WAMT....what annoyed me today!

The only saving (no pun intended :) ) grace for me is that since Covid, is that I am not spending loads of money on my sons and I to go to rock concerts or watch motor racing, so I have lots more money to earn 0.5% interest.
0.5% is good, I have seen some paying just 0.1%.

0.1% is awful and you should be doing better. I dedicate one day a month to looking at income and outgoings and trying to stay ahead, I see it as a days work :D My spending is currently in the region of £1k a month.

When I first stopped working for money my net worth actually continued to grow for the first few years but as interest rates continued to slide I went from growth to just about breaking even to my money decreasing every month. Not that it matters as I'm lucky enough to be comfortable but I do get satisfaction from juggling the accounts and spending and trying to stay in the black but it's just impossible now without taking risks.

I'll get a company pension next May and they're due to write to me this December about it so I'm looking forward to just about breaking even again :D

I get that too, and still call it taking the p***!

There is even talk of negative interest being applied by some banks ( ie you pay them for spending your money)
That's the point it comes out and goes under the mattress ...

I have an ex who collects paintings. The amount she'll spend is eye watering but she may have a point.

Like most(not all) I’ve done as asked. I’ve gone to work because I can’t work at home, work is rapidly falling off a cliff so going to work isn’t going to be happening every day soon. I take the dog for a walk, that’s it. I work on my own so most definitely social distance from anyone and everyone. My wife has pretty mush self isolated herself since March.

I feel like we’re spitting into the wind. The roads are heaving when I go to work(not rush hours), cars everywhere. Outside school gates are busy, I see lots of people visiting others, don’t give me that bubble crap either, workmen in properties.

I’m beginning to think if you can’t beat them, join them. I’ve just wasted another 4 weeks of my life for bugger all. My wife’s time is limited too, we’ve got things we want to do while we are both able too but haven’t.

It’s just s***

We've pretty much isolated since the start of this although we do go shopping and Mrs WW goes to her class. It's frustrating to see reports of illegal raves and packed pubs and the like but more worrying when people won't social distance in the street or when shopping and it's especial disappointing for me to see the young acting as if they just don't think anything's wrong.

It's easy to believe it wont happen to us or even that it's all some great conspiracy to enable The Great Reset but I tend to live on Planet earth and the window cleaner tells us that there are several cases of C19 in our road.

Re negative interest rates, which I don't think will happen btw but it begs the question why credit card rates are between 18-20% APR when the Bank rate is .25%.
Absolutely ridiculous isn't it?
And some of these adverts of TV ( not seen any lately though) for CC's with a massive interest rate ..
And those that advertise that they will accept anyone, its those that are probably already financially vulnerable, that will take up these offers.
Its just encourages more debt for those that can't afford it :(

We've pretty much isolated since the start of this although we do go shopping and Mrs WW goes to her class. It's frustrating to see reports of illegal raves and packed pubs and the like but more worrying when people won't social distance in the street or when shopping and it's especial disappointing for me to see the young acting as if they just don't think anything's wrong.

It's easy to believe it wont happen to us or even that it's all some great conspiracy to enable The Great Reset but I tend to live on Planet earth and the window cleaner tells us that there are several cases of C19 in our road.

to be fair, it’s not just the young who don’t care. One of the culprits for expanding our local COVID count was a bingo meet packed with pensioners!

COVID is real, I now know of a fair few that have had it or died from it. Most of the people who’ve died had lots of other issues too.

When the last lockdown ended, an old guy (87 yrs old) from a few doors down knocked on my door. He didn’t keep any distance when my wife answered. I went outside to see him, keeping my distance to see what he wanted. The silly old tit had only had a COVID test and wanted me to register it online because he couldn’t get through on the phone and didn’t want to put his son at risk (cheeky b*****d). We’d isolated for weeks and he put us at risk. Luckily his test was negative but the elderly have no concept of this either.
Apparently the old buggers we’re having meetings outside the post office and having get togethers.

Like most(not all) I’ve done as asked. I’ve gone to work because I can’t work at home, work is rapidly falling off a cliff so going to work isn’t going to be happening every day soon. I take the dog for a walk, that’s it. I work on my own so most definitely social distance from anyone and everyone. My wife has pretty mush self isolated herself since March.

I feel like we’re spitting into the wind. The roads are heaving when I go to work(not rush hours), cars everywhere. Outside school gates are busy, I see lots of people visiting others, don’t give me that bubble crap either, workmen in properties.

I’m beginning to think if you can’t beat them, join them. I’ve just wasted another 4 weeks of my life for bugger all. My wife’s time is limited too, we’ve got things we want to do while we are both able too but haven’t.

It’s just s***

Not round here - roads are quieter than school holidays by quite a way, and for school gates, what do you propose primary school kids do, have 6 or 7 yo walking home alone? They are probably busier as people have to pick their own up and cant get them going home with other parents.

Not round here - roads are quieter than school holidays by quite a way, and for school gates, what do you propose primary school kids do, have 6 or 7 yo walking home alone? They are probably busier as people have to pick their own up and cant get them going home with other parents.
I propose parents don’t congregate and have a natter outside the school and keep social distancing. Don’t say it doesn’t happen , I saw it outside 2 schools yesterday and it boiled my blood. You’re also welcome to look at our town centres that have been busy with groups congregating. I travel to and from work at all times of the day and the roads are busy, too busy for lockdown. They all aren’t travelling for work either.

The plain fact is, if lockdown works it’s the people ignoring it that have put my county on tier 3.COVID hasn’tcontinued to spread without help.

It’s just s***
People have to work

People have to work

Only essential work in people’s homes. I don’t class things like decorating as essential.
This mentality is part of the reason lockdown is in infinite circle untilhopefully the vaccines work and actually appear.

Only essential work in people’s homes. I don’t class things like decorating as essential.
This mentality is part of the reason lockdown is in infinite circle untilhopefully the vaccines work and actually appear.
I’m not sure there is any rule around essential work in the home. Tradesmen are allowed to carry on working in peoples homes as long as they stick to the social distancing guidelines. So decorating, bathroom/kitchen fitting is all fine as is moving house.

Last edited:
It's interesting. We're having an oven & hob delivered and installed tomorrow.
I’d think if your old one had broken, you need to cook food

I’m not sure there is any rule around essential work in the home. Tradesmen are allowed to carry on working in peoples homes as long as they stick to the social distancing guidelines. So decorating, bathroom/kitchen fitting is all fine as is moving house.

That may be so but common sense should prevail.
This just shows what a f*** up rules for lockdown 1 & 2 has been. We either don’t want to spread this or we want the world to carry on as normal.

You have your opinion and I have mine. COVID is real, I’ve seen it first hand. If you think it isn’t maybe you should all be shown the unfortunate people on ventilators.
I don’t want to put my wife or others at risk for trivial things so I do all I can. It’s just a shame we all aren’t doing the same. When you all go to kiss and hug your family from other households at Christmas I hope it’s not the last time you do it. In reality it will be for some and they may well be the cause of it.

edit wife not wire.

Last edited:
I don’t want to put my wire or others at risk for trivial things so I do all I can. It’s just a shame we all aren’t doing the same. When you all go to kiss and hug your family from other households at Christmas I hope it’s not the last time you do it. In reality it will be for some and they may well be the cause of it.

Yup. Better safe than sorry, IMVHO.

No, old one hasn't broken (yet)
Right that's it, I'm calling the goon squad !

They maybe awhile though, they have been out in force this week with the Talivan's.
I guess its that time of year they need to start funding their ( socially distanced) Christmas do (y)

I’d think if your old one had broken, you need to cook food

That may be so but common sense should prevail.
This just shows what a f*** up rules for lockdown 1 & 2 has been. We either don’t want to spread this or we want the world to carry on as normal.

You have your opinion and I have mine. COVID is real, I’ve seen it first hand. If you think it isn’t maybe you should all be shown the unfortunate people on ventilators.
I don’t want to put my wife or others at risk for trivial things so I do all I can. It’s just a shame we all aren’t doing the same. When you all go to kiss and hug your family from other households at Christmas I hope it’s not the last time you do it. In reality it will be for some and they may well be the cause of it.

edit wife not wire.
I wasn’t giving my opinion I was just saying what the rules were. No issues with you taking responsibility for your family. We too are having Christmas on our own (to be honest I’m quite looking forward to it!)

I test and develop engines at Ford's Research and Development Centre. The engine I am working on is a customers engine that had a recurring pre-ignition fault that kept putting the car into limp mode. The dealer couldn't find the fault as their equipment is limited to what we have in a dyno cell. So the customer has been given a replacement engine and we are running various tests trying to see if we can replicate the problem and find what is causing it to prevent it happening to other cars.
Initially I thought it might be something to do with what the owner has been doing with the car, the engine is just 2 years old, no idea how many miles it has done, but it is filthy, it looks more like it's been sitting out in a field, rather than under the bonnet of a car.
Interesting, never a dull day I imagine. Thanks.

Schools should be staggering the start and finish times so that parents aren't crowding the school gates.

Schools should be staggering the start and finish times so that parents aren't crowding the school gates.
My granddaughters primary school does stagger the start/end times, unfortunately those parents who have children in more than one year have to hang around.

My granddaughters primary school does stagger the start/end times, unfortunately those parents who have children in more than one year have to hang around.
That is obviously acceptable, it's when all the other parents hang around needlessly just chatting.
On that subject, I did see a couple of women today who had quite rightly moved away from the school gates to have their chat. Annoying thing was they had decided the best place to stand (with their kids) and have their chat should be the entrance to the petrol station forecourt that I wanted to pull into, they didn't even move, I had to drive around them.

Last edited:
Ours certainly are, for someone as socially retarded as myself it’s brilliant... face mask on, avoid eye contact in and out in less than a minute, job done. Personally I hope they keep it up if/when this mess is over and done with :)

A couple of weeks ago my Sky HD box froze and wouldn't clear
So I found a replacement online at a reasonable price put the phone down and
it started working again,
Decided to let the order continue, should have been here Monday, but nothing
till I phoned yesterday to be told they were posting put the afternoon.
It arrived today, stank of cigarette smoke and the bottom was rusty, plugged it without
wiring it up to dish, standby light came on, so left for a few minutes tried to start it
and nothing !!!
So it's gone back and I have to rethink what to do next

It arrived today, stank of cigarette smoke and the bottom was rusty, plugged it without
wiring it up to dish, standby light came on, so left for a few minutes tried to start it
and nothing !!!
If I recall correctly, you thought the HDD was faulty, you could always try replacing it if you are comfortable taking things like PCs apart? There is a lot of info on the www covering how to do it, depending upon which box you have. I believe they use SATA drives, the challenge might be finding one with the right capacity as they are quite small.

Last edited:
If I recall correctly, you thought the HDD was faulty, you could always try replacing it if you are comfortable taking things like PCs apart? There is a lot of info on the www covering how to do it, depending upon which box you have. I believe they use SATA drives, the challenge might be finding one with the right capacity as they are quite small.

Yes I did suspect the HD , at the moment it has been behaving.
I spent ages getting the satelitte coax back into the connectors I'd forgotten how easily
they pull out !!!
Might have a word with my local TV shop when they open again, they are pretty good
with most things

and nothing !!!

I have one, been sat doing nothing since I got Q 2 years ago. It worked fine last time it was used and happy to let you have it for just the postage cost if you like?

I have one, been sat doing nothing since I got Q 2 years ago. It worked fine last time it was used and happy to let you have it for just the postage cost if you like?

Thanks for the offer, at the moment mine is working ok and I have found some brand new ones at a reasonable price,
going to see how things go for the moment but might come back to you
It's very god of you (y) :)

Parcels 2 go ...
A delivery was notified for today.

I got an email this morning telling me that it had been delivered.
Check tracking details ..
"Delivered safely to customer 8pm! ( yesterday)
I went out side and there was a soggy ( its been foggy and damp here for a couple of days) cardboard box leaning on my door step.
Luckily the items inside were waterproof, but the twatt of a driver didn't know that.
Plus they were notified of a "safe place" if there was no answer.
I'm sure they never knocked either, as I was in..

Feedback reads .. items OK courier is a twatt

Just got back from Tesco for weekly shop. Picked up a PS4 game that my son wants for Christmas, boxes are empty which you have to take to customer services and they get the game. Unpacking shopping, the woman has given me a game for PS5. :(

Just got back from Tesco for weekly shop. Picked up a PS4 game that my son wants for Christmas, boxes are empty which you have to take to customer services and they get the game. Unpacking shopping, the woman has given me a game for PS5. :(

At least you noticed now rather than at Christmas!

Parcels 2 go ...
A delivery was notified for today.

I got an email this morning telling me that it had been delivered.
Check tracking details ..
"Delivered safely to customer 8pm! ( yesterday)
I went out side and there was a soggy ( its been foggy and damp here for a couple of days) cardboard box leaning on my door step.
Luckily the items inside were waterproof, but the twatt of a driver didn't know that.
Plus they were notified of a "safe place" if there was no answer.
I'm sure they never knocked either, as I was in..

Feedback reads .. items OK courier is a twatt

"like" was for feedback ...

Amazon, or rather today’s excuse for a delivery driver. Stood in the house this morning and heard a loud thud from by the front door, looked out the window and we had had a delivery the downside was the driver was stood it next doors garden and had thrown said package over the fence :banghead::banghead:

Could you imagine him opening that first, looking at it, and then jumping to the conclusion that he is getting a PS5?! How to ruin a kid's Christmas morning!
He's 29, not so much a kid. :)
Just took the game back, no PS4 version in stock. :( Also had to exchange a microwave I bought in Tesco as well, the door was loose and didn't look like it would seal properly. Unlike earlier when we walked straight in, this time I had to queue.

At least you noticed now rather than at Christmas!
I didn't notice, my other son did. I was beginning to think I had picked up a PS5 box off the shelf by mistake, but having just been to try and exchange it, the empty PS4 box was still at the customer services desk from earlier.

I didn't notice, my other son did. I was beginning to think I had picked up a PS5 box off the shelf by mistake, but having just been to try and exchange it, the empty PS4 box was still at the customer services desk from earlier.

Did you manage to get the right one?

Did you manage to get the right one?
Nope, none in stock. Not the first time I have tried to buy a game in Tesco, pick up a box from the shelf and then they say they have none in stock.

We've had a lot of problems with our neighbours over the years but things have sort of settled down as we ignore them and hope and expect they'll ignore us too.

When I go into the back garden to me they just don't exist but Mrs WW wont venture out if they're there. I've seen Mrs next door peeking over the fence before and yesterday saw their 20-something son having a peak at Mrs WW as she sat at the dining room table at her studies. It was more than a peak really and more a full on stare as he was stood in the corner of their property clearly looking at her from 12 feet away, he pulled back quickly as I entered the room and came into view but not before we had eye contact. She's lived with me for four years now so you'd think the novelty would have worn off but yesterdays peaking over the fence was just blatant. She likes to sit there with the blinds open for the light but sadly that also means she's in clear view if anyone wants to look over the fence in that corner and into our house.

He used to do this years ago when he was younger, he also use to stare in from the front of the house too. To me he's more than a little... strange. It's all a bit worrying but overall I think a bit of perving or curiosity from a rather odd (IMO) 20 something would be preferable to anything even remotely racist which is one reason I'm sort of glad she doesn't go out if next door are in the garden just in case anything is said. I'd hate them to say anything offensive.

I've thought about putting some tubs of something along the fence to act as a bit of a screen but that'll cut down on the light.

There's always something in life to worry about.

Back