or 8) across :D

I've seen a few lately. They're immediately clubbed to death. They still haven't learned to stay out of sight :bat:

I've seen a few lately. They're immediately clubbed to death. They still haven't learned to stay out of sight :bat:
Oh I bet there are dozens staying out of sight, that's just the scout you killed :D

Its probably a wolf spider, mine wears size 9 boots and makes a hell of a racket when he appears from behind the stone fireplace (y)

Mine is at least a foot (or 8) across :D

I don't know what they are but they are different to the ones we get in late summer.

I don't know what they are but they are different to the ones we get in late summer.
They are the same, just beach ready for the summer :D

I read up on geckos yesterday and they do indeed eat a lot of spiders so that could explain why there don't seem to be any in Thailand. Given the choice of geckos or spiders I think I'd choose geckos. I did see them all over in Thailand but they never bothered me. I never saw any spiders in Singapore or Kazakhstan either.

The late summer ones are normally male house spiders looking for a mate.
The ones I've seen around recently are females; slightly different shape and generally bigger.

People around here are seriously a lot more stupid than I first though.
The house opposite was sold around Xmas time well that is the old owners moved out then.
Since then there have been several comings and goings, infrequently..
But that has increased in the last week or so ...

And no one has stayed the night ... ( I get up early no cars on the drive)
Today there are 2 different cars there :rolleyes:
In other times I would have suspected that it was a brothel ...
But then again Maybe it is ? :D

My next door neighbour has kids round to play with their boy, they go out all times of the day and night,
They went out last night and still not returned ..
Yeah I know, nosy git :D

People around here are seriously a lot more stupid than I first though.
The house opposite was sold around Xmas time well that is the old owners moved out then.
Since then there have been several comings and goings, infrequently..
But that has increased in the last week or so ...

And no one has stayed the night ... ( I get up early no cars on the drive)
Today there are 2 different cars there :rolleyes:
In other times I would have suspected that it was a brothel ...
But then again Maybe it is ? :D

That happened a few years ago on the estate where I lived at the time. The house was about 10 doors away from mine and it turned out that it was being used to grow cannabis.

The house was about 10 doors away from mine and it turned out that it was being used to grow cannabis.
I had one of those .. out back of me, the Blue lights gave it away ;)
That was until the large "Shed" they had built caught fire and set fire to their next door neighbours conifers :D

That was until the large "Shed" they had built caught fire and set fire to their next door neighbours conifers :D
A mate of mine, who was a copper at the time, was sent to support a couple of fire engines at a barn fire. He found the farm, drove down to where the flames were and got out. Next thing he remembered was waking up surrounded by 3 firemen in breathing gear. It wasn't the growing plants that had got him but the estimated £1,000,000 worth of dried canabis that had been in the barn's roof. It had dropped into the flames and created the world's biggest bong! :naughty:

I had one of those .. out back of me, the Blue lights gave it away ;)

Had that happen with a customer who was using the front of their shed for a legitimate business and the back to grow cannabis....their liquidation letter didn’t mention the arrest or charges funnily enough,

Weird thing to be annoyed about but I ordered a curry to be delivered after Mrs Nod has finished teaching at 20:30 or so. It's just arrived... Going to need reheating since we like to eat together and she can't eat before teaching. Worst thing is that I can smell it and I'm hungry!!!

The apparent inability of upper management to make a decision at the seventh time of asking, in the face of overwhelming supporting evidence, when there exists a well-thought out plan, agreed by all of the necessary stakeholders (even health & safety have signed it off) and backed up by all of the local expertise when not failing to make or delaying that decision means there are fewer and fewer people to execute the plan, external resources required are getting harder to obtain (most have laid off their staff) and inevitably this is going to cost lives...

The apparent inability of upper management to make a decision at the seventh time of asking,
This annoys me every day and sometimes more often. In my opinion people at the top table are supposed to get the big bucks on condition that...
  • They search out the best possible information on which to make decisions.
  • They make decisions in a timely manner.
  • They make the least bad decisions in the circumstances.
  • They accept that if they make the wrong decision they leave without a fuss and without compensation.
To me, all their squirming and excuses are just further proof that they have failed.

Weird thing to be annoyed about but I ordered a curry to be delivered after Mrs Nod has finished teaching at 20:30 or so. It's just arrived... Going to need reheating since we like to eat together and she can't eat before teaching. Worst thing is that I can smell it and I'm hungry!!!

you should have eaten it and ordered another for later...

I have to admit that the naan didn't make it. Well, either me or a sodding great mouse had a nibble out of it.

Looking forward to round 2 later.

My Indian curry is 8 minutes late and I'm starving....
I'm not really annoyed though.... it will be worth waiting for :)

Last edited:
Back