Watches

I've got a couple of Citizen Eco-Drive watches. One is a Red Arrows radio controlled one and the other is "normal". Wear the normal one as a holiday watch since it's also waterproof down to 100m + so I don't have to worry about it while snorkelling etc..

Ditto. My holiday watch is a Citizen WR-100. Brilliant little thing for the money.

Ditto. My holiday watch is a Citizen WR-100. Brilliant little thing for the money.

I wouldn't dream on taking my Rolex on holiday even to a posh safe resort and neither would my missus, she does time duty with a cheap pink baby G.

In May 2013 we went to Hong Kong & Australia for 6 weeks (mainly following the B&I Lions) and I decided to take my Casio in place of my RW Freelancer.

2 days in and the Alarm hand fell off and wedges the minute hand solid :(

In Victoria Market in Melbourne I bought a $20AUD watch off a Chinese guy with s stall and it saw me right through and beyond - kept absolutely perfect time!

About 15 years ago, I totally forgot to take a watch on holiday so bought a cheapy that said it was waterproof to 100m. Turned out to be waterproof for about 5m (that's 5 minutes, not down to 5 metres!)

My relatively cheap Citizen looks more valuable than my Rolex!

Nice buy Mark, liking that a lot, just took me a few years of thought to buy my latest, never mind weeks. You must remember to add the watch to the house insurance, just in case.

just seen this thread ......

if you are thinking about buying a good "expensive" wrist watch, the following are worth looking at

The Tudor Black Bay new at £2,500 is somewhat of a bargain IMHO at the present time if you want a Diver in that price range .....

also the Rolex Explorer ll, 16570 ....... mint and used can be bought for £3,500 ish with box and papers...... if you fancy a Rolex at a reasonable price that will keep it's value - great value

if you fancy "collecting" wrist watches, there are many interesting brands out there in all price ranges, from a few £'s upwards - watch collecting has always been very popular

Last edited:
Back