WCMUT....what cheered me up today

Another WMMCT ( what made me chuckle today, well actually the "other day" now.)

We have a few electric buses, they are only a "local" service.
I was following a bus, yesterday, and there was a big notice on the back,
"I'm sorry I'm not electric, but while my brothers and sisters are charging, I'm here for you"

Another WMMCT ( what made me chuckle today, well actually the "other day" now.)

We have a few electric buses, they are only a "local" service.
I was following a bus, yesterday, and there was a big notice on the back,
"I'm sorry I'm not electric, but while my brothers and sisters are charging, I'm here for you"
This should have been posted in the "Car buyers should........." thread surely. ;)

A few spots of rain earlier and now clouded over with a nice breeze :)

There was a few spots at 3pm when I left work. Temperature remained pretty much the same even with the cloud. Got to the gym by 3:20, cloud gone, sun back out and definitely no breeze. Air just as heavy and still outside as it was in the gym.

Few spots of rain here for a few minutes.
Wasn't much, but was loaded with sand, so now all the cars look like they have measles.
Now it's overcast and damn hot...humid.

Watering the Bonsai's just now, 30 seconds of rain, just one tiny cloud that has since buggered off. Still hot, still humid and still had to water the tortured trees :D

The short but rather intense thunderstorm and brief deluge we just had.
Result...17°c.
I fear it will quickly rise again, but it was lovely to stand outside and get drenched with cool rain. :)

Having one of my photos appearing in classic car weekly, shine taken off by the fact that the boss had badly edited it, but still nice when he came rushing in this morning to tell me I was famous! :LOL:

A nice cool round first thing, made even better by both my playing partner and myself getting a "2" on the same hole (which should be worth a few quid each!)

I wouldn't like to have him sitting on my lap - even if he is a big very fluffy affectionate boy :D

Rain, lovely rain. The forecast isn't for a lot but at present it is raining fairly heavily and there is almost no wind, so I'm hoping it lasts.

Dave

It's been raining here all morning, left my raincoat in the van and just enjoyed getting wet :D

Rain...glorious cool rain, which has not really stopped since 4am.
No need to water the pots tonight. :)

Rain has stopped and it's a very refreshing 14°c here.

Walked into work to a puncture on the van, not entirely unexpected thought I had a slow one.
Amusing bit, we have guys paid to change wheels, bulbs and minor bits, boss went to help and they
broke the ratchet they bought especially for it :rolleyes:
Breakdown called out, tyre guy arrives and has to use heavy duty air gun to free the offending stud :)

Another things, been a day of torrential heavy showers, 2nd since heatwave and already people are moaning about the rain,
I love it, much cooler

Just re-watched The Princess Bride.
Very silly. :)

Another things, been a day of torrential heavy showers, 2nd since heatwave and already people are moaning about the rain,
I love it, much cooler

Me too! I love Autumn and winter, people think I'm weird, but the summer is when I feel most drained - headache, hay fever, that horrible sticky feeling from Irish humidity - give me wind, rain and hail anytime! :)

I will swap mine for all your hot sunny weather. ;)

I think it's done with over here, we had almost 3 weeks of hot sun, reached 30 at one point which is very high for Ireland. But normal service has resumed, back to wind and rain. I'm not sure about parts of the UK, but when it is hot here, humidity goes through the roof, it's more sticky and uncomfortable than pleasant. I've been to Turkey, Spain, France when it was hotter, but it was much more bearable.

Last edited:
Raw milk back on sale at the farm shop :D

Well, tomorrow really, but going to a conference for work. Couple of days out of the office.
True, it's in Hull, but you can't have everything. :)

Hull is alright, been today, I go once a month every month for a day.
Took a walk down the river by drypool bridge at lunch, interesting place on a lot of levels Hull is.
Course, if you're gonna stay in conferencing all day, it hardly matters what city you're in.

Beating my PB on the rowing machine. It's the little things. :D

Blagging 2 tickets for the British Touring Car at Knockhill this weekend.

This makes Dale a happy boy.

Thanks(y). It looks like rain though. (n)
Make sure you have some waterproofs then. A bit of wet stuff always makes the racing more interesting anyway.
I will be watching from a nice dry sofa so be sure to give us a wave. ;)

Last edited:
WCMUT?
Well sort of, the garden really needed a good soaking, as its Bank Holiday week-end it was guaranteed really, anyway!
Its lashing down, c/w thunder and lightning ...

Sun's back out down here - after overnight rain.

Seeing class photos from my 1st (1974) and last (1979) year's of secondary school on Facebook. Somehow I remembered the majority of names. I remember the 1st year photo being taken but have no recollection of the later photo being taken, so surprised to see myself in it.

Been laying a little turf this afternoon, I heard the unmistakable roar of merlin engines, looked up and 2 spitfires were passing over head
at about 500 feet and turning, I thought thats nice of them to have a look (y)

Maybe it was the usual bank holiday week-end fly-by for Bletchley park ( home of the code breakers, Alan Turing et al ) But I doubt it :D

I'd rather have seen and heard the 2 Spits than see the Reds go overhead 3x3 (as they did a while back.) One of our holiday friends lives near the end of the runway at Conningsby so has a load of phone pix of them. Not that the Reds' flypast was unwelcome - cheered me up!

Back