WCMUT....what cheered me up today

WCMUT? And made me laugh. Helping to rescue a little kitten from up in the underworks of a car in my local supermarket car park, then finding a second one in a different little niche. Turned out the couple whose car it was have a farm where the ratcatcher in chief has recently had 4 kittens, and two of them had hitched a ride. One of them had been running round the car park and knew which car to climb back into, so this wasn't the first time they'd been in there. They went home in a cardboard box in the boot! All while people were walking past looking at us strangely but not liking to ask what we were doing, except one guy who very helpfully told me 'the water (on the ground) will be from the aircon'. Then I told him about the kittens. Priceless :) I just hope they didn't start off with all 4 under the car, but fortunately we didn't exchange names so I'll never have to know.

Reactions: Sky
WCMUT?
My energy supplier company, now there is a first :D

After completing my annual review it seems that I haven't used the predicted amount, even though I gave them accurate usage from the previous year.
It seems that my monthly payments are set to fall by £5 / month, that's a result (y).
Until I remembered the news item where energy prices are set to fall, by an average of £60 / year.
Due to the falling costs of oil.
Sneaky eh? :D

But as they were actually £20 / month cheaper than anyone else last year ( yes I was a tad suspicious too)
and as the status quo remains, I'll most likely stay with them this coming year.

Plus they are the only company that has it in their small print that you don't have to have a smart meter,
other companies try and tell you that if you don't you will go on their higher tariff.
There is no legal precedent for this either.

Plus they are the only company that has it in their small print that you don't have to have a smart meter,
other companies try and tell you that if you don't you will go on their higher tariff.
There is no legal precedent for this either.
We're not on a Smart Meter and our energy supplier has written several times over the last couple of years about making an appointment to fit one. I have always ignored it. Sneaky buggers decided to tie it in with a meter reading instead. When the bloke turned up, he took one look, said we couldn't have a Smart Meter fitted took the readings and left.

We have just switched our water to a metered supply instead of being charged at the council tax rate. Hopefully it will halve our water bill. I also switched energy supplier last month as our previous supplier wanted to put our energy bill up by £20 a month. The new supplier doesn't demand the installation of smart meters either.

When the bloke turned up, he took one look, said we couldn't have a Smart Meter fitted took the readings and left.
Result (y)
I had a phone call from them, recently asking if i had considered having one fitted.
I said get back to me when they are more reliable and actually work properly!
"Fair enough" was the reply. And that was the end of the conversation :D

Hopefully it will halve our water bill.
mine went down to 3/5ths the year I signed up, as they estimated the usage based on previous.
(There had been a water meter in place for a couple of years but not connected)

The following year it went down to half the original tariff and over a £100 rebate (y)

The new supplier doesn't demand the installation of smart meters either.
EDF?

mine went down to 3/5ths the year I signed up, as they estimated the usage based on previous.
(There had been a water meter in place for a couple of years but not connected)

The following year it went down to half the original tariff and over a £100 rebate (y)

EDF?
No, Octopus. They do have a programme of installing smart meters for some of their tariffs but it's on hold at the moment until they get the latest meter technology. They are also one of the few that don't sting you with exit fees if you want to switch suppliers during a fixed 12 month contract. That's my lifeboat in case they change their policy on smart meters.

The car got it's first clean today, good to see it nice & shiny again. It then got photobombed by the cat! :LOL:

IMG_0836.JPG

They're waiting for you to bugger off, so they can put dusty paw prints all over it.

I find that if I wash the car once a year neighbours think I’ve bought a new one.

Sitting at Thruxton racing circuit waiting for the cars to line up on the grid for the first race and a sparrowhawk flies down and sits on the armco barrier in front of us. Sadly too far away for my phone camera. So will have to load up a photo from my camera later.

Just spoke to my car insurance company, they are not interested in the fact that I got a speeding fine (camera trap) in the Netherlands a couple of months ago as there are no points/endorsement. What is still annoying is the fact that the car I was driving displays the speed limit on the road as you drive along & I am convinced it displayed the wrong limit. However it's a long way back to check, especially as the fine was only 37 Euros (I exceeded the speed limit by 6km/h).

Just spoke to my car insurance company, they are not interested in the fact that I got a speeding fine (camera trap) in the Netherlands a couple of months ago as there are no points/endorsement. What is still annoying is the fact that the car I was driving displays the speed limit on the road as you drive along & I am convinced it displayed the wrong limit. However it's a long way back to check, especially as the fine was only 37 Euros (I exceeded the speed limit by 6km/h).
Was it sign recognition or was it the Sat nav displaying the speed? If it was Sat nav it could need updating to a recent speed limit change.

When I drive to my son's house, there is a 50mph speed limit on a country road. On the approach to a 30mph built up area it looks like they have extended the 30mph zone out further. They must have decided the best place to reduce the speed was at the last 50mph marker, about a hundred meters or so from the 30mph sign right by the built up area. You would think they would just replace the 50mph sign with a 30mph sign. Oh no. They have planted a new pole a few feet in front of the 50mph sign and placed the 30mph sign on that. I can only assume this has caused some confusion and had people slowing to 30, see the 50 and increase speed again and then slow to 30mph at the sign by the built up area.
Now the sensible thing to do would be just remove the 50mph sign. Oh no, they have planted another 30mph signpost a few feet behind the 50mph sign. :)

Was it sign recognition or was it the Sat nav displaying the speed? If it was Sat nav it could need updating to a recent speed limit change.

When I drive to my son's house, there is a 50mph speed limit on a country road. On the approach to a 30mph built up area it looks like they have extended the 30mph zone out further. They must have decided the best place to reduce the speed was at the last 50mph marker, about a hundred meters or so from the 30mph sign right by the built up area. You would think they would just replace the 50mph sign with a 30mph sign. Oh no. They have planted a new pole a few feet in front of the 50mph sign and placed the 30mph sign on that. I can only assume this has caused some confusion and had people slowing to 30, see the 50 and increase speed again and then slow to 30mph at the sign by the built up area.
Now the sensible thing to do would be just remove the 50mph sign. Oh no, they have planted another 30mph signpost a few feet behind the 50mph sign. :)

It was sign recognition (BMW), I updated the Satnav software & map data a week before we set off on our trip. There are a few badly placed signs where I live which confuse the car here in the UK, but they tend to display a lower speed limit compared to the actual road speed.

It's one of several issues I have with the push towards autonomous driving, if the car misses/misreads a speed limit & the 'car' exceeds the speed limit who is liable? I wouldn't be happy to use a RoboTaxi and be at the mercy of bad signage/incorrect satnav data.

Getting home from work and finding that the ares hole of an opposite neighbour has the Estate agents in (y)
I now feel sorry for all the things I said to his face and some behind his back ... Ok that bit's a lie :D

His parking p***es people off more than anything, spaces can be a bit of a premium, around here, but he always makes sure he has enough by moving his cars
into the road ( 3 cars and a van, his drive will take 3 but there is always 3 "in the road" )
once everyone else has left for work. leaving his drive clear.
The worse thing he did? one evening he double parked with me, because I was in first :rolleyes:
It was dark, I saw blue lights flashing through the curtains, and cracked them open to see what the score was, a fire engine was trying to get through, no chance with that twatt there. As I looked out, I saw him turn off his house lights!
Now I would never wish that sort of problem on anyone, but also I'm a great believer in Karma!

Getting home from work and finding that the ares hole of an opposite neighbour has the Estate agents in (y)
I'd have been sorely tempted to lodge a dispute that he would have to declare, just to wind him up.

I'd have been sorely tempted to lodge a dispute that he would have to declare, just to wind him up.
:LOL:
Brilliant idea! If I could think of one, I would do :D

I now feel sorry for all the things I said to his face and some behind his back ... Ok that bit's a lie :D

His parking p***es people off more than anything, spaces can be a bit of a premium, around here, but he always makes sure he has enough by moving his cars
into the road ( 3 cars and a van, his drive will take 3 but there is always 3 "in the road" )
The worse thing he did? one evening he double parked with me, because I was in first :rolleyes:
It was dark, I saw blue lights flashing through the curtains, and cracked them open to see what the score was, a fire engine was trying to get through, no chance with that twatt there. As I looked out, I saw him turn off his house lights!
Now I would never wish that sort of problem on anyone, but also I'm a great believer in Karma!
I wait for the day our neighbour shows signs of leaving.....but sadly does not look like anytime soon:(

The blue lights "events" we have are police and once ambulance!

Hmmmm! not an ideal thing to do because 'cuts both ways'.

Last edited:
Hmmmm! not an ideal thing to do because 'cuts both ways'.
As I'm not looking to sell now or anytime in the distant future it wouldn't matter.

Don't do it! You could be stuck with with him forever!
BUGGER! yes that's a thought. I need to some how "Big up" his sale.
Maybe get get flyers printed and hand them around (y)

Gonna be a real bitch when he moves out if there's nowhere for the van to park anywhere near - especially if he's doing his own move... Just make sure your vehicles are covered by cameras in case they get "accidentally" damaged when he's carrying stuff past them.

Gonna be a real bitch when he moves out if there's nowhere for the van to park anywhere near - especially if he's doing his own move...
:LOL: but no its only a car derived van.

Just make sure your vehicles are covered by cameras in case they get "accidentally" damaged when he's carrying stuff past them.
Oh he's already done that, driven off, when half parked on the mud verge, mud tyre tracks leading from his side of the road, straight to the scrape
on the off side of my firms vehicle.
Although he denied it, obviously. Strangely his van "disappeared" for a couple of days. And he's never worked away in the 10 odd years he's lived opposite ;)

I've got a neighbour like, his S-I-L comes over every weekend and they make sure she has a parking place in her preferred space, often blocking it with his car and van parked with a big gap so no one else can park, she arrives and the van is moved away from here so she can park.
If she can she will park where I normally do, which is a residents only space and even go off on holiday with them and leave it there, we have limited parking so it can cause problems but nothing is ever said although I know it annoys a couple of others who have to park away from here

I've got a neighbour like, his S-I-L comes over every weekend and they make sure she has a parking place in her preferred space, often blocking it with his car and van parked with a big gap so no one else can park, she arrives and the van is moved away from here so she can park.
If she can she will park where I normally do, which is a residents only space and even go off on holiday with them and leave it there, we have limited parking so it can cause problems but nothing is ever said although I know it annoys a couple of others who have to park away from here

Hmmmm! a nice big sticker, telling her she is in an owned/reserved space, with high tack adhesive stuck on her windscreen....................oh the fun to be had watching her attempts to remove it 100%

I have a neighbour who has to park her car as close as possible to the path leading up to her front door. She will do so, regardless of the size of the gap she leaves in front and behind her car. I would say 9 times out of 10 she will leave space for half a car in front and 3/4 of a car behind or there abouts.

I have a neighbour who has to park her car as close as possible to the path leading up to her front door. She will do so, regardless of the size of the gap she leaves in front and behind her car. I would say 9 times out of 10 she will leave space for half a car in front and 3/4 of a car behind or there abouts.

Karma did retaliate a couple of weeks back, allegedly a white van driver hit his van, didn't stop so no proof but left
white paint, strange how it missed the car that had parked illegally in front, just over the double yellow lines

The wife’s grandmother used to get up at 5am everyday and move her car off her drive and onto the road outside to stop any one parking in “her”space....and move it back at 9pm, often having gone nowhere all day...

The wife’s grandmother used to get up at 5am everyday and move her car off her drive and onto the road outside to stop any one parking in “her”space....and move it back at 9pm, often having gone nowhere all day...
Must be related to the brain dead f***-wit over the road.

(Not that I am calling your OH's Grandma a f***-wit you understand ;) )

Must be related to the brain dead f***-wit over the road.
Parking in our village is occasionally difficult but we generally muddle through. A couple of years ago there was an outbreak of “donut park here” notes on windscreens. I was waiting for the explosion but none came. It seems the chairman of the parish council had a word with “our” PCSO who had a word with the writer. End of problem.

I do like living in a village. :LOL:

Parking in our village is occasionally difficult but we generally muddle through
Generally every one muddles through here too, its just the f***wit opposite that seems to think he owns the road.
I've even had him overtake me on the estate road, its very windy in an effort to control speed plus its a 30 with plenty of parked cars,
So he could get home before me and park outside my house :LOL:
He truly is an idiot (y)

I do like living in a village. :LOL:
Where everyone knows what everyone else does :D

Generally every one muddles through here too, its just the f***wit opposite that seems to think he owns the road.
I've even had him overtake me on the estate road, its very windy in an effort to control speed plus its a 30 with plenty of parked cars,
So he could get home before me and park outside my house :LOL:
He truly is an idiot (y)

Where everyone knows what everyone else does :D

What you want to do is invite friends and family around the second he goes out and fill up all available spaces. I swear some of my neighbours do that. We have gone out in my car or the wife's car and when we return any spaces on our section of road are suddenly full with cars that don't belong to any of the neighbours. Worse still they could be sat there for a few days, maybe over a week without moving and we never see the owners or find out which property they have been visiting.
One of our neighbours has a Range Rover, he is a long distance lorry driver so not home much during the week and must leave his Range Rover parked at the depot or something. But when he is home, he parks it in the road where it will stay all weekend. His wife has a Fiesta that barely ever moves from the drive, parking would be so much easier for everyone else if the left the Fiesta in the road and the Range Rover parked on the drive. Better still he could park his Range Rover across his own drive and block in his wife's car until such times she wants to use it.

when we return any spaces on our section of road are suddenly full with cars that don't belong to any of the neighbours. Worse still they could be sat there for a few days, maybe over a week without moving
You don't live near a station by any chance? do you?

And similarly here, ( no station) people are forever parking out front of me,
effectively double parking with the twatt, no idea who they are or where they go.
but with two wheels on the grass verge. Great when its been raining and they "skid" off :(

I did stop one regular though, they made the mistake of parking the night before the bin men were due.
I always throw my bags / wheelie bin out in the morning, when I leave the house at around 5 am.
The car was neatly sandwiched between bags and bins, I even was neighbourly and bought next doors rubbish down to the road for them (y) :D

Back