WAMT....what annoyed me today!

Finding a flat spare tyre in the back of the van because some idiot got a puncture last friday and didn't bother to report it
so it gets it fixed :rage:

Having to alter my route today, because the A11 northbound was shut, then finding the A143 shut on the re-route. (neither had diversion routes signposted either :( )
It made the day drag making the "calls" in a disjointed fashion.

That wasn't even the worst part TBH, the worst part was finding both my favourite burger vans had buggered off home by the time I got there :(

Asking someone in our Marketing Department to do something, and receiving their OOO reply, advising me to contact their 'cover' whilst they were OOO. I than contact the 'Cover' person, who doesnt know how to do what ive asked.

How is that bloody cover?!?

Having to alter my route today, because the A11 northbound was shut, then finding the A143 shut on the re-route. (neither had diversion routes signposted either :( )
It made the day drag making the "calls" in a disjointed fashion.

That wasn't even the worst part TBH, the worst part was finding both my favourite burger vans had buggered off home by the time I got there :(

Got to admit I have been really impressed with the free traffic thingy on the new satnav, it's saved me loads of time already
Really glad I upgraded (y)

As for the burger vans :whistle:

microwaved scrambled eggs.....utter sheite.

scrambled eggs need doing in a pan with butter,milk and cracked black pepper.

MILK! You heathen! :rolleyes:

Melt butter in glass bowl, crack eggs into melted butter and add fresh coarse ground black pepper, whisk briefly and cook.

So quick and easy and minimal washing up, what's not to like? :)

Melt butter in glass bowl, crack eggs into melted butter and add fresh coarse ground black pepper, whisk briefly and cook.

Cos cafes always overcook them in a bloody microwave.

Scrambled eggs should be slightly snotty, not like the inners of a bloody golf ball.

PS...Mrs Frac wants to know if that is a bengal cat in your avatar?

Ah well, if you had said "cafe microwaved scrambled eggs" I would have agreed with you! :D

...and yes, that is my rescue boy Benji, who is indeed a Bengal. :)

I melt a little butter in a fry pan, crack some eggs into it then scramble

I only add freshly milled black pepper once served

I melt a little butter in a fry pan, crack some eggs into it then scramble

I only add freshly milled black pepper once served
and stir in some oak smoked salmon strips obviously. <smacks lips>

WAMT? f*****g DVLA. "Enter the 12 digit Doc. Ref No." - fine, except I can only find 11 digits on the relevant document. Off to the PO now it's open.

WAMT: So I cracked the screen of my iphone 6+ and as u don't have time go get to the apple store and use my phone for about 200 talk minutes per day I ordered a temporary replacement.

24 hours in with my el cheapo Nokia Lumia 930 in marker pen Orange and I actually really really really like it.

Hmm in one month I've moved from my Macbook Air to a Surface Pro 3 and now I'm at the brink of moving from an iphone 6+ 128 to a Windows Phone.

:eek: What is happening to me. Something is not right.

Maybe you're coming to the realisation that function is more important than form (in your old age! ;)) The only real downside of WinPhones is the relative lack of app availability, although most bases are covered for sensible uses. I do have an Android phone as well as my Lumia 625 (IIRC) purely for things like camera control.

Maybe you're coming to the realisation that function is more important than form (in your old age! ;)) The only real downside of WinPhones is the relative lack of app availability, although most bases are covered for sensible uses. I do have an Android phone as well as my Lumia 625 (IIRC) purely for things like camera control.
To be fair I've got a slightly more moderate view on it. I think function over form is both unfair to the Microsoft products and the Apple ones. The Lumia 930 is actually rather pretty and well built. Likewise with windows 8.1 and 10 around the corner it is now finally coming together.

I haven't missed any of my normal apps on windows phone. Heck unlike its desktop counterpart it even has a unified mailbox.

But the camera. Wow just wow. A camera phone isn't supposed to do that.

I've always liked Nokia phones and would still have an old 3310 (IIRC!) if I could. Never got on with Mrs Nod's work supplied iPad2 when she had it - might have been more useful with extra spent on it to get a USB and card hole (as come as standard on a Surface, even if it is a MicroSD card slot.) Really don't like overbright colours like the Nokia's orange but it IS harder to lose something like that!!! Personally prefer 8 to 8.1 on a tablet or netbook, easy enough to find the desktop if you need it (not hard to get to the app tiles either from the desktop.) Never used an iPhone camera so can't compare it to the Nokia one (and the 930 one is better than the 625 one anyway!) I do think the little MacBookAir (I think that's what YvesGeza's got) is beautiful, even compared to this little Asus netbook.

Agencies.

They insist on sending me for interviews for jobs I'm either not qualified for or interested in doing any more.

Roads they keep on giving us punctures. Damn cant be repaired, two tyres @ £283 each. Ouch.

you could try and claim back off the highway authority - though you'll need photographic proof of the bit of road concerned , also how much for a tyre ? the last ones i bought were about £65

I wouldn't know where it happened. Yup £283 each, and believe you me that is not a bad price either. Just a lot of money.

I feel your pain, JP. Mine are £250 or so per corner (best price available locally and that includes black circles!) fitted. Luckily, I don't seem to get any punctures, it's just those stupid pillow mound road bumps that knock the inside shoulders out. Often no way to avoid straddling the buggers so I try to avoid those routes. Just bought a s***box for those runs that make the avoidance a major detour and for ease of parking.

WAM is the necessity for the 3rd car to avoid damage to the "real" ones from crap roads and inconsiderate/uncaring parkers.

four wheel drive or sports car ?

and if you don't know where it happened how do you know its the road to blame ?

Roflmao I know that because the wheels on the car go round and round, round and round, round and round, all day long ;)

And when they do that they are in contact with the road. Contrary to popular belief, frost bite doesn't really bite the tires, nor does the air cut through them :)

I feel your pain, JP. Mine are £250 or so per corner (best price available locally and that includes black circles!) fitted. Luckily, I don't seem to get any punctures, it's just those stupid pillow mound road bumps that knock the inside shoulders out. Often no way to avoid straddling the buggers so I try to avoid those routes. Just bought a s***box for those runs that make the avoidance a major detour and for ease of parking.

WAM is the necessity for the 3rd car to avoid damage to the "real" ones from crap roads and inconsiderate/uncaring parkers.
If you are worried about knocking the inner shoulders out, simple remedy is don't straddle them, just drive to the left or right so only the left or right hand side wheels drive over the top. I've been travelling over such bumps (straddling) for almost a year in my Focus and tyres are wearing just fine. Used to have to drive over one bump in my Mondeo though as the bump is higher than the rest and it would always scrape the engine under tray. From the deep gauges in the tarmac, I suspect more than a few cars have bottomed out on it. As for cost of tyres, fact of life, they wear out. If you don't like the cost, don't buy a car that needs expensive tyres.

Roflmao I know that because the wheels on the car go round and round, round and round, round and round, all day long ;)

And when they do that they are in contact with the road. Contrary to popular belief, frost bite doesn't really bite the tires, nor does the air cut through them :)

true - but i meant whether its the state of the road maintenance or whether you are encountering nails, broken glass, other crap - or for that matter whether its your driving style thats to blame, if you are throwing the car arround, mounting kerbs etc

I live down a very potholed country lane and i did sucessfuly get the highway authority to pay for my puncture - they also came and fixed the potholes remarkably quickly after that

Roads they keep on giving us punctures. Damn cant be repaired, two tyres @ £283 each. Ouch.
One of life's great mysteries that, not so long ago all tyres were repairable, puncture wise, now, inextricably what ever it is, damages the side wall without fail ;)

If you are worried about knocking the inner shoulders out, simple remedy is don't straddle them, just drive to the left or right so only the left or right hand side wheels drive over the top. I've been travelling over such bumps (straddling) for almost a year in my Focus and tyres are wearing just fine. Used to have to drive over one bump in my Mondeo though as the bump is higher than the rest and it would always scrape the engine under tray. From the deep gauges in the tarmac, I suspect more than a few cars have bottomed out on it. As for cost of tyres, fact of life, they wear out. If you don't like the cost, don't buy a car that needs expensive tyres.

Not always an option when there are 3 pillows across the road with cars parked on either side, you have to straddle them (if you use that road). Normal, full width of the road speed humps aren't a problem and do the same job without causing the same damage. Bought a s***box for use on roads like that for less than a set of tyres - far better option and still allows me to have a decent car for other journeys.

WAMT: The fact that I woke up feeling crap & on a downer and let it get the better of me by cancelling all my appointments and going back to bed

WAMT - well yesterday to be honest. Expecting the delivery of a new lens when I had 3 menus stuffed through my letter box from 3 different people in 10 Mins. It is annoying as the dog lets me know each time

My HP Printer has died this afternoon :mad::mad:

And I've still 2 documents of 74 back to back pages to print before tomorrow :(

Don't think they are going to be done - fortunately they are in DropBox as PDFs so Ill be able to read them offline .

Technology is wonderful when it works

Not being paid on Thursday. I'd always assumed that if your payday landed on a bank holiday, then you always received it the last working day before it ... apparently not.

Back