Warrington Studio Group Meet

Name
Carlo
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello,

I am thinking of hosting a group meet at my studio in Warrington.

I am aiming to arrange two models to come in and possible work for a few hours, so to give everyone a chance to play with lighting setups, I think numbers wold need to be limited.

There would be a small cost to cover the models time.

If anyone is interested please let me know and i can pen in and i can set this up.

If this is a success i will aim to run something like this more frequently.

Thanks

Hi there

Where are you based in Warrington ?

I'm from there (Stockton Heath) but live up in Perthshire now. I've still family down there and visit quite often.

ill see what interest this thread gets then decide on a date from there

What level of photographer are you aiming this at? as I have never done anything with studio lighting but would like to learn.

Shame i am a few miles away from Warrington,But Chris when i went to my first Meet a few years ago everyone was very helpful and i know i only been here a short tine but everyone seems very nice so i dont think you would have any problems i am sure some one would help you out

All the best,Ian

all levels really, so we can work together and all learn

Shame i am a few miles away from Warrington,But Chris when i went to my first Meet a few years ago everyone was very helpful and i know i only been here a short tine but everyone seems very nice so i dont think you would have any problems i am sure some one would help you out

All the best,Ian

thanks Guys, I've subscribed to the thread and am interested depending upon date & cost

seems a lot from warrington i live in dallam ,would love to come but i really am new to this and only have a sigma 150-500 lens.

few thoughts, what days are best for everyone? how many models would you like to work with? I have see this advertised before where nudity is involved, does this make a difference to everyone as this will depend on which model i book.

cheers

Weekends are best for me, as I've got a 'real' job Monday~Friday. :)

I've no issues with nudity.. and ideally it'd be towards the end of June or later.

I might be interested in this, although I'm not sure the wife will let me play out if it's going to be a "glamour" shoot :) I'm in Runcorn, but up by the Daresbury lab so probably not far away.

i am a total newby but would love to give a studio shoot a go, i am only based in Liverpool

I might be interested in this, although I'm not sure the wife will let me play out if it's going to be a "glamour" shoot :) I'm in Runcorn, but up by the Daresbury lab so probably not far away.

yea thats not far and it doesnt have to be glamour would defo check before hand on what the majority of togs would be interested in

yea thats not far and it doesnt have to be glamour would defo check before hand on what the majority of togs would be interested in

Do you have any pics of your studio/gear? I'm nosey :)

i'm interested... my showroom is in Lymm so i can do any day.. either after work in the week or daytime at weekends. Sounds good!

oh.. and any level of nudity is ok with me (y)

I'm interested in this, I'm just down the road in Northwich and Woolston is only a 20 minute drive.

i've not seen a nekid lady for a while, so can I come?

if this is to go ahead, do any of you have your studio lights, with wireless triggers?

I have only the one that links with the hotshot for my camera which is a Sony, so thinking nikon canon users may need their own.

Never been to a meet or arranged so just wondering what expectations you have from an evening?

i have no triggers, although i have a Canon ST-E2 which fires speedlights, but has been known to fire studio lights to for some reason.. so that could be fun.

For me, i never do any people / studio / lit shots but i have been to a meet before doing that sort of stuff, so i would be looking at seeing the different effects of lighting / reflecting from different positions and also looking for tips and guidance for direction. Happy to go with the flow (y)

I don't have studio lights but I do have:

* 2 x Canon 550EX
* 1 x YN 565EX
* 1 x Canon 540EZ
* 3 x Syk-5 dumb optical triggers
* 1 x ETTL cable
* 3 x Ojecoco RF triggers (ETTL passthrough and hypersync support)

And an array of stands, brollies, softboxes and an Orbis.

I'm interested please, I have a Bowens 500R as main, 2 cheap 180w as backlights, octagon softbox, lightmeter, Bowens Pulsar wireless triggers + another wireless trigger background stand and cloths.....I live on the Staffordshire/Cheshire border
Thanks
Dave

Last edited:
I'd be interested (and another who lives near Daresbury)

I've got 3 x lastolite Lumin8 400W heads and more modifiers than you can shake a stick at.

Evenings would be good for me (other than Thursdays)

if this is to go ahead, do any of you have your studio lights, with wireless triggers?

I have only the one that links with the hotshot for my camera which is a Sony, so thinking nikon canon users may need their own.

Never been to a meet or arranged so just wondering what expectations you have from an evening?

You just require a trigger set for a standard hotshoe, something like the Yongnuo RF602 as an example, along with the synch lead for the receiver/strobe.
or the Yongnuo RF601 set, which is studio dedicated. Ignore the "For Canon" bit in the listing, as it doesn't make any difference whatsoever on the 601 set.

I may be able to come along if it's a weekend and I'm free.

I would be on the train to Padgate, so couldn't bring any lights. But I do have Phottix triggers for Canon, and some older Yongnuo triggers suitable for Canon or Nikon.

Anyone heard fron Donkeymusic as to whether this studio meet is going ahead

its still in the pipeline, just need to find sometime that i can be free and also to arrange a date, defo enough interest now

If i'm not too late, I'd definitely be interested in this - i'm originally from Warrington, and only live down the road in Newton le Willows now.

OK, lots of interest and now gonna start contacting models, for rates and times.

This is my first attempt at hosting this sort of thing and as i am learning myself i think we need a mixed experience for the group to work.

I suppose what i need to know is, what would you like to get from the event? all suggestions please forward to me and i will continue to arrange it.

If it does become successful, i would be happy to run this sort of thing fortnightly/monthly and build it up. It wold also give you the chance to see my little studio and give you the option to hire it out.

cheers

Back