WAMT....what annoyed me today!

camerassassin

if it helps, for gas, kWH = Metres cubed*1.02264*39.4/3.6

Have to say - not really - I was never great with Maths and this sort of stuff my husband always did. Thanks for the attempt though. :)

I just think it's incredible that they think they can tell me that they have had a technical problem with their billing and they don't know when it will be sorted ! But meantime they continue to expect ME to pay them each month

Yebbut - no bills since Nov ??

I've dug round in their site and managed to find my 'stuff' there - and IF it's accurate I now know my usage since Jan 2014 to the end of Jan 2015 and then roughly worked out how much that should have cost me - next thing is to see who owes who some money :)

I remain MOST irritated by this - how can they have had this problem with billing since Nov and it's still not sorted

Not gas related, but first time poster in this thread. Optician (national chain) phoned earlier in the week trying to get me to book an eye test and told me they had afternoon appointments available every day this week. So today I phoned back:

Me: Have you any appointments for this afternoon?
Them: Have you been here before?
Me: Yes
Them: Can I have your surname?
Can I have your first name?
Can I have your date of birth?
Can I have your address?
Really sorry but the computer seems to be very slow today
Is that 2012 date the last time you had your eyes tested?

Me: So have you got any appointments for today?
Them: No

And we'll go all they way through that again the next time .....................

Want a slightly odd one. But I've grown a real dislike for middle aged men with oversized Swiss Gear backpacks in the city of London. Don't know why it just annoys me.

Wamt got out of the car and my phone slipped out of my hand. Smashed the screen. And guess what, the screen protector in front is still intact yet the Apple iPhone 6+ glass behind it is shattered. Well that is the last time I get a screen protector.

The person who decided that the road opposite my house would be enhanced by the rubbish they dumped there last night.

What really p****s me off is that he/she dumped a couple of sacks. This isn't commercial waste, the tip would take it for free and you wouldn't have to go out at past 1am cover what you are doing.

Dave

Horse box drivers....try getting over 30mph in a NSL zone or pull over and let the two mile queue behind you get past....f*****g ignorant t***s.

Horse box drivers....try getting over 30mph in a NSL zone or pull over and let the two mile queue behind you get past....f*****g ignorant t***s.
Ah but horses have right of way don't cha know ? :D
And of course how many of them are actually over weight?
IIRC from my driving days, a 3.4tonner carries 4t.
A couple of horse's plus all the ancillary living accommodation, a few bails of hay, water tanks etc etc soon puts one of those small wheeled
box wagons over weight.
They only drive slowly for fear of tipping the damned thing over ;)

Even more annoying than that, the people that bimble along at 40mph for absolutely no reason (new car, good weather, clear road etc etc) on an NSL road (and no not a backroad, that I can understand).

Even more annoying than that, the people that bimble along at 40mph
And the ones that do that in all speed limits, of course, 40 in a 60, that changes to a 30 and they still do 40 :D

And the ones that do that in all speed limits, of course, 40 in a 60, that changes to a 30 and they still do 40 :D

Oh don't get me started, that makes me furious! Just shows how little care and attention they are paying.

Even more annoying are people who can't control their speed, so your journey goes 40, 50, 55, 45, 60, 40, 55.... for no reason. Or people that prod their brakes on motorways for no reason that I can think of other than checking they still work!

Or people that prod their brakes on motorways for no reason that I can think of other than checking they still work!
Because the weapons grade bell ends are on cruise control and rather than cancel the f*****g thing, the w******s stab the brakes instead....c***s.

Even more annoying than that, the people that bimble along at 40mph for absolutely no reason (new car, good weather, clear road etc etc) on an NSL road (and no not a backroad, that I can understand).
People who refuse to overtake me when I'm doing 40mph on an NSL road and just sit 2 feet from my bumper when there are ample overtaking places. If I'm in no great hurry then I will not burn more fuel than I have to as fuel is not cheap!

People who refuse to overtake me when I'm doing 40mph on an NSL road and just sit 2 feet from my bumper when there are ample overtaking places. If I'm in no great hurry then I will not burn more fuel than I have to as fuel is not cheap!
40 may well not be the most economic speed for your car and you could be using more fuel than at 50-56mph. Fuel's cheaper than a pint of beer or a short

Then pull over if it annoys you so much. I have done it when I am holding up a local on an unfamiliar road. Stops me getting annoyed and lets them carry on at the pace they want to.. Everyone wins!

40 may well not be the most economic speed for your car and you could be using more fuel than at 50-56mph. Fuel's cheaper than a pint of beer or a short

That is what I was thinking. Surely 40mph in 5th or 6th will be well out of your RPM sweetspot.

That is what I was thinking. Surely 40mph in 5th or 6th will be well out of your RPM sweetspot.
Exactly, not only is he wasting his own fuel, but that of those stuck behind him as well.

It sounds like you are trying to force people into dangerous overtake manoeuvres putting all road users at great risk or waste everyones's time and fuel. And no, going at 40 is most likely not the most economic in your car...

Because the weapons grade bell ends are on cruise control and rather than cancel the f*****g thing, the w******s stab the brakes instead....c***s.

In my car it is the only way to "cancel" CC apart from changing gear. But don't worry, a very light tap doesn't cause you to slow down any more than 0.5mph... I hope you can hold your nerves when you see something red.

Not gas related, but first time poster in this thread. Optician (national chain) phoned earlier in the week trying to get me to book an eye test and told me they had afternoon appointments available every day this week. So today I phoned back:

Me: Have you any appointments for this afternoon?
Them: Have you been here before?
Me: Yes
Them: Can I have your surname?
Can I have your first name?
Can I have your date of birth?
Can I have your address?
Really sorry but the computer seems to be very slow today
Is that 2012 date the last time you had your eyes tested?

Me: So have you got any appointments for today?
Them: No

And we'll go all they way through that again the next time .....................

Maybe between them calling you and you calling back, other folk booked the appointments for today.:LOL:

If you'd have booked today for a different day, you wouldn't have to repeat the palaver. :)

That is very typical of most older drivers, probably all the way in 2nd gear. Was it the norm back in the day or just lack of proper training, and lack of suitable enforcement?

Wamt got out of the car and my phone slipped out of my hand. Smashed the screen. And guess what, the screen protector in front is still intact yet the Apple iPhone 6+ glass behind it is shattered. Well that is the last time I get a screen protector.

They're to protect them from scratches in day to day use and pocket carriage. ..not droppage :LOL:

They're to protect them from scratches in day to day use and pocket carriage. ..not droppage :LOL:

TPU gel case for less than a fiver takes care of that. I don't bother with 'protectors' since the glass is now very scratch resistant in modern phones, however keys and coins must live in another pocket...

Phone lives in a shirt pocket, well away from anything else. It's also on a lanyard to defeat Gravity when it tries to take control. Also in a case - cheaper than insurance!

Other than the continued unnecessary exercise of changing to BST, it's too early to be annoyed by anything yet.

Even more annoying are people who can't control their speed, so your journey goes 40, 50, 55, 45, 60, 40, 55.... for no reason
I'm with you on that, or those that do 65 on a motorway, you catch them pull out to overtake, and before you know it, you are both doing 75.
Why do some people have to accelerate when they are being overtaken?

Or slowdown when a car comes towards you on a normal road. You know the type that hit their brakes every time.

I'm all up for a retest every four years.

Reactions: Nod
If you'd have booked today for a different day, you wouldn't have to repeat the palaver. :)

Undoubtedly true Ruth, but the way things are workwise just now it is difficult to say that I can be in town at a certain time on a certain day. The other thing is that they're phoning previous customers as they are losing out to Asda and Tesco who sell specs at about half the price, and that's why they had spare appointments. All eyetests are free in Scotland, so that isn't an issue, but all she had to say was that they had no appointments for that afternoon and offered the chance to book for another day without going through all the palaver. :rolleyes:

Or slowdown when a car comes towards you on a normal road. You know the type that hit their brakes every time.
Usually in the middle of a bend too. Don't mind them unsettling their suspension and putting themselves in a ditch, but don't put me in the same predicament.

In my car it is the only way to "cancel" CC apart from changing gear.
You sure about that?...Seems very odd, every car/wagon I have ever driven nas a cancel function around the steering wheel.

But don't worry, a very light tap doesn't cause you to slow down any more than 0.5mph... I hope you can hold your nerves when you see something red.

The problem is that the car behind you,generally too close and on CC,sees the brake light and taps his,this goes on down the lane and a concertina effect happens. The lane slows for no reason other than people dabbing their brakes to knock cc off.

Why do some people have to accelerate when they are being overtaken?
I just seem to get the people who start to overtake and run out of steam as they get alongside me, when I'm catching up with a vehicle in front of me and need to overtake, but now can't move out. It happens all too often.
The ones that really bug me are those who can't maintain speed when they come across even the slightest incline. I travel on a dual carriageway to and from work. On the way home there is a 1/4 mile long slight incline, followed by a short dip followed by a short steeper incline but by no means really steep. It's not unusual to approach the first incline at 70, move to the outside lane to overtake the slower vehicles, only to have to slow to 40 in some cases because someone couldn't maintain their speed. Fortunately I'm always travelling in the opposite direction to the rush hour traffic, but when I drive, in the opposite direction, past that section in the morning, that section almost comes to a standstill and causes a tailback for a couple of miles.

Usually in the middle of a bend too. Don't mind them unsettling their suspension and putting themselves in a ditch, but don't put me in the same predicament.
Sounds like you are too close behind as you should safely at all times be able to come to a complete halt within the gap between you and the car in front.

As an alternative to having a retest every 4 years I think they should just ban all vehicles from overtaking unless they have more than 297Hp as standard and are below 3 tonne in weight.

Simple and effective.

Sounds like you are too close behind as you should safely at all times be able to come to a complete halt within the gap between you and the car in front.
Oh I'm sure he can. Just a totally unnecessary manoeuvre on a road with flowing traffic.

I'm all up for a retest every four years.

Never going to happen.
The DSA can't even keep up with the current demand for new driver practical tests.

Back