WAMT....what annoyed me today!

I generally get paid on the last friday of the month regardless of whether its a B/H -I think its all computerised these days and the computers are working 24/7/365

I think its all computerised these days and the computers are working 24/7/365
Maybe where you work ;)
I actually only worked for this company for a few weeks and didn't like some of their practices, so gave notice. Not receiving my final pay as expected almost justifies my concerns about them.

I'd always assumed that if your payday landed on a bank holiday, then you always received it the last working day before it ... apparently not.
I'd always assumed that you found out when your payday was by reading your contract... apparently not. ;)

I'd always assumed that you found out when your payday was by reading your contract... apparently not. ;)
It doesn't mention payday clashing with Good Friday (or Christmas/NY day) :D

Grayson Perry.

My old Nokia phone - can't set up my new iPhone 5s for a few days yet !

Sent 1 SMS to each of 2 folk yesterday - and each of them got it 7 times !!

Just taken battery and SIM out - to see if that will help .

Left it 10 mins - joined everything up again , left it to settle down

I fear the worst - sent a test msg to a friend - and it kept showing the sending signal for ages :(

Question - is it the phone ? Is it Virgin Media or is it Meteor - the carrier Virgin use over here BUT that's at least 21 messages I'll be charged for !!

Not being paid on Thursday. I'd always assumed that if your payday landed on a bank holiday, then you always received it the last working day before it ... apparently not.

In theory, a salary should never be delivered after the date it is due, and therefore you probably should have received your money on Thursday.
Rarely happens in practice though....sadly :(

Out of interest though, banks are not allowed to take things like DD's early if the due date falls on a holiday (or indeed weekend), and so must take it on the next working day AFTER the due date.
If they do take them early, complain. Loudly. It works :)

Last edited:
In theory, a salary should never be delivered after the date it is due, and therefore you probably should have received your money on Thursday.
Rarely happens in practice though....sadly :(
Out of interest though, banks are not allowed to take things like DD's early, if the due date falls on a holiday (or indeed weekend), and so must take it on the next working day AFTER the due date.
If they do take them early, complain. Loudly. It works :)
Thanks Ruth. Pay was in today, but another thing I did find odd was their policy of sending out pay slips four weekly, despite paying weekly.

Wamt. So :), I was walking from the office along the Southbank to my train station. And I'm nearly the only idiot in a suit and a tie. Yup if you saw that character, it was me :(

Dog was out playing - tripped and has hurt her back left leg.

Gone to vets and looks like £2,500 - £3,000 on surgery:(

Sky Emails not getting through.

I only found out today when I got a call about a job, apparently they have been trying to get in touch for a couple of weeks.

Spent an hour on the phone to them only to be told to change my password and ring back if the problem persists.

Golf.

Those who play will understand!!!

Although the actual golf annoyed me, it still didn't spoil a walk in the glorious sunshine this afternoon so not all bad!

I've won the lottery 4 times I the last 4 weeks. Winning a grand total of £18; and just received another email telling me I've win again.

Every time I think, "this is it!!".

Now I know £18 it's better than nowt, but a few grand would be great :)

Right off to check how much I've won....I might not be back :banana:

Cheers.

Which reminds me I need to poke mine

A letter that was ready to go out has still not arrived with me some 3 weeks later

So my fridge decided to have an identity crisis and turned into a freezer!

Ours has been doing that for a while on any setting higher [lower?] than mildly cool, but trying to hold off buying a new one as we are looking to move house soon, and you KNOW what what happen... :confused:

I've won the lottery 4 times I the last 4 weeks. Winning a grand total of £18; and just received another email telling me I've win again.

Every time I think, "this is it!!".

Now I know £18 it's better than nowt, but a few grand would be great :)

Right off to check how much I've won....I might not be back :banana:

Cheers.

Well as you have been posting since, guess that wasn't the big one either :LOL:

raining up here whilst the southern softies get sunshine.

My fridge does the same. If it's got an icebox it usually means it's iced over to the point the box has deformed so it lets frozen air into the fridge. I just turn the fridge down a bit. Then the day is warm so I have to turn it up again!

I have given my fridge a poke in the hope it will remember that it is in fact a fridge

Also since when did fridge freezers suddenly get so expensive? Have been looking at getting a new upright fridge freezer to replace my small chest freezer and fridge, also do I go for one from John Lewis who can do expedited timed delivery for a small charge or do I go to Curry's who can deliver the same fridge freezer, no time slot, one day later for free?

Decisions decisions

The last time I went to buy a new fridge, it was very cheap... then they showed me the warranty I had to buy in order to get the cheap price. I told them to forget it as it only has three moving parts.

Steve.

I was thinking of replacing my fridge and chest freezer with an upright fridge/freezer anyway, my fridge playing up means the decision may be taken sooner rather than later

Watched two buzzards getting sorted out by a sparrowhawk.

Left the bloody camera in the car some 3/4 mile away.

Excessive use of the prefix pre.

Pre-order... means order.
Pre-existing... means existing.
Pre-visualise... means visualise.
Pre-prepared... means prepared.

Steve.

Excessive use of the prefix pre.

Pre-order... means order.
Pre-existing... means existing.
Pre-visualise... means visualise.
Pre-prepared... means prepared.

Steve.

That is irksome, I have also noticed the abundant use of 'pre-plan' I wonder who is behind all these pleonasms and why they find the need to add pre ?

Absolutely posterous IMO.

Sumptious...

Self destructing mobile phones.

Seeing 03:31 on my bedside clock. I knew I shouldn't have had a pint last night!

I had a pee but didn't say I got up... Although I did (get up for the pee, as it happens!!!) Wouldn't have minded quite so much if the cat hadn't decided that it was cuddle time so I couldn't get back to sleep until close to 5. Never mind, it beats being dead!

I had a pee but didn't say I got up... Although I did (get up for the pee, as it happens!!!) Wouldn't have minded quite so much if the cat hadn't decided that it was cuddle time so I couldn't get back to sleep until close to 5. Never mind, it beats being dead!

And said cat didn't receive a free flying lesson?

Back