WAMT....what annoyed me today!

I don't think other shoppers view those who are checked as dodgy.
Most of them seem relieved it wasn't them being inconvenienced.
I've never seen them catch anything obviously naughty, though I did once see someone who needed staff help after somehow messing up price checking and billing themselves for a load of items not in the bags.

I don't know how others feel about Scan and Shop spot checks but it doesn't bother me at all. I never feel the staff think I'm a thief, its just a check.

I don't think other shoppers view those who are checked as dodgy.

Dave

I would hope not. I think it would make me feel a bit awkward though.

The spot checks appear to be generated (don't know how - random or perhaps every 10th customer) by the software running the tills, so it seems it is pure luck (or bad luck) if you are chosen.

Dave

I don't go near scan and shop. I have enough issues with the self check outs, I'd have a criminal record in no time if I tried to use that system :D

I can't see any problem with this. If it makes you uncomfortable, go to a cashier or get your stuff delivered. Waitrose do click and collect too, but I don't know if this is available from other supermarkets.

I can't see any problem with this. If it makes you uncomfortable, go to a cashier or get your stuff delivered. Waitrose do click and collect too, but I don't know if this is available from other supermarkets.
Tesco's do, but I believe there is a charge for click and collect.
Not a problem for me, I drive past a couple on the way home from work (y)

I would hope not. I think it would make me feel a bit awkward though.

Let me make it clear, I went for ages without ever getting checked, it's a random thing that the checkout software does,
just recently it seems to happen more often, but if they didn't the system would be open for abuse and prices
would rise to pay for it.
When it all goes without hitch it is a great time saving thing

Last edited:
Am I the only one who always feels a momentary stab of panic when I'm selected for a re-scan, even though I'm 100% confident that everything scanned properly?

Last edited:
Wanna borrow mine? He's a stone cold killer.
Thanks, I have one very experienced hunter and one adolescent but both currently useless. I wish no harm to the feathered gits just leave my cherries alone as they are very delicious.

When we went away, we had plenty of almost ripe cherries. When we got home, we had loads of little piles of cherry stones and happy birds! Fortunately, where we were, we could get a kilo of cherries for €1.5 so had had our fill of 'em!

Years ago, I got a ticket for parking on double yellows outside the local chippie.
Went tonight and spent ages finding a parking space.
There were lots of cars parked on the double yellows, 2 had their wheels on the pavement.
Traffic police turned up, parked on the double yellows, walked past all the cars and went into the chippie.

Finding out the shares I sold for £14.75 each six months ago are now at £24.80.

A widow has been stripped of her nest egg by her local council because she saved too much of her pension.

A perfect indictment of our caring sharing society. Forward, Together my arse.

F***ing ebay!!!

Listed a lens, sold this morning but a dodgy transaction (on top of a crap interface)

Well, WBAMFTPTW (Whats been annoying me for the past two weeks)

Lettings agent & Landlord. We only have a wet room in our current rental property, its been cutting out now for 2 weeks while showering. To start with some idiot property manager decided he could diagnose the fault over the phone, and decided it was the shower switch... It wasn't and it wasted 4 days in the process, he then ignored the follow up fault report for 3 days until i emailed the area manager and he had to call me on sunday night.
At this moment the landlord is saying that the quote from Haybrook is too much and wants to send his own man out. Its getting beyond a joke now.

Does it really need a lot of signs or do people think its ok to lean out of a train window?
I admit I’ve done it but only when the train’s going slowly and I’ve always kept a careful watch ahead.

So no personal responsibility these days? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-49016151
At first read, I'm flabbergasted by the following statements:

a sign saying not to lean out was not displayed clearly enough
there was also no-one on the train to monitor the use of the window at the time
So not only do they need a "more clearly displayed sign", there needs to be someone to watch people use the windows? What planet does this guy live on?

So not only do they need a "more clearly displayed sign", there needs to be someone to watch people use the windows?
The mind boggles it truly does :(

Judge Jeffrey Pegden QC, at Southwark Crown Court, said while there was a warning sticker on the door, it was "jumbled" around other notices.
What's the betting all those other warning notices were there by order of the Rail Regulator?

What's the betting all those other warning notices were there by order of the Rail Regulator?

And that's the thing, we are so blinded by signs and rules that many probably miss the important ones, although as I said, it pretty much is common sense.

as I said, it pretty much is common sense.
The problem is, it's not very common. I saw first hand why they decided to put solenoid locks on manual carriage doors; a guy (presumably late for something) opened the door and hopped out onto the platform while the decelerating train was still doing 30-40mph. There was a second or so of uncontrolled windmilling of limbs before he cannoned into a lady head first, knocking her to the floor. When I got out and headed back past them on the way to the exit, he was getting a right bollocking from a railway official. Both people appeared to be hurt.

My blender blowing up this morning.
I mean, it was only 18 years old.......

Last one I blew up was 100% my fault - well, mine and senor Mojito's need for crushed ice!

Hope the recovery's going as expected.

I mourned for the couple of hours it took me to pick up the new one :LOL:

Reactions: Nod
What the hell has happened to parenting these days, or lack of it. The wife and I visited Waterstones in Salisbury yesterday and was confronted with 2 screaming kids running around, parents seem to be able to ‘turn off’ and totally ignore what their ‘little darlings’ are getting up to.

After enduring this for 10 minutes I approached the parents and informed them that they were looking in the wrong section. Looking somewhat bemused I politely pointed to the ‘parenting section’ and advised them to purchase a selection of books and read them as soon as possible.

I love being old, would not have had the nerve years ago.

What the hell has happened to parenting these days, or lack of it. The wife and I visited Waterstones in Salisbury yesterday and was confronted with 2 screaming kids running around, parents seem to be able to ‘turn off’ and totally ignore what their ‘little darlings’ are getting up to.

After enduring this for 10 minutes I approached the parents and informed them that they were looking in the wrong section. Looking somewhat bemused I politely pointed to the ‘parenting section’ and advised them to purchase a selection of books and read them as soon as possible.

I love being old, would not have had the nerve years ago.

I'm actually looking forward to getting old for the very same reason...

Looking somewhat bemused I politely pointed to the ‘parenting section’ and advised them to purchase a selection of books and read them as soon as possible.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Just seen my first Christmas advert!!!

Dave
Seems there's a whole "Christmas in July" thing going on at the moment.:mad:

OH decided to jet wash the patio and the driveway. The large glass topped patio table smashed to smithereens. My job to clear it up:( Driveway being jet washed spraying all the crud over the windows, doors, facias (bungalow) and the dog who thought it fun to lay in the middle of the drive. My job to clean it up. Talk about a quiet Sunday the day of suppose rest, :thinking::thinking::help:

Back