WBMT.....What baffled me today

The parents and children / disabled spaces down one side of the walkway in Tesco car park having chain preventing people getting onto the walkway from the parking spaces and visa versa. That would mean having to walk in the road section. The parking spaces on the opposite side of the walkway had no such chain.

The parents and children / disabled spaces down one side of the walkway in Tesco car park having chain preventing people getting onto the walkway from the parking spaces and visa versa. That would mean having to walk in the road section. The parking spaces on the opposite side of the walkway had no such chain.

I suspect it's to stop people driving through the poles to save circling the car park, they are further apart then the others
Someone didn't think it out though

I suspect it's to stop people driving through the poles to save circling the car park, they are further apart then the others
Someone didn't think it out though
They have recently resurfaced the car park and repainted the lines. I am now wondering if the spaces are now out of position and the bollards at the edge of the walkway are no longer central to the parking spaces.

I come across this sort of thing quite often. The best one is when I pull into a bay and realise there is a high kerb to get onto the footpath. I then have to wheel myself across the car park and hope any drivers coming can see me!

Donald Trump should be forced to wear a comdom to prevent his oral spurtings reaching their targets...
Or a Commiedom when meeting with the butcher of Grozny, and Kimmy.

Reactions: Nod
Why a shop assistant in the local bakery is wearing latex gloves to pick up the food
and yet also taking money with them still on :thinking:

Philthy Loocre!

Smoked or tinted license plates. I've seen loads of cars recently with these. I don't know if it's Baader Meinhof Phenomenon but they've all been on new cars. Baffles me. And I've got pressed metal plates.

People unable to negotiate a road width restriction. About 2 months ago a local width restriction was blocked after someone hit the kerb that funnels in to a width restriction. They had hit it so hard they had set off all the airbags and the car had come to rest at about 30° to the width restriction.
Just seen on local Facebook group that the same width restriction is blocked again, someone has managed to flip their car onto it's side this time.
I wouldn't mind but the width between the kerb stones has to be a good foot wider than the width restriction itself. How can you get it so wrong?

Why a shop assistant in the local bakery is wearing latex gloves to pick up the food
and yet also taking money with them still on :thinking:
Here in france most but not all bakeries never touch any money as there are self service type cash machines, they also have the same in my local supermarket. Cool idea i think.

Here in france most but not all bakeries never touch any money as there are self service type cash machines, they also have the same in my local supermarket. Cool idea i think.

Sounds like a good idea.
I did ask today and was told is because she wears nail varnish and it could chip when she's handling the money
and then fall in with the food.
No one else wears the latex gloves:rolleyes:
Strange how they view different hygiene things isn't it ?

Sounds like a good idea.
I did ask today and was told is because she wears nail varnish and it could chip when she's handling the money
and then fall in with the food.
No one else wears the latex gloves:rolleyes:
Strange how they view different hygiene things isn't it ?

Yes, I have seen some questionable food handling let alone where the money is involved?

A good long while there was a concern over the risk of infection with library books and other such 'multi - touched' items. As I recall it was to do the category of fomite transference............but I am thinking back to pre-70's???

The digital clock in my car this morning. I left home at 10:25 to go to the gym on the way to work. Just as I approach the gym I notice the clock in the car says 11:09. Not leaving a lot of time for a workout, shower and then drive to work before 12:15. Turn engine off in gym car park and the time changes to 10:33. Check time in gym and yes it is almost 10:35.
Leave gym and clock time jumps forward as I start the car. Get to work and switch off engine and clock reverts back to real time. Check clock settings and find no means of displaying time in other countries or such like. There is a button to set time by GPS so hit that, but that doesn't account for British Summer Time so had to adjust the hour to suit. Started car and time remained correct this time. Very puzzling.

They are a very good idea, used one in Roubaix the other week, handy for getting rid of change too

The digital clock in my car this morning. I left home at 10:25 to go to the gym on the way to work. Just as I approach the gym I notice the clock in the car says 11:09. Not leaving a lot of time for a workout, shower and then drive to work before 12:15. Turn engine off in gym car park and the time changes to 10:33. Check time in gym and yes it is almost 10:35.
Leave gym and clock time jumps forward as I start the car. Get to work and switch off engine and clock reverts back to real time. Check clock settings and find no means of displaying time in other countries or such like. There is a button to set time by GPS so hit that, but that doesn't account for British Summer Time so had to adjust the hour to suit. Started car and time remained correct this time. Very puzzling.
Is it a Delorean ?

Yes, I have seen some questionable food handling let alone where the money is involved?

A good long while there was a concern over the risk of infection with library books and other such 'multi - touched' items. As I recall it was to do the category of fomite transference............but I am thinking back to pre-70's???
In the 1960s and before, it was a requirement when returning library books that you told the librarian if anyone in the house had been ill.

Money is filthy. The food handlers really should not be touching money (or much else, come to that).

In the 1960s and before, it was a requirement when returning library books that you told the librarian if anyone in the house had been ill.

Money is filthy. The food handlers really should not be touching money (or much else, come to that).

Yes, talking of money and not the original context but what about Filthy Lucre.........not thought of that old expression for yonks but this triggered it !

And how many people do you see leave the "wash room" without washing their hands?
and of course then I have to touch the door handle or "push pad" that they just touched.
Obviously an outward opening door is not such an issue.
But then they go on to touch something else, the top of a counter / unknown items of food..
:(

I bet almost everyone keeps their toothbrush in the same room they crap in...

And how many people do you see leave the "wash room" without washing their hands?
and of course then I have to touch the door handle or "push pad" that they just touched.
But then they go on to touch something else, the top of a counter / unknown items of food..

On the other hand people do engage in oral sex without going down ill so doesn’t do too much harm.

On a side note that is the problem today, too much hygiene is not a good thing as you need to build up tolerance to things.

On the other hand people do engage in oral sex without going down ill so doesn’t do too much harm.
Well I don't want to touch something that someone else has touched, after taking a dump!
And not washed their hands.
There are plenty of diseases carried in "stools"

On a side note that is the problem today, too much hygiene is not a good thing as you need to build up tolerance to things.
There's a whole world between basic hygiene and wrapping in cotton wool

Last edited:
Faecal bacteria is in the air we all breathe but a healthy immune system deals with it like it does with most threats.

Most men pull their trousers up after a dump before washing their hands. Then wash their hands and may well give their trousers another tug up before exiting the facility.

But yes, I always wash my hands after using the kazi, despite the near futility of the exercise!

Simples close the lid before flushing

Just some of the delights ...
. Hepatitis, typhoid fever, cholera, norovirus, polio, E. coli, tape worms, giardia, rotavirus—they'll all spread via the aptly named fecal-oral route

It seems quite common to find a very subjective view of this; people have no problem with not washing their hands because they know where anything they might have on their fingers came from. Ask them to consider other people also doing that, and suddenly they're in "EWW! EWW! EWWWWW!" :puke: territory.

It seems quite common to find a very subjective view of this; people have no problem with not washing their hands because they know where anything they might have on their fingers came from. Ask them to consider other people also doing that, and suddenly they're in "EWW! EWW! EWWWWW!" :puke: territory.

After Mum's Subarachnoid Haemorrhage (basically a type of stroke), she ended up on an antibiotic that killed all her internal bacteria which allowed Clostridium Difficile to get a firm hold (and eventually kill her.) A woman in the same ward with the same delightful infection used to go up to the main hospital restaurant. She probably wonders how infections like that spread...

Most people are not aware of the faecal aerosol that we each produce when defecating. This is why commercial premises are required to have two doors between the lavatory and whatever room is outside.

We have a separate toilet and bathroom so our toothbrushes are kept fairly clean.

On the other hand, some public toilets are so dirty that touching the washing facilities will add bacteria to your hands rather than remove them.

Then again, the cursory splash under a tap (even with a dab of "soap"), that the majority seem to do doesn't qualify as hand washing. It might make them feel better, but in truth, they may as well not bother.

Last edited:
As long as the person serving unwrapped food washes her hands after using the loo, I don't really care what everyone else does. I carry a cleansing gel, have done for years and always use it before touching food when I'm out.
It just baffles me at what goes through an employers mind to think that a chip of nail varnish is worse then
handling money and unwrapped food, wearing blue latex gloves does bring it to you attention but I won't be getting paranoid about

People parking at the gym. I’ve seen people park next to a kerb or in the disabled bays rather than park in a proper parking space or in the overflow carpark and walk an extra 10 metres to get to the gym. The mind boggles.

People parking at the gym. I’ve seen people park next to a kerb or in the disabled bays rather than park in a proper parking space or in the overflow carpark and walk an extra 10 metres to get to the gym. The mind boggles.
The gym I use is in an old cow shed so the car park is the courtyard in the middle of the farm buildings and consist of 3 rows of parking spaces one on the left, one in the middle and one on the right. The middle row seems most popular, the left hand row is where the owner, his staff and "freelance" PT instructors generally park and because there is loads of room I generally park there too so that there is less chance of someone denying my car with their door. But when the gym gets busy there is invariably one numpty who parks in the gap which is access and exit to the left hand row and blocks cars in.

What has baffled me for quite a while is Kellogs Special K and all its derivatives ( now with added protein) etc. Why are the adverts aimed at women just? It isn't something I would eat for breakfast, but I see no reason why men wouldn't or couldn't eat it.

Why are the adverts aimed at women just?
Social pressure, generated by men, for men. They like to look at slim women, so they push them to conform to what they want. Conversely, society will contend that a man who can't see his feet any more is no big deal, because those same men don't want to put in any effort to maintain an unrealistic body image, nor give up their full English in the morning.

WBMT?
Well I guess it shouldn't have really, I guess the school holidays started today,
I called into my usual supermarket garage, (when I'm out Norwich way), today.
There are 16 pumps and each one was full of Camper vans either covering one pump, or the flash gits with more money than sense,
covering 2 pumps.
Heading down the A11 in a general SW direction, there was herds of them, I must have passed 50 odd, with the odd towed caravan.

Its baffling why they were heading away from the coast though.
Unless they were heading for the M25 and Dover to cross the channel.
That was just a snap shot of a couple of hours of my journey time around that area,
So hopefully the next few weeks should be quiet if they are all on the continent (y)

Back