WCMUT....what cheered me up today

Males over 10 years old should never be seen in shorts other than in a sports environment or on a beach.

That's why I keep them hidden - they would drive all the wimmin wild! :p

Is that the hammer you nicked off of Moses after he'd used it to chisel out the Ten Commandments? ;)
Yes, I did let him borrow it briefly (y)

Its still hovering around the 25°C mark here, a few spots of rain, but nothing of any note. At least its not quite so humid as the last few days!

About the same here now.

A week ago, as a fully paid up member of the old farts club, I'd have been complaining today was too hot, but compared to Wednesday and especially yesterday (which I think might have been the most uncomfortably hot and humid day I've seen), today feels positively balmy.

Dave

Males over 10 years old should never be seen in shorts other than in a sports environment or on a beach.
If you saw some of the sights I see in the gym you would want to rethink that. :)

Its certainly more comfortable that's for sure!
It felt more comfortable this morning, but this afternoon it was back to 28 - 29°C with little to no breeze so any comfort has gone again.

If you saw some of the sights I see in the gym you would want to rethink that. :)
Sod the gym.....this bloke on the tube takes the biscuit.

16509428-7284083-A_commuter_dressed_only_in_Speedo_style_pink_trunks_enters_the_t-m-48_1564088...jpg

View attachment 250988
No biscuit, just smuggling budgies. ;)

I won't post it but there is a photo of me in shorts in one of my TP albums from 6 or 7yrs ago. You can only blame yourselves if you look;)

Last edited:

I won't post it but there is a photo of me in shorts in one of my TP albums from 6 or 7yrs ago. You can only blame yourselves if you look;)
I value my eyesight, so I'll take your word for it. :LOL:

Reactions: Nod

I'll pass on that :rolleyes:

It felt more comfortable this morning, but this afternoon it was back to 28 - 29°C
It never hit that high here, it was still very humid though, its raining steadily here now, and around 18°C

Funny enough JV mentioned this on his lunchtime show, and the actual guy phoned in
Apparently "its London" and anything goes" was his reason for dressing so :D

WCMUT is another cancellation being available for the actual fitting of the hearing aids. Original date would have been mid September but there's a cancellation available on Monday afternoon.

Hopefully, the restoration of higher registers will help reduce the annoyance of tinnitus.

Being followed along the Broomielaw across the Clyde and onto Cathcart Road by a

GORGEOUS modern silver Rolls with a very nice private plate B..1

Oh I was drooling :D

72.4 MPG on a 100 mile ride. OK, it was a charity ride so not fast but I am still impressed that a 1200cc bike can manage that sort of economy. Meant I didn't need to stop for fuel after 100 miles!

WCMUT is another cancellation being available for the actual fitting of the hearing aids. Original date would have been mid September but there's a cancellation available on Monday afternoon.

Hopefully, the restoration of higher registers will help reduce the annoyance of tinnitus.

WCMUT is getting on with the (NHS) hearing aids. Really didn't realise just how much I was missing in the higher registers. TVs are now turned down a few notches in volume and the tone controls returned to a more natural setting (much to Mrs Nod's relief!) Tinnitus is still there but only when there's virtual silence - much reduced.

Finding and reuniting a Samsung S10 with it's owner

Having a lovely piece of rainbow sponge cake for breakfast this morning!

Panasonic GM5_black 8GB 07 _1050542.JPG

WCMUT was having the whole of the balcony at the View café in Teignmouth to ourselves while we ate our lunch.

Shame it p***ed down for most of the time we were eating but it was still worth it!!!

WCMUT was having the whole of the balcony at the View café in Teignmouth to ourselves while we ate our lunch.

Shame it p***ed down for most of the time we were eating but it was still worth it!!!
I love sitting outside in the summer rain, as long as there is some overhead cover (y)

I love sitting outside in the summer rain, as long as there is some overhead cover (y)
I enjoy getting drenched in summer rain.

Did the table umbrellas keep the rain off? Our favourite is Perrylicious in Bank Street which is all indoors - much better come the autumn. :giggle:

Did the table umbrellas keep the rain off? Our favourite is Perrylicious in Bank Street which is all indoors - much better come the autumn. :giggle:

The brollies kept enough of it off us (and, more importantly, our food!) so we weren't getting too wet - just my back! Big table of Brummies leapt up and took over the 3 available indoor tables at the first drop of rain, leaving the balcony nice and peaceful (they arrived shortly after us and sat as close as possible to us outside...) The real consolation is that their holiday is likely to be wet and windy for the next few days - and the kids were all getting grizzly bored already! :):):)

We used to go to the Beachcomber until the fire - we head down there for the views and pick our days during the season (potentially wet ones meaning we'll risk it - if there's a street parking spot, chances are it's not too heaving with the dreaded grockles!). Usually trawl the charity shops in the town during spring and autumn.

Sun came out as we left so dropped the roof and enjoyed the rays all the way home.

Big table of Brummies leapt up and took over the 3 available indoor tables at the first drop of rain,
Rufty tuffty "northerners" eh? :D

Sun came out as we left so dropped the roof and enjoyed the rays all the way home.
A result. We used to drive over but we'll probably try taking the No. 2 bus from Exeter. Makes parking easier! :woot:

I loathe and detest s7agecoach and would almost rather walk than use them! If we can't park, we just carry on to somewhere else. We do want to do the Exeter>Teignmouth>Exeter train though - I've lived here all my life and have never done the coast line!

Not ruffty tuffty, just flabby blabby! Unable to lift a chair to pull it back and must have been as deaf as me considering the lowest volume their voices seemed to be set to.

I loathe and detest s7agecoach
Why is that? They have their moments I grant you but most of their drivers seem to be good guys...

Sony A65 8GB UnNumbered DSC00682.JPG

That picture could have been taken on the A38...

Overpriced, poor driving standards, failing to stop when they slide down the side of parked cars, badly (dangerously in plenty of cases) bus stops, rude drivers - need I carry on?

It was taken in Exeter when both drivers were blocked by other traffic.
Overpriced, poor driving standards, failing to stop when they slide down the side of parked cars, badly (dangerously in plenty of cases) bus stops, rude drivers - need I carry on?
I can't comment on the pricing because I use my bus pass. I've only once seen bad driving by a Stagecoach vehicle and after I reported it they not only apologised but explained the outcome of their investigation. Bus stop siting as I understand it is the province of the planning authority so that would be down to DCC. I've never met a single rude driver; even when they've been provoked. One or two of them aren't especially friendly but never actually rude or less than helpfull.

Sounds like most bus services to me. Or at least the various companies that have operated around my way the last 50 odd years.

More of a chuckle really,
what with all these reports of bad weather "coming in"
I saw a 4x4 today, with a surf board on top, I was no where near the coast, either.
There's a guy covering his options I thought :D

Back