WCMUT....what cheered me up today

:LOL:

But only because you already are!

Finally got to test drive a car on the test track at work, powered by the engine I have been testing and developing. Only a quick run but it felt good. No where near as quick as my RS, but certainly impressed with how it pulled. Didn't get to drive it in Sport mode as they couldn't get the laptop to talk to the ecu to set it up, but something to look forward to when I get another drive.
Found out today that the chief development engineers in charge of the engine program was impressed after his test drive last week and has signed off the engine to continue with the development we have been doing. The engineer I work with is over the moon too as his contract which was due to run out next month has now been extended until the end of the year at least. All we have to hope is that once the engine is signed off for production at the end of the year, the next upgrade development of the engine gets the go ahead and we have plenty of work and the engineer gets another extension, or he may even get the chance of a permanent position.

Last Thursday I brokoke down in the works van yet again, long story but basically the repair shops fault, 3 and a half hours later all sorted by the Rac
worked on to get the important stuff sorted and parked the van in the yard but no parking space so left it to be used by the afternoon collection people.
Came in on Saturday to find it had been left in a residential area and blocked in by the residents, reason being the guy that should have used it was worried
about braking down WTF seems he was worried because last person that happened to was stuck out till 8pm, Well he did drive through a flod in some really bad weathe and fot eater in the engine.
Why am I amused, the said guy that moved it last week has to use it tomorrow and is panicking about break down again :D

Having 37 staples removed from my chest following surgery two weeks ago, it did sting a bit but what a relief!

Yup, having 'em out is worse than having them stabbed in! (You're generally anaesthetised when they're inserted! :p)

WCMUT (other than the mild annoyance of them covering the water meter cover in turf!) is having a lovely fresh Tarmac drive, double the width of the original. Got a nice deep concrete pad in it for me to affix ground anchors for a couple of bikes as well as the pad giving solid support for the sidestands. Should be able to get all 3 cars and a couple of bikes on it now.

Fridge is running low and I went digging and found 2 can's of my favourite beer today, happy days.

Saw a swarm of dragonflies yesterday at work. Never seen one in the flesh before let alone dozens!

Fancied scrambled eggs on toast so bought six eggs from local butcher .... the two I cracked were both double yolkers! :banana:

.... and very tasty they were too!

More a WMMCT ( what made me chuckle today)
A line a parked cars (4) on my side of the road, and one of those superior German cars was coming along at a bit of a lick ( bearing in mind that this was a built up area)
Fairy nuff its his priority ( well lets face it, its *always* their priority, apparently) So I stopped behind the 1st one that I came to.
As he got closer he got slower and slower and slower ..
Oh I though he's gonna say thanks ( well I can dream can't it? )

But no, seems where I'd stopped behind the park car, I was blocking his drive :D
Seems he wanted me to back up to clear his drive ...
Seems he had another thought coming ...

Had *you* not driven like Sterling Moss to to stop me from getting around the park cars, I would have been long gone and
this situation wouldn't have arisen.

So you have 3 choices, either back up the 100 yards and let me pass, just pull in behind me, when I move off you can then back onto your drive.
Assuming that you position yourself correctly that is.
Or drive to the next side turning ( about 50 yards) and swing around.. (y)

A trio of options seem to baffle him, and it also seems that I'm a w*nker ( well I knew that anyway so no surprise there) :D

Last edited:
Coming back from 2 weeks holiday in NW Scotland having seen my first ever red squirrels (near Dunkeld on the way up - where we stay you don't get squirrels at all) and an otter that swam up the loch right in front of me. But that wasn't WCMUT. It was my neighbour telling me that my roof is once again home to bats. I've had them there before - they were there when I bought the place, and they've always been around the area, but it's nice to have them back with me. Hopefully I can get someone from the local bat group to come and identify them for me.

ptI

Damned phone!
I hate having to buy / learn a new one, this one is only about 6 years old, it should have loads of life left in it.
But recently, it was becoming more and more difficult to wake it up when it went into sleep mode :(

WCMUT? I accidentally dropped the damned thing, today, and now, it works perfectly again (y)

Who says you can't solve anything with violence? Eh?

:D

Last edited:
ptII

WCMUT? well actually more like WMMCT ( what made me chuckle today) ..
A van being driven by a totally inconsiderate person, cut up several people over a short stretch of road, weaving in and out of traffic, and just driving like a total moron!
I thought to myself what a w****r!
And then the irony hit me, it was a Siemens van

ptI

Damned phone!
I hate having to buy / learn a new one, this one is only about 6 years old, it should have loads of life left in it.
But recently, it was becoming more and more difficult to wake it up when it went into sleep mode :(

WCMUT? I accidentally dropped the damned thing, today, and now, it works perfectly again (y)

Who says you can't solve anything with violence? Eh?

IT - impact technology!

WCMUT was the chap arriving to fit the 30A charge socket for the Leaf - on time; with everything he needed. Managed to do the job reasonably quickly and put it where we wanted, using the cable routing that caused least work.

Puppy kisses and cuddles :love::love::love:

A full packet of well done crispy bacon on a butty. Thick sliced white bread.

The three Red Kites riding the wind over the river Medway, Rochester, this morning.

Skimming off the algae from the shallow end of the pond.
I always put it on the rocks and keep it wet for a few days as there is bound to be something living in it, gives them a chance to get back in the water.

In this instance a large black ugly sob, thing, obviously a larvae, of something,
(a quick google reveals it to be a diving beetle .. Never knew I had them TBH)
Crawled out, took one look at me, shook its head in disgust and wandered back in the water...

It just reminded me of the scene from MiB when "K" nearly steps on a cockroach, and it says "Thanks awfully" as it wandered off...
Well it made me smile anyway ...

Reactions: BBR
Another WMMCT ( what made me chuckle today)
Well yesterday actually ..
I was wandering around a local garden center looking for something specific, the place was quite busy with people of a certain age,
when I heard the familiar drone [sic] of a bee swarm, about 10 feet over their heads,
the devil in me wanted to yell FFS! BEE SWARM DON'T PANIC! :D

I've been up close and personal to enough swarms to know that as long as you don't stand directly in the flight path or p*** the queen off you are perfectly safe.
so in this instance, I decided that discretion was the better part of valour, as everyone else was totally oblivious ... and the bees passed through unharmed

Running the auxiliary pump in the pond to create extra Oxygen, for the fish in this heat, and watching them use the "stream" as a swim trainer

Hope they're not Candiru!

Back