WAMT....what annoyed me today!

Some in this thread may also wish to familiarize themselves with the law with regard to making racially aggravated comments be they the written word or verbally expressed.

Posting a rant in a thread entitled What Annoyed Me Today and making reference to a persons country of origin could be persevered as a racially aggravated comment

I will not be commenting further on this as I have said all I ave to say

Making a comment regarding nationality does not pertain to race.
Very different in context and in law.

the news that one of his snapshots won a photography competition....
beam me off this fourm, scottie

"Oi still rekkin Mrs Nod's furren, 'er being frum Sheffield an' all!"

Just so you know, strikethrough doesn't show up on the app.

No, a little to the West and just a touch to the South. :p

Arrrrrrgggghhhhh! Get yer fekin face oot ya mobile and watch where yer fekin going!!!!!!!!

Like the suipsycholist I saw earlier riding no handed and texting. I reckon we motorists should be rewarded for removing people like that from the roads... (That's not entirely meant seriously, BTW.)

WAMT was having to keep the driver's window down on Mrs Nod's car as I was taking it down to have its brake light switch replaced. In the persisting rain. :( Had Mrs Nod behind me as a mobile block for other cars but needed to let her know when I was slowing down! Nice and toasty on the way home though - window up and brake lights restored.

I would have fixed that myself.....

Posting a rant in a thread entitled What Annoyed Me Today and making reference to a persons country of origin could be persevered as a racially aggravated comment
It might be perceived as well. ;)

I'd have fixed it myself also, but failing that, just switch the lights on every time I braked to simulate a brake light.
LOL yep done that before BUT I would not want to suggest it for safety reasons;):rolleyes:

I would have fixed that myself.....

IF I had a lift at home, was 25 or so years younger, an experienced gynaecologist, had 3 arms, one of which was long enough (and flexible enough!) to reach from the footwell to the underbonnet side of the pedal box and one of which had an eye on one of the fingers, I would have done it myself. Unfortunately, I have none of those attributes!

I'd have fixed it myself also, but failing that, just switch the lights on every time I braked to simulate a brake light.

The lights were already on since the weather was so crappy and wet.

Ignoring Chris's comment!!!

But it's a car, fixing it is fun.
I agree but if you are stinking rich, ( like Nod) its more fun watching someone else do it :D

I'm not stinking. I had a shower last week! As I said, IF I could have done it, I would have done it. Besides, it is Mrs Nod's car so she pays for the work! I did try to get at it but couldn't even get into the footwell to see the bloody thing. I expect Mrs Nod could have if we'd had to.

IF I had a lift at home, was 25 or so years younger, an experienced gynaecologist, had 3 arms, one of which was long enough (and flexible enough!) to reach from the footwell to the underbonnet side of the pedal box and one of which had an eye on one of the fingers, I would have done it myself. Unfortunately, I have none of those attributes!

The lights were already on since the weather was so crappy and wet.

Ignoring Chris's comment!!!
That sounds overly complicated, much easier with a simple plunger switch that bolts above the brake pedal. As for the lights already being on, use the rear fog lights. ;)

Some in this thread may also wish to familiarize themselves with the law with regard to making racially aggravated comments be they the written word or verbally expressed.

That was a good suggestion. I've done some reading.

The Crown Prosecution Service adopts the definition of a racist incident which arose in the Stephen Lawrence Inquiry Report of 1999. [Ref] Basically a racist incident is "any incident which is perceived to be racist by the victim or any other person".

Note the very interesting thing about this definition: there is no minimum requirement for intelligence, cultural sensitivity, understanding, or common sense in the person who might perceive something to be racist.

In other words, if a cloth-eared total idiot with a chip on his shoulder says something is racist, then it is.

Thanks for helping us clear that up.

That sounds overly complicated, much easier with a simple plunger switch that bolts above the brake pedal. As for the lights already being on, use the rear fog lights. ;)

It is! Using the fog light switch did occur to me but it is far quicker to stick an arm out through the window to signal than find the fog light switch instantly.

Note the very interesting thing about this definition: there is no minimum requirement for intelligence, cultural sensitivity, understanding, or common sense in the person who might perceive something to be racist.
In civil cases, there is a concept (established by precedent) of the 'reasonable man'.
I would expect a judge considering the above definition would apply the same criteria. It is important to remember that courts don't always follow statute literally and judges have some discretion over interpretation.

Even a decent quality grill is still a bit rubbish at grilling...or I am...think I'll stick to frying and baking!

Even a decent quality grill is still a bit rubbish at grilling...or I am...think I'll stick to frying and baking!
Get a build in BBQ. It's the best :)

What wrong with people. Can belief the people working, nor Yodels lame statement. Unbelievable.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/watch-yodel-workers-carelessly-throw-10632739

A lot of couriers are that careless. It's quite normal to jump up and down on parcels in a cage to make them fit. That's why I always pack things assuming they'll be chucked down a flight of stairs...

Yodel are pathetic in their response but that's not surprising. There was a dispatches programme about couriers and many of them were just as dreadful.

I just don't get why anyone would do that. It's such an alien concept to me, and I'd pull a colleague up on it if I saw them do that.

WAMT - Bloody gym is xlosed on Fri and Sat!:exit:

OK I decided as another Christmas present to myself I would buy a new office chair as the one I currently have is now beyond repairing/saving & is very uncomfortable to sit on.

So off I browser to eBuyer, find a nice chair and add it to my basket, go to select next working day delivery & I note they want to charge me £16.54

Now I know this is not the normal price they would charge for a large package, so I check their prices page and sure enough the delivery price for next working day is only £8.99

I have fired them off a message asking them why the discrepancy and can they make sure I only pay the £8.99 if I order the chair.

WAMT - Bloody gym is xlosed on Fri and Sat!:exit:
The gym I go to is closed Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Fridays shoulder workout will go along with tomorrows Leg workout. Saturday and Sunday are rest days for me anyway so no problem there.

Oh cock there is a nail in the side wall of my front tyre. Only done about 2K miles on them, grrr

Oh cock there is a nail in the side wall of my front tyre. Only done about 2K miles on them, grrr

Could have been worse, there could have been a cock on the side of your nail!

Last edited:
Could have been worse, there could have been a cock on the side of your nail!
Or worse still a nail in the side of his c.............
Nope, can't write it, my eyes are watering just thinking about it.

Whatever you do, don't Google ampalang... ;)

I did warn you all!!!

Back