Water Movement

Lovely series. I like more a big view landscape so the 1st is really working for me.

Something about the last shot too. Lovely processing too

Thanks Steve. Much appreciated praise!

Lovely set of images I like them all, my favourite is 2.

Cheers Alf. :)

Viv, one word......WOW.

Are you trying to catch up with NB by any chance?

Fantastic set of pics. All visually pleasing. Love the lighting, the texture and the colours. Great idea and we'll executed.

2 & 3 are my faves out of the lot.

I know my limits!
Ruth, these shots are magnifique, shots destined for YOUR wall.
And imo they are up there with some of NB`s shots :p

Ruth, these shots are magnifique, shots destined for YOUR wall.
And imo they are up there with some of NB`s shots :p

Graham....thank you.
Really, the comparison with NB is so flattering, though I don't see it!

Thats a lovely one, missed it first time around.

I think you should post more on this board. These are really classy elegant images.

Thank you Steve.

One and three for me Ruth, love the subtle colour really soothing tones the lines draw you in and takes you into and searching along the horizon
Number Three has lovely coloured tint running through it, almost has a look of chrome about it, and the movement in the water is just "so".
The last added shot is great and leads off into infinity.
A really cracking set Ruth(y)

They are all excellent and clearly seen and processed to a very high standard. I love the first and fourth, but on a different day might prefer the third. Could see any of them on the wall of a classy restaurant or workplace.

Only tiny critique I would offer is the red highlight at the centre top of the second image is slightly distracting.

They are all excellent and clearly seen and processed to a very high standard. I love the first and fourth, but on a different day might prefer the third. Could see any of them on the wall of a classy restaurant or workplace.

Only tiny critique I would offer is the red highlight at the centre top of the second image is slightly distracting.
Thanks Craig.
Yes, I might have to so something about that little breaker. :)

I can't believe I've only just seen these - they are absolutely beautiful! I adore them I really really do. I love the contrast of these powerful waves looking so delicate.

Did you not use a filter for these at all?

I can't believe I've only just seen these - they are absolutely beautiful! I adore them I really really do. I love the contrast of these powerful waves looking so delicate.

Did you not use a filter for these at all?

Wow, thank you for that.
No, no filters (I don't have any).
Just waiting, getting cold, and for a couple, wet, and a bit of a tweak.

Nice set I like 1 & 3 and also the later addition.

Thank you for that
I wish my local coast had more interesting tides.

These are beautiful Ruth, love the subtle movement and tones, like a softer take on David Baker's Sea Fever work.
1 and 5 are my favs but they make a wonderful set all shown together.

Excellent set- I try and never seem to get these right- well done

I've only just caught up with these and I like them a lot. Very understated and beautiful in just about every way. I'm just thinking - "How ever did she do these?"

For what it's worth, No 2 is the least attractive to me. The other three are just gorgeous.

Last edited:
Excellent set- I try and never seem to get these right- well done

Wow, absolutely love these.
Well done.

I've only just caught up with these and I like them a lot. Very understated and beautiful in just about every way. I'm just thinking - "How ever did she do these?"

For what it's worth, No 2 is the least attractive to me. The other three are just gorgeous.

Lovely work. Love the movement in 2, 3 and 4 but the whole set has an abstract feel that really appeals.

Lovely set of dreamlike images, well done!

Thanks to all for the comments, they really are much appreciated.

@jerry12953 there's nothing mystical about how they're taken; just slightly longer exposure in fairly low sunset light, then cropping and tweaking levels/colour etc in post.

Very rare I like an entire post of images,in fact I don't think I have before but I love all them.
If they were mine they would be mounted around the house.
Stunning

Very rare I like an entire post of images,in fact I don't think I have before but I love all them.
If they were mine they would be mounted around the house.
Stunning

Thank you very much!
I might consider printing a couple of these for hanging. :)

Back