WAMT....what annoyed me today!

I've just seen this, and sometimes I think we ought to see the return of corporal punishment, 20 lashes of the birch each might seem an appropriate punishment if found guilty as charged?

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/lockdown-police-duck-sedgefield-a4429591.html

As I've said in this forum before. As I get older my attitudes to some are hardening and I do honestly wonder if the world would be a better place without people like this in it. I wonder if they'll ever contribute anything to society other than being seen as good blokes by the equally sick and like minded crowd around them. Can they be helped? cured? I'm tempted to say we shouldn't bother. Maybe we should just take people like this to the nearest cliff and throw them off. The world may then be a slightly better place the moment they leave it.

Code:
          /´¯/)               (\¯`\
         /  //                 \\  \
        /  //                   \\  \
    /´¯/  /´¯\                 /¯`\  \¯`\
/ /  /  /   /|_             _|\   \  \  \ \
( (  (  (   / ) )           ( ( \   )  )  ) )
\          \/ /            \  \/          /
  \           /              \            /
   \         (                )          /

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Maybe we should just take people like this to the nearest cliff and throw them off. The world may then be a slightly better place the moment they leave it.
How dare you write things like that? Have you no empathy? Have you no belief in the sanctity of life? It's appalling to write something like that here!

At least insist that they're thrown into the sea naked to protect the marine fauna from plastic polution and hold them in custody for 24 hours so that the drugs pass out of their system before some poor fish starts nibbling on them.

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Bloke next door, seems nice enough, we know he lives alone... But last Monday he had people round till 4.30am arguing in in house.. Had people round yesterday till about half midnight. Wouldn't really care that much if it was on a Friday/Saturday night but we still both have work in the morning, Also would help if we weren't in lockdown.

If it carries on i'll have to go round and say something, but for now its not worth the headache.

Bloke next door, seems nice enough, we know he lives alone... But last Monday he had people round till 4.30am arguing in in house.. Had people round yesterday till about half midnight. Wouldn't really care that much if it was on a Friday/Saturday night but we still both have work in the morning, Also would help if we weren't in lockdown.

If it carries on i'll have to go round and say something, but for now its not worth the headache.
Just grass him up, avoids any confrontation, which seems a likely outcome as he's so anti-social.

Just grass him up, avoids any confrontation, which seems a likely outcome as he's so anti-social.

We've been here 5 months now and apart from seeing him go off to work in a morning you wouldn't know he was even there, its just these 2 occasions. Think were going to see if it carries on and just knock on and have a word.
When hes on the garden he seems a nice enough bloke, but the privets are too high to actually interact with him

Had a phone call from work earlier. Monday's return to work has been delayed again. A system failure that had been fixed once already has failed again. If they can get it fixed during the week, then I get to start the following day, if not, it is looking like Monday 11th.
:(

Can you not take a hint? :p

I am beginning to take the hint.
My mate, who did get to return to work this week, has just messaged me to let me know I am not back Monday next week either. It is an exhaust emissions system under the floor in the petrol dyno cells that keeps failing. Apparently the diesel cells are ok. I now need to wait on an update on Monday as to whether I can go back on Tuesday.
At this rate, they will be lucky if I can remember what to do. :)

I am beginning to take the hint.
My mate, who did get to return to work this week, has just messaged me to let me know I am not back Monday next week either. It is an exhaust emissions system under the floor in the petrol dyno cells that keeps failing. Apparently the diesel cells are ok. I now need to wait on an update on Monday as to whether I can go back on Tuesday.
At this rate, they will be lucky if I can remember what to do. :)
I shouldn't laugh :(

But I'm going to anyway
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Well they annoyed me late last month, then again yesterday and even more today, the pile of steaming excrement that are Ryan Air.

Fair enough it's not their fault they had to cancel my flight back from Ibiza that I should have been on tomorrow but it's completely their fault that they are doing everything they can to not give me back my money even if they break all sorts of rules and regulations.

They cancelled the flight and gave the choice of re-booking where they would very generously waive the re-booking fee, a voucher for future use or money back. To tell them what you wanted to do you have to go onto their website and get your booking up, then after giving all the booking info if you select refund it takes you to another website page which asks for all those details again. Hmm I'm sure their IT bods could have pre-populated it.

Then as I expected from what I've seen on the internet today I got a sob story email telling me how difficult it is for them to process refunds as they have to be done manually and how most of their staff have been furloughed. Oddly enough they can take all sorts of charges from you electronically but it's beyond their ability to do it for refunds, I wonder how Amazon etc. manage that, and wouldn't I prefer their fabulous time-limited voucher instead.

If I still want my money back I should click on a link to contact them and that link takes you to a page all about using your voucher. Oh what a surprise.

Maybe Michael O'Leary should spend less time whining about other airlines getting subsidies and more time and effort refunding his customers, after all they've only had my money since January

Well they annoyed me late last month, then again yesterday and even more today, the pile of steaming excrement that are Ryan Air.

Fair enough it's not their fault they had to cancel my flight back from Ibiza that I should have been on tomorrow but it's completely their fault that they are doing everything they can to not give me back my money even if they break all sorts of rules and regulations.

They cancelled the flight and gave the choice of re-booking where they would very generously waive the re-booking fee, a voucher for future use or money back. To tell them what you wanted to do you have to go onto their website and get your booking up, then after giving all the booking info if you select refund it takes you to another website page which asks for all those details again. Hmm I'm sure their IT bods could have pre-populated it.

Then as I expected from what I've seen on the internet today I got a sob story email telling me how difficult it is for them to process refunds as they have to be done manually and how most of their staff have been furloughed. Oddly enough they can take all sorts of charges from you electronically but it's beyond their ability to do it for refunds, I wonder how Amazon etc. manage that, and wouldn't I prefer their fabulous time-limited voucher instead.

If I still want my money back I should click on a link to contact them and that link takes you to a page all about using your voucher. Oh what a surprise.

Maybe Michael O'Leary should spend less time whining about other airlines getting subsidies and more time and effort refunding his customers, after all they've only had my money since January

I had a return flight cancelled in march, not seen anything of that money yet. My own stag do is supposed to be next week, don't think I'll see that refund money till July or something

WAMY?

The couple who drove down from London to meet up with their friends (also from London) in their holiday home on my caravan park for the weekend! :eek: Told to go away in no uncertain terms by the site manager who was not impressed.

Wrong in so many ways ...

Reactions: Sky
It would be such a shame should their caravan's lock be filled with superglue...

WAMT?
Bloody DPD!

Parcel due 1300-1400.
Big note on the door telling him where to leave it and to knock if he wanted a signature.
around 13:15 I got an email "sorry we missed you" with a picture of my door knocker excluding the notice ;)

He never even knocked I was here before 13.00, in that case, I suspect that he never even had the parcel :rolleyes:
Useless twatt!

Some time ago my local gp surgery went all digital so we could in theory at least book appointments on line. It was a clunky thing but it worked when there were slots to book.

Anyway, today I received a letter saying the system had changed and all I needed to do was follow the enclosed instructions, various numbers and codes and things provided. Does it work? Of course not. It's an utter abomination full of seeming dead ends or boxes stating that the service isn't provided by the practice. Yes, I followed the instructions and when they didn't work I tried other avenues and the result is that I can at least log on but I can't book an appointment as the service isn't offered. Wonderful.

How many times in life does this happen? Often enough for me to think that a lot of organisations don't pretend they're "customers" and try to log in and use the service as a customer is expected to. I'll try again in a few weeks time.

This is the second time today I've gone though a crap system seemingly set up by someone with no idea what they're doing.

This is bad enough for me but how the elderly and those with even less abilities than mine are expected to manage I just don't know. Years ago a then GF of mine was working on systems to make access easier for less able (for whatever reason) people but it seems that there's little effort to make things easy these days. The fact that so much these days only half works irritates me but I can just about cope but there must be large numbers of people who can't cope and I do think that the push to move everything and every transaction online should be accompanied by mass sacking of the incapable programmers and system designers who seem to be making such a mess of things at the moment by knocking out clunky half working crap.

Last edited:

I would never book with them unless it was absolutely unavoidable.

I bought/won something for my motorbike off that auction site, the lady got it collected by Herpes, sorry Hermes, they sent it to the wrong depot according to their tracking details. Last Weds it was apparently on its way, sort of, here we are 7 days later and still no sign of it, all I can see on their tracking details is "to be updated". In their "why send with us" guff it says it may take up to 7 days to get stuff to far flung places. Now I may be wrong but I'm guessing 20 miles from London would not be classified as "far flung". My guess is they've lost it. Ho hum, there's more important stuff I guess, especially at present. Annoying none the less and the title is WAMT not what really really p***ed me off. :)

Queuing to go into Tesco earlier and the woman 2m in front of me decided she needed cigarette, wind blowing straight
back to me.
I started coughing from the smoke, everyone moved farther away, I did say in a loud voice that smoke has that effect
cigarette disappeared and face mask went on

Until you have an issue, maybe.

The test of any company or service is not necessarily when everything goes right but when something goes wrong.

Anyway. What annoyed me yesterday.

Mrs WW decided to make me a cake, a lovely thought. When it was finished she put it on a plate, wrapped cling film over it and put it in the fridge. All well and good. When I opened the fridge door it shot out like a guillotine and whacked into the top of my foot. That was yesterday and it hurts as much today as it did then. I was expecting a black and blue foot but instead there's just a red mark, a delve and a swelling.

Oh well. The cake is ok :D

Last edited:
Anyway. What annoyed me yesterday.

Mrs WW decided t make me a cake, a lovely thought. When it was finished she put it on a plate, wrapped cling film over it and put it in the fridge. All well and good. When I opened the fridge door it shot out like a guillotine and whacked into the top of my foot. That was yesterday and it hurts as much today as it did then. I was expecting a black and blue foot but instead there's just a red mark, a delve and a swelling.

Oh well. The cake is ok :D
Cake a bit heavy was it :)
Dont tell her I asked that.

I think it was more the weight of the plate and the velocity at which it shot out of the fridge rather than the cake as such. I think.

Mrs WW is Thai and cooks some lovely things but their cakes aren't really like our cakes. It's nice but it's not a traditional western european birthday cake. It is nice.

I'm now having a bit of trouble walking as my right foot has a bone spur which can be painful and my left got whacked with the birthday cake. Coming down stairs is the most difficult. Everyones having a good laugh though :D

I feel your pain, actually I dont but you know what I mean. When my Mrs bakes a cake she hides it in a tin, marked CAKE, but no-one ever looks in there, dont know why she bought a cake tin, if she leaves it on the side in the kitchen it has a shelf live of about 3 days (cos we pig it), in the tin it can be there for weeks.

WAMT?
Being totally selfish, the large amount of traffic on the roads today. :(
Don't believe me? ask the police. I saw the first talivan today in months,
so they must now think its worth it ;)

WAMT?
Being totally selfish, the large amount of traffic on the roads today. :(
Don't believe me? ask the police. I saw the first talivan today in months,
so they must now think its worth it ;)
I had to google what a talivan was....... I saw one of those a couple of weeks back;)

One shot past me on the motorway today.
I'm a fan of anything that persuades people to drive with care and prevent accidents.

Police and recovery crew overturned lorry Clyst St Mary P1011840.jpg

Either that or they have given up chasing people who have failed to grasp what social distancing means?
That wouldn't surprise me either.
I'm a fan of anything that persuades people to drive with care and prevent accidents.
Bloke on the right, it was that twatt :D
TBH when the roads were first very quiet, you could cruise down a "local" dual carriageway" "over the speed limit" and no see another car for miles. Save the odd one or two,
that would go past at mach II. I guess the speed limits are now more likely to be adhered too with the huge increase in traffic ;)

Back