WCMUT....what cheered me up today

Sitting on Bognor Pier eating ice cream in the sun for the first time this year :)

I've returned to work this week, part-time.
Been off since May 5th.

I still have post surgery issues and restrictions, but work are bending over backwards to accommodate my return (and Dr visits every Mon, Weds &Fri), and have told me they're paying me in full since I've been absent instead of the SSP I was expecting.

I've been with them for two years and love my job. I knew they were a good company to work for, that's been apparent since the beginning, but imo they're going above & beyond. :)

I've returned to work this week, part-time.
Been off since May 5th.

I still have post surgery issues and restrictions, but work are bending over backwards to accommodate my return (and Dr visits every Mon, Weds &Fri), and have told me they're paying me in full since I've been absent instead of the SSP I was expecting.

I've been with them for two years and love my job. I knew they were a good company to work for, that's been apparent since the beginning, but imo they're going above & beyond. :)

Take it you dont work for Amazon or Sports Direct!

Great to hear. There are some good employers who put their people first, and it does pay them back in the long run as they have a much better work force! Lucky to work for a good company too.

Perfect timing at Lyme Regis - twice!

Arrived in the Cobb car park just as someone was leaving a space so grabbed the slot without needing to queue, then got to Swim (big café/snack bar) just as a couple were leaving so grabbed an outside table with shade for me and sun for Mrs Nod. Nice fish curry as well but since that was one of the reasons for going to LR for lunch, it didn't cheer me up any more than the double perfectly times arrivals already had.

Surviving to 56yo.

I'll be 7 in September!!! ;)

TBH, I tend to celebrate the September one more than this one - I have no recollection of the day 56 years ago but can remember coming round on the 6th of September 2012 and knowing that I was mended and just needed to recover. Pretty much everyone I know who's had a similarly life changing experience feels the same. Gives me an excuse to have a Mojito for my lunch afters on my favourite beach!!! :D

Well, if the queen can have two birthdays, I don't see why you can't. (y)

Reactions: Nod
I'll be 7 in September!!! ;)

TBH, I tend to celebrate the September one more than this one - I have no recollection of the day 56 years ago but can remember coming round on the 6th of September 2012 and knowing that I was mended and just needed to recover. Pretty much everyone I know who's had a similarly life changing experience feels the same. Gives me an excuse to have a Mojito for my lunch afters on my favourite beach!!! :D
I won't be forgetting May 9th in a hurry either.

Reactions: Nod
I had two good laughs at Mrs WW's expense today but she took them well :D

We went to a Thai restaurant and the first laugh came when Mrs WW (who is Thai) was going to say "Excuse me are you Thai?" in Thai to the Thai looking waitress but she couldn't remember how to say it :D I guess she's getting more Northern English by the day :D

The second laugh came as Mrs WW likes spicy food but often goes for things that are too spicy, her face goes red, her eyes water and she reaches for a drink or an ice cream. So, when she ordered a very hot Thai meal I suggested she get another drink but she said she didn't need one and a few minutes later her face lit up the room, her eyes were streaming and she called the waiter over to order another drink :D

Such fun :D

After failing yesterday to get tickets to see Swedish rock group Ghost in the Live Nation presale, I managed to get tickets this morning in the general sale.
Roll on November 22nd. ;)

Finally got a date for my "proper" hearing test (at the same clinic that did the one that made me go to the GP to get a referral to go back for the real one... in February!) but it's the day after we go on holiday. Went in to the clinic (could have done it by phone - if I could hear better!) to rearrange and now have an appointment on Saturday!

The current thunderstorm and rain.
Standing in the garden getting drenched and now sitting with a fan blowing on wet me.

Bliss.

Standing in the garden getting drenched and now sitting with a fan blowing on wet me.

Bliss.

Oh, that sounds good. The rain and thunder passed us by here and it is still sticky!

Dave

Bliss.

We're currently in south Wales and it's lovely and cool. Got to 27 degrees today.

Bliss.
We had one rumble about an hour or more ago. No rain.

We've started looking to buy our first house! After being well and truly f***ed over by the people we had an offer accepted by last week, we've just viewed a house that is so much better and around the same price!!

We're currently in south Wales and it's lovely and cool. Got to 27 degrees today.
We got to 37°C here by 4pm.
Hideous.

We got to 37°C here by 4pm.
Hideous.
I think the temperature hit 38°C at work today. In my dyno cell the temperature hit 40°C. But I have a chilled unit to keep air inlet temperatures down for the engine. That started off at around 13°C this morning when the cell temperature was 25°C but as the temperature rose the chilled air temp rose to 20°C. The chilled unit has two snorkel however, so the one I wasn't using on the engine I taped over a hole in the wall where cable's feed into my control room, so I had a nice cold blast of air blowing under my desk. :)

I think the temperature hit 38°C at work today. In my dyno cell the temperature hit 40°C. But I have a chilled unit to keep air inlet temperatures down for the engine. That started off at around 13°C this morning when the cell temperature was 25°C but as the temperature rose the chilled air temp rose to 20°C. The chilled unit has two snorkel however, so the one I wasn't using on the engine I taped over a hole in the wall where cable's feed into my control room, so I had a nice cold blast of air blowing under my desk. :)
I've got an air conditioned office.

I've got an air conditioned office.
Don't get me wrong, my console room is capable of producing lovely cold air, it's just that it manages to do it in winter when you don't need it. :(

got a storm here ATM and rain, which evaporating as it hits the ground !!!!
Storm finished just before I left for work. Hot indoors but cooler outside topped off by some gentle rain and light breeze as I walked from car park into work. 27°C in my dyno cell but chilled unit is chucking out a very nice cool 12.5°C under my desk and I am
wearing shorts. :)

Storm finished just before I left for work. Hot indoors but cooler outside topped off by some gentle rain and light breeze as I walked from car park into work. 27°C in my dyno cell but chilled unit is chucking out a very nice cool 12.5°C under my desk and I am
wearing shorts. :)

Usual reply to that is "photo required", but I'll pass on that o_O

Usual reply to that is "photo required", but I'll pass on that o_O
Lucky for you photography is banned within the workplace without prior permission. Don't think someone wanting to see my knees is a good enough excuse. ;)

A temperature about 10C colder than yesterday and rain, lovely rain.

Dave

Its still hovering around the 25°C mark here, a few spots of rain, but nothing of any note. At least its not quite so humid as the last few days!

Think I might write your boss a letter of thanks for that rule (y):D
I can oblige now if you like. I am out of work and sitting in Tesco car park. Sun's out, knees are out. :)

I can oblige now if you like. I am out of work and sitting in Tesco car park. Sun's out, knees are out. :)
Just remember before you do, I'm the one with the
download.jpg

Just sayin' :p

Back