WCMUT....what cheered me up today

Hope they're not Candiru!
Come and dangle your feet ( Or anything else for that matter) in the pond and test that for me (y)

Last edited:
For the 2nd time the suction thing on my Garmin Dashcam has broken :banghead:
Went into Halfords where I bought it to get a new mount, cost £20, got to the cashdesk
and was asked if it had just broken, said yes and she gave me a new suction bit free of
charge, seems there have been a few problems with them in the hot weather

Come and dangle your feet ( Or anything else for that matter) in the pond and test that for me (y)

No!

Ermmm… Let me think about it.

See original answer!

Fish and chips on the beach followed by a "paddle" in the sea this evening :D

The early morning mist burning off.

Surviving to 55!

Well, it means I get Thursday lunch at seniors price! :p How's life with a bus pass? :p:p:p

Well, it means I get Thursday lunch at seniors price! :p How's life with a bus pass? :p:p:p
It would be OK if we had buses that actually went anywhere :rolleyes:

It's cheaper for us to drive down and park up for an hour than a single fare for one of us. Even accounting for fuel in Mrs Nod's car! If we're very lucky, we can even find a slot by a charger and get a free top up while we're parked (pay to park; plug in for free) if we're in the Leaf (as we tend to be for town trips - that's what we bought it for!)

It's cheaper for us to drive down and park up for an hour than a single fare for one of us.
I've not been on a bus in many many years, so wouldn't have a clue about costs.
My lad used to catch one to work, occasionally. 5 miles away, 3 buses and about hour and half, he used to walk it quicker!

I only used the busses to get home while I was denied driving privileges - easy enough walk down the hill but a biatch to walk back up it! Door to door, it's almost a dead heat between foot and bus to Mrs Nod's studio. £2.70 last time I did the bus home (5 years ago, give or take a month.)

Rain and actually feeling cold this morning :D

what cheered me up today was the football score
brilliant result from a small country
those boys will be heroes when they go home

WCM(and Mrs Nod)UT...

Picking up the replacement for her late, lamented XK8 - a folding hard top MX5 2 litre Mk3. Since it's been a while since she's driven a manual 'boxed car, I appear to be chauffeur for a little while. Not for long though, Mrs Nod has a day off tomorrow so she'll be having a play in a car park.

Quite pleased that I might have caused a company to alter its advice.

In early May I was reading the road safety advice on the North Coast 500 website and was very surprised and concerned it included the following -

'Should you see a large vehicle approaching you from the opposite direction, please be prepared to stop in the next passing place, even if it is on your right, to allow the large vehicle a straight run past the passing place, rather than to have to deviate into and out of a passing place, which may not be long enough to accommodate it.'

I emailed them to point out the dangers of this advice ie.

it brings an element of subjectivity into how to treat passing places,
never seen the need to do this in many years of using single track roads with passing places,
most large vehicles on those roads are commercial ones whose drivers know the roads well and the size of their vehicles,
following this advice results in crossing the path of an oncoming vehicle, and
it is not supported by the Highway Code.

I did not get a reply but the road safety page of the NC500 site has changed and I'm pleased that advice is no longer there.

Dave

More of a chuckle really.
I was following a large hatchback today, with a caved in rear end.

I musing on the fact of how it happened, I came up with a couple of theory's.
And it wasn't long before one of them was confirmed.

Roundabout, guy stops at the broken lines, looks both ways, yep the road is clear, proceeds to enter roundabout,
half way across broken lines hits the brakes, and looks both ways again!

Next roundabout, yep, you guessed it, exactly the same!
You can't do that here, in the land of roundabouts, you go when its clear,
the high possibilities is that someone is accelerating hard behind you to beat out the next lot
of traffic that is about to enter the roundabout.

At 3rd roundabout, I got on his outside and accelerated past him, as we pulled away, I looked in the side mirror, to see him stop again :D

Breakdown cover. I have to switch between AA and RAC every year because they normally jack the price up. Today, I received my renewal quote from the RAC. It's the same as last year. £115. AA are quoting £119.

Sainsbury's...lovely lovely Sainsbury's

WCMUSaturday

So, been working extended hours lately, (event season) and I missed Friday night big shop at Asda.
Since I was in Wakey for a haircut Saturday morning I decided to do Friday big shop on Saturday at Sainsbury's.
It was epic:kiss:
I usually go to Asda, have done for years its convenient, its in a bit of a rough area but its on my way home, and God....what an absolute dingbat magnet it is, its full of tattooed onesies and out of control kids screaming up and down the isles, piles of giro catchers stood in gangs on every corner chewing fat and blocking the joint up, the front door is thick with fag smog and taxi fumes because that is the staple transport of the onesie.
Everybody takes their trollys in the BASKET ONLY self checkout, if you're queuing at a checkout you WILL be asked if someone can push in front of you cos little johnny has shat his pants, the parking is abysmal, some shocking twonk scanned his beer through my checkout while I was searching for a carrier bag, outside you will be blocked in by people carriers visiting the cash m/c cos they can't be bothered to walk 20 yds......oh its a ******* nightmare.
Well.....no more

I've tasted Sainsbury's Trinity and I like it

can't go back, oh no...:D

Thee local news station saying we will have heavy rain and storms on Friday, hope they are right (y)
But watch for the idiots sliding about on the roads, they will be a nightmare after all this dry weather :(

But watch for the idiots sliding about on the roads, they will be a nightmare after all this dry weather :(
They are saying that here also, 200+ BHP RWD looking forward to every minute of it (y)

Here's hoping not to read a follow up in the WAMT thread!

WCMUT was stringing a decent round together - in a competition to boot! Might even get a few quid out of it (well, a few quid credit behind the club bar.)

This isn't really a 'what cheered me up today', but I was glad to have contributed to it.

I was out with the dog early this morning and spotted some smoke on Wanstead Flats( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wanstead_Flats ).

As I walked towards the smoke flames appeared so I called the fire service.

I haven't seen a grass/brush fire start before and the change from smouldering to a lot of flame was very quick.

I was surprised that within 30 seconds or so blue lights appeared.

It wasn't a fire engine but a police car that had also spotted the fire and also called the fire brigade.

Fortunately the fire was put out and (fingers crossed) there won't be any no more fires - just hoping for the rain tomorrow.

Dave

WCMUT...Morphine.

WCMUT...Morphine.
You know what they say when you are at school don't eat "sweets" unless you brought enough for everyone (y)

:D

WCMUT

The rain has finally come......approx 45 minutes ago the sky went very dark and the thunderstorm came with a great deluge. It rumbled around for about 30mins and is now raining that bit more gently & steadily........at last some relief for the garden, natural areas & wildlife.

Just hopeful that we get to see the Blood Moon tonight??? It might be a WAMT :LOL:

PS should have said this is Surrey nr Guildford.

WCMUT...Morphine.

Hope the reason for it gets sorted soon, Ruth.

Have to say that I've never been cheered up by the stuff, although it has improved my mood when it's been needed. Nasty and very viv(!)id dreams.

It rained here yesterday evening for the first time in weeks. This morning there is a breeze and forecast is for a high of 23C. More rain is forecast tomorrow and a slightly lower temperature :)

Dave

Around 1am this morning, lots of noise outside, voices, engine etc.
Looked out the window and there were men wandering around in uniform with torches :thinking:
Opened window and it was the fire brigade, seems the alarm had gone off in the house
next door, which is unoccupied. Was happy to help them with the info and assure them that they hadn't woken me up.
Seems that despite having an alarm system for such event they hadn't been able to hold
of anyone and had I not have spoken to them, next step would have been to break instead of checking through windows.
As he explained with older smoke alarms all sorts of things have trigger them, often insects getting in there
Now the amusing bit, for some reason they decided to bring the fire engine into the parking area to turn it round,
it isn't that big out there, dustcart always reverses out..
After what seemed like a while and much back and forth they finally managed, one of them commented "so much for making a
quick quiet getaway" :D
Just wonder what will being said this morning if anyone else was awake

Seeing a really annoying personal trainer in the gym today, demonstrate to his client how to do an assisted pull up with a resistance band and fail miserably.

personal trainer in the gym today, demonstrate to his client how to do an assisted pull up with a resistance band
Do what?
:D

15 year old Mondeo going through the MOT after just (free of charge) adjusting a faulty sensor. :)

15 year old Mondeo going through the MOT after just (free of charge) adjusting a faulty sensor. :)

Can see why you are happy with that, Viv.

Years ago I had a Mondeo and I can't remember how many miles I did driving from London to Newcastle when my Mum was in hospital but it was a great car.

Dave

No ants in the kitchen when I turned the light, 2 weeks of the annoying little sods, hopefully they have moved on

WCMU Yesterday, fish and chips on the beach, hoping followed by an impromtu stop off at 12 hour lawn mower racing on the way home,

Back