WAMT....what annoyed me today!

Bernie Ecclestone on Sepp Blatter and the FIFA corruption saga. What a complete tool.

The usual traffic chaos caused by the great West run. The city centre was closed in and hard to reach even as a pedestrian. Allegedly it brings loads of business to the city centre but the restaurants, cafés and shops were all noticeably quieter than usual on a Sunday. It would help if the (dis?)organisers could decide when it's going to be and let affected businesses know the dates a couple of years ahead - the workshop at Mrs Nod's studio went ahead even though only one person managed to get through in time but had she known a couple of years ago when the workshop was booked, she would have booked the studio as closed so others weren't inconvenienced. Worst thing was that we couldn't get to the pub for Sunday lunch...

Looking at cameras to buy even though I'm quite happy with the little X10 that I have.

I started off looking at APS-C mirrorless cameras which is quite reasonable, but somehow ended up looking at medium format film compacts.
:thinking:

Thankfully I came to my senses in time and was "back in the room" before any purchases were made.

A close one! :D

Last edited:
Part that was supposed to be in today to fix non working hot water hasn't arrived. Now it won't arrive until tomorrow. I'm sceptical as checking large plumbing retailer for that part is showing 7-10 days as availability with none of them anywhere in stock locally for the nearest 10 stores....

Flying to Amsterdam this afternoon...but will then immediately be driving down to an industrial area in Utrecht...Booooooooooo :(

Next door constantly revving up little offroad bikes. Hours of it every day. They're driving them on the road too (no MOT etc, they're a purely offroad type).
People have complained, nothing being done yet though. I'm not even sure if the noise issue falls under anything in the daytime, so unless the police come back and catch them using them on the road, nothing is likely to change.

Next door constantly revving up little offroad bikes. Hours of it every day. They're driving them on the road too (no MOT etc, they're a purely offroad type).
People have complained, nothing being done yet though. I'm not even sure if the noise issue falls under anything in the daytime, so unless the police come back and catch them using them on the road, nothing is likely to change.

I sent photos of a nearby neighbours' son on the road on his non road legal bike after having already reported it a few times.
The photos seemed to do the trick.
A few days later, the local finest were on his doorstep.
When he did it again, they took the bike.

Reactions: BBR
Canadian politics.:rolleyes:

The entire friggin' day.

a cold morning on the train and the usual numpties get on and open all the windows so we're all sitting round in a hurricane of cold wind for 40 minutes. They dont even ask anyone close to them if they mind.

a cold morning on the train and the usual numpties get on and open all the windows so we're all sitting round in a hurricane of cold wind for 40 minutes.
You have to feel sorry for the office types as that is probably all the fresh air they get ;)

I'm an office numpty but with no office for a few days.

WAMT....Hospitals....doctors.....needles.....

Had a tracking device fitted to the van a couple of days ago, no idea what the reason is but apparently they monitor driving as well.
So why the hell does the damn thing beep when you are doing 30 in a 40 limit, beep when you pull off gently from parked and stay on red when
parked up.
They are fitted in the R/H bottom corner of the windscreen, bright LEDs so damn distracting, and noe one knows why or what exactly is being monitored by who !!!

Had a tracking device fitted to the van a couple of days ago, no idea what the reason is but apparently they monitor driving as well.
So why the hell does the damn thing beep when you are doing 30 in a 40 limit, beep when you pull off gently from parked and stay on red when
parked up.
They are fitted in the R/H bottom corner of the windscreen, bright LEDs so damn distracting, and noe one knows why or what exactly is being monitored by who !!!

Someone knows, you just don't have a need to know...that's the whole point :p

I usually carry a cloth to wipe down the windscreen and I usually carry it in the bottom right hand corner of the windscreen, that should get rid of the distracting lights.
After I had a tracker fitted to one of my vans, I was told by the fitter, NOT to put a strong magnet in the glove box, as it screws it up ( it was mounted behind the glove box)
Do you have need of a strong magnet by any chance? :D

I usually carry a cloth to wipe down the windscreen and I usually carry it in the bottom right hand corner of the windscreen, that should get rid of the distracting lights.
After I had a tracker fitted to one of my vans, I was told by the fitter, NOT to put a strong magnet in the glove box, as it screws it up ( it was mounted behind the glove box)
Do you have need of a strong magnet by any chance? :D

A dark sticker hid the lights for today ;)
Yes I do have magnets, ............................... I wonder, did you try it ?

A dark sticker hid the lights for today ;)
(y)

Yes I do have magnets, ............................... I wonder, did you try it ?
Not me personally, but one guy got a message to say that they were sending a technician to site, as his tracker didn't seem to be transmitting ...... :D

Oh and the "excuse" for fitting them was that as we work in isolated area's at times ( previous employer) it was for our own safety,
if the van wasn't moving when it should be etc ;)

Heard a couple of rumours, one sounds more likely as it seems they are fitting the higher mileage vehicles and because I look after mine it does get used
most afternoons for collections, effectively doubling the mileage.
Don't mind them tracking/monitoring me as long as the damn thing works properly and gathers the correct info,
it's the bright lights right in your line of vision, would be hell in the dark, why couldn't they fit them on the opposite side.
I am actually going to email our top bod and ask her ;)

single carriageway residential roads when encountering legally parked vehicles. If my side is clear, i may not proceed in the face of oncoming traffic "because I have a problem"

Just looked at the best before date of a nan I bought today and had for dinner, thought it was a Meh and the date is 25th August 2015

Heard a couple of rumours, one sounds more likely as it seems they are fitting the higher mileage vehicles and because I look after mine it does get used
most afternoons for collections, effectively doubling the mileage.
Don't mind them tracking/monitoring me as long as the damn thing works properly and gathers the correct info,
it's the bright lights right in your line of vision, would be hell in the dark, why couldn't they fit them on the opposite side.
I am actually going to email our top bod and ask her ;)

Bit of black insulation tape over the light?

Charlie Veitch - Cock:rolleyes:

some of the stuff that C4 News churn out everyday annoys me ....... but I still watch it

plus a woman in the seat behind us on our flight back to Southampton ...... seemed to think that everyone should hear what she had to say to her "sprog"

some of the stuff that C4 News churn out everyday annoys me ....... but I still watch it

plus a woman in the seat behind us on our flight back to Southampton ...... seemed to think that everyone should hear what she had to say to her "sprog"

Jesus, do you never stop travelling?

Jesus, do you never stop travelling?

something I've always done ..... if it were left to me we would do a lot more .... that's what you can do if you are retired ...... we "sold up" in the UK and decided to travel around more ...... I would quite happily live in S Africa for 4 months of the year ..... Dec to April period ...... but at least next Jan year I have managed to persuade my wife that 7 weeks is OK ........ she reckons that I should start taking a long holiday each year on my own!!!!

something I've always done ..... if it were left to me we would do a lot more .... that's what you can do if you are retired ...... we "sold up" in the UK and decided to travel around more ...... I would quite happily live in S Africa for 4 months of the year ..... Dec to April period ...... but at least next Jan year I have managed to persuade my wife that 7 weeks is OK ........ she reckons that I should start taking a long holiday each year on my own!!!!
:D:D

WAMT...Stephen Fry quitting QI :(
Sandy Toksvig taking over.

WELL THIS HAS CHEERED ME UP NO END! Better pop over to the other thread.......

The most narcissistic man on British TV ..........Our airwaves would be a much better place without his particular brand of odious dogma.

the click of death on my hard drive with al my music and photos, piled on top of a rather naff week in terms of my mental health

Power usb lead on my Amazon Fire Stick is 8 inches too short to make it to the power supply.............

The woman who was stood in the same rather long queue as me who thought it was OK to just wonder off every so often to get some more stuff and just re-join the queue at the point she left

thought it was OK to just wonder off every so often to get some more stuff and just re-join the queue at the point she left
Good of you to save her place, very public spirited of you (y)
:D

I would have (and have done so) moved her trolley out of the queue.

Back