WCMUT....what cheered me up today

Just had a message to say that I'm back full time as of next Tuesday (Been working 3 days a week since coming off furlough)

Getting a damn great chip in my car windscreen fixed and it didn't cost me a penny, and it's guaranteed for the life of the screen

Last edited:
Had a laugh this afternoon. I was watching the Commnity Shield cup final this afternoon on BT Sport in which Arsenal beat Liverpool on a penalty shoot out. The commentator, as ever, mentioned forthcoming games which can be watched on BT Sport. There are a few big games coming up September 7th onwards in Women's Super League football and that's what the commentator should have said, instead he said. "There are some big women's games coming up which you can watch here on BT Sports" . "I've watched quite a few of these and they play very well, there appears to be have been a great improvemnet over the last couple of seasons. They all seem rather fit to me...:)..slim to medium build, never 'big'. :D

One of the producers must have had a word in his earpiece because he repeated the heads-up later in the game but this time it was..something like.."Don't miss some big games coming up in the Women's Super League here on BT Sport..then named them and the dates.

Not quite the same but years ago I recall John 'Motty' Motson commentating on a Spurs game when Steffen Freund played for them. He's German and his name is pronounced Froint..as in oint-ment but Motty called him Frunt. It went like this." .Frunt to Anderton to Sherwood and back to Frunt..:rolleyes:

If you need a bit of a laugh here are some of his best gaffe starting with...."For those of you watching this in black and white, Spurs are in the all-yellow strip"

The above Charity Shield outcome, what with me being a life long Gooner.... So now Mikel Arteta has won twice as much silverware as a manager, than spurs have since 2008. :giggle: :giggle:

The above Charity Shield outcome, what with me being a life long Gooner.... So now Mikel Arteta has won twice as much silverware as a manager, than spurs have since 2008. :giggle: :giggle:

I’m impressed with Arteta. I enjoy watching them. What baffles me is why Ozil hasn't been off-loaded yet. Probably the contract. He hasn’t played since March,sometimes,,too often,really doesn’t’ turn up’ as they say and he’s on £350,000 a week until June next year when his contract ends and I'm sure he’ll be off. Sounds the same sort of situation that Gareth Bale is in at RM except he’s on £650,000 a week and has two years left and he intends staying. As you’ll know,of course, Wenger brought Ozil to the Emirates in 2013 and never got to grips with him,neither did caretaker mgr, Ljungberg nor Unai Emery .Infact, neither did Ancelotti at the Bernabau who sold him to the Gunners in 2013 for 42million euros.It’s a shame because Ozil has great talent.

There are probably a few reasons why Spurs have floundered but many fans (and some sports writers) lay most of the blame on the doorstep of Levy. The club have missed out on a few top-rated players for the sake of a couple of million and he takes negotiations to the wire and misses out.He has a reputation as a negotiator who plays hard ball.Clearly too hard. As stated in the link at the bottom of this post he fails to listen to his managers..as Pochettino would testify.

They've signed the Danish mid-fielder Hojbjerg (25) from Southampton (Kyle Walker-Peters going in the opposite direction ) and Wolves defender Matt Doherty (28) ...the back needs strengthening. They are also in hot pursuit of Joshua King (28) from Bournemouth with talks in progress. He's to step in for Kane when needed but he's guaranteed play time anyway and would be a winger as another option.However, interest is being shown by..Newcastle, Everton, Brighton, AC Milan. Lazio and Roma.:D . Another interest for Spurs is Callum Wilson, (28-centre-forward) also so from Bournemouth but so is Newcastle interersted. Almost forgot...Joe Hart (33) on a free transfer and off the bench for most of last season ..lol from Burnley.. ......signed up. Bayern Munich's goalkeeper and captain and Germany's national team goalkeeper, Manuel Neuer is 34 and said to be the world's best. A fantastic performance recently against PSG to win the Champions League for Bayern. Re Hart,though...a bit of a surprise nonetheless. He'll be up against Lloris (33) and Gazzanigi.(28) if he stays..might go back to Argentina (Independiente).

The transfer window closes on October 5th so plenty of time.

Catch up December 6 when you're away to Spurs. If you go you'll enjoy the stadium..I think the result will depend of new signings for each side and you have to keep Aubameyang.

Ps.. You might find this article interesting.A bit of insight. https://SPAM/@kaustubhpandey_81554/...rn-from-history-is-costing-spurs-d17f8811732c

Last edited:
I’m impressed with Arteta. I enjoy watching them. What baffles me is why Ozil hasn't been off-loaded yet. Probably the contract. He hasn’t played since March,sometimes,,too often,really doesn’t’ turn up’ as they say and he’s on £350,000 a week until June next year when his contract ends and I'm sure he’ll be off. Sounds the same sort of situation that Gareth Bale is in at RM except he’s on £650,000 a week and has two years left and he intends staying. As you’ll know,of course, Wenger brought Ozil to the Emirates in 2013 and never got to grips with him,neither did caretaker mgr, Ljungberg nor Unai Emery .Infact, neither did Ancelotti at the Bernabau who sold him to the Gunners in 2013 for 42million euros.It’s a shame because Ozil has great talent.

There are probably a few reasons why Spurs have floundered but many fans (and some sports writers) lay most of the blame on the doorstep of Levy. The club have missed out on a few top-rated players for the sake of a couple of million and he takes negotiations to the wire and misses out.He has a reputation as a negotiator who plays hard ball.Clearly too hard. As stated in the link at the bottom of this post he fails to listen to his managers..as Pochettino would testify.

They've signed the Danish mid-fielder Hojbjerg (25) from Southampton (Kyle Walker-Peters going in the opposite direction ) and Wolves defender Matt Doherty (28) ...the back needs strengthening. They are also in hot pursuit of Joshua King (28) from Bournemouth with talks in progress. He's to step in for Kane when needed but he's guaranteed play time anyway and would be a winger as another option.However, interest is being shown by..Newcastle, Everton, Brighton, AC Milan. Lazio and Roma.:D . Another interest for Spurs is Callum Wilson, (28-centre-forward) also so from Bournemouth but so is Newcastle interersted. Almost forgot...Joe Hart (33) on a free transfer and off the bench for most of last season ..lol from Burnley.. ......signed up. Bayern Munich's goalkeeper and captain and Germany's national team goalkeeper, Manuel Neuer is 34 and said to be the world's best. A fantastic performance recently against PSG to win the Champions League for Bayern. Re Hart,though...a bit of a surprise nonetheless. He'll be up against Lloris (33) and Gazzanigi.(28) if he stays..might go back to Argentina (Independiente).

The transfer window closes on October 5th so plenty of time.

Catch up December 6 when you're away to Spurs. If you go you'll enjoy the stadium..I think the result will depend of new signings for each side and you have to keep Aubameyang.

Ps.. You might find this article interesting.A bit of insight. https://SPAM/@kaustubhpandey_81554/...rn-from-history-is-costing-spurs-d17f8811732c

John, I gave up my season tickets when I migrated to the West Country, had them for 12 years, I've seen us win 3 FA cups at Wembley in that time. Spurs just don't have a winning mentality, and Moanio will only break the club even more. He may have won stuff but he's an awful manager. Spurs need to concentrate on keeping some of their own, although I don't really get all the hype over Harry Kane. About 30% of his goals are penalties, and I think there are better strikers in the EPL, I mean, he's not Lewandowski class by any stretch of the imagination.

I think we'll see a return to the league ending they way it normally does this season, with Arsenal above Spurs.

John, I gave up my season tickets when I migrated to the West Country, had them for 12 years, I've seen us win 3 FA cups at Wembley in that time. Spurs just don't have a winning mentality, and Moanio will only break the club even more. He may have won stuff but he's an awful manager. Spurs need to concentrate on keeping some of their own, although I don't really get all the hype over Harry Kane. About 30% of his goals are penalties, and I think there are better strikers in the EPL, I mean, he's not Lewandowski class by any stretch of the imagination.

I think we'll see a return to the league ending they way it normally does this season, with Arsenal above Spurs.

I like that..Moanio..lol. I wasn't overjoyed when he got the job. Tigers don't change their stripes, do they.

You've got some memorable experiences there. I haven't been to the new stadium but loved the close atmosphere of WHL

Many years ago I recall a long-suffering Spurs fan write as a title of his piece.."Why Spurs will always be a mid-table team". Well, they've improved on that position but struggle to get into the top 3 and even six as you'll be aware. Only there at the end of the season because of the bettter GD with Wolves ..just three more goals and had Arsenal won a couple more they wouldn't be there in Europe next season atall. They started the last season winning only 4 of their first 12 games. Year after year they start the season losing to teams that they should beat and it counts when there's strong competition at the end of the seasoin for the top places. Also, with regular monotony.....you could place a bet and be certain of winning..lol.. is when when they lose when they should have won they win the next game. no matter who they play..Manchester City/United,Liverpool, Leicester, Chelsea ,Arsenal .They are inconsistent.It's a long story how I came to support them..from 1998 as I was taken to watch Everton as a kid and sometimes Liverpool. Here's a funny tale. A few years ago my wife and I were looking for the War Museum in London and along comes a young man so we asked him and he pointed us in the right direction. I saw he was wearing an Arsenal bobble hat . I thanked him and said "I see you're an Arsenal fan.I'm a Spurs fan" grinning and adding.."Sorry about that" "That's alright" he said and we had a laugh.

Kane has said he puts a lot of effort in training re penalties which is probably why he has a 90% success rate. If they fail to achieve anything next season he may think about moving on because,at the end of the day, as they say he wants trophies.He's said he's ambitious and not prepared to stay at Spurs for the sake of it. Even getting in the top four at the end of next season won't keep him there..it's a trophy he wants. There'd be plenty of takers.

Re EPL. This table of the top ten strikers doesn't feature him. https://www.squawka.com/en/best-premier-league-forwards-right-now-this-season/

He is in this top ten,though. https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/ranked-10-best-strikers-premier-league-right-now

An interesting season coming. :)

Roland. Roughly from behind!

Not so much cheered me up as amused.

My junk mail today has two emails about CBD oil. Their title is

"CBD is your all natural answer to dozen of ailments"

Its good to see in these difficult times you can still get snake oil:)

Dave

Reactions: Sky
A scientific marvel of a day.

Firstly, ordered some PC speakers from Amazon – plugged them in and sound came out – amazing

Secondly, ordered from Amazon a webcam thingamajig for PC – plugged in, downloaded Microsoft Hangouts and saw my own image on the screen. Admittedly this did scare the s*** out of me.

Thirdly, ordered, again from Amazon, a GPS tracker whatsit for the car. Now this is today’s biggest achievement, I had to download one of those new application things on my mobility phone. You may have one of these phones yourself, the ones you can walk about with anywhere not plugged in to a BT wall socket. Anyway, downloaded and could see that the tracker is in my kitchen. I will place it in the car, it’s charging at the moments via one of those new USB cables.

I’m on a roll, see if I can come up with a vaccine for that virus, see what I have in the kitchen.

Stay safe all.

Barry

I dropped my camera (EOS80D) with lens attached (Sigma 150-600C) from about four feet into tarmac. That didn't cheer me up. When I tried the camera yesterday, I could not select a shutter speed faster than 1/250 seconds. That didn't cheer me up either.
Took the camera into London Camera Exchange in Lincoln this afternoon to get it repaired.

Explained the problem to the young man. He said it is your flash. Explained again - young man repeated it was the flash. He spent 3 to 4 seconds in the menus and my camera is working perfectly. Apart from the flash which does not work at all. I haven't used flash in more years than I care to remember so my camera is working perfectly with no charge for a repair. That cheered me up.

More of a chuckle TBH
Dodge Ram towing the back half of a jeep as a trailer ...
I feel that's taking the p*** a tad :D

Seen a few Landy tubs converted to trailers as well as a (real) Mini.

Seen a few Landy tubs converted to trailers
So have I but I'm pretty sure the guy in the Ram was having a bit of a laugh TBH as the Jeep looked minute against the Ram :D

I assume WCMUT includes what gave us a laugh.

Earlier I was trying to find out if the third round of the Europa League tie between Shkendija (Macedonia) and Spurs can be heard on Talksport or Five Live as I don't subscribe to Sky anymore. Unfortunately, it isn't . Normally these ties are what are described as eg the first of a two-leg tie which most understand as one game at home and one away. This game,however, is a one game event so I'm hoping Spurs will win. I just found the way it was described in several news sources as quite funny. It was described as a one-legged game/qualifier. Maybe the next round will be a two-legged game but with an arm tied behind the back :)

They haven't thought about it. A better way to describe it would have been. The third round of the Europa League Cup which is one-game tie/qualifier.

One example. Paragraph two. https://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnati...gue-game-time-tv-channels-how-to-watch-online

I assume WCMUT includes what gave us a laugh.

Earlier I was trying to find out if the third round of the Europa League tie between Shkendija (Macedonia) and Spurs can be heard on Talksport or Five Live as I don't subscribe to Sky anymore. Unfortunately, it isn't . Normally these ties are what are described as eg the first of a two-leg tie which most understand as one game at home and one away. This game,however, is a one game event so I'm hoping Spurs will win. I just found the way it was described in several news sources as quite funny. It was described as a one-legged game/qualifier. Maybe the next round will be a two-legged game but with an arm tied behind the back :)

They haven't thought about it. A better way to describe it would have been. The third round of the Europa League Cup which is one-game tie/qualifier.

One example. Paragraph two. https://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnati...gue-game-time-tv-channels-how-to-watch-online

Both Europa and Champions League are now exclusive to BT Sport, if you get your internet via BT they do some good deals on both, i.e. I get both for £7 a month on sky.

Not today, more like this weekend but my PCP finance was up on my Nissan qashqai and so knew for some time I wasn't likely to go back to a Nissan to be honest but now have a gone for a lovely Skoda Kodiaq and couldn't be happier :)

Both Europa and Champions League are now exclusive to BT Sport, if you get your internet via BT they do some good deals on both, i.e. I get both for £7 a month on sky.

Yes..We have BT for our landline and I watch a lot for £5 a month. Brilliant. They wanted us to upgrade but I declined. It's excellent quality too. Sky isn't worth having anymore since more other companies have successfully made bids for games. Virgin too,I think.

Picking a few home grown sweet peppers. Delicious and there are several more to come. Seeds came from M&S with a block of compost so I was a little dubious about the success but all of the seeds germinated and all but one of the plants (5/5) ended up bearing fruit. 2 stayed outside while we were away and only had a couple of fruits each (which we picked and ate green because they had blown over and weren't that healthy when we got home!), the non-fruiter had lived outdoors all Summer and the 3 that live in the conservatory each had 4-6 fruits and have donated 1 each to our supper tonight.

Another chuckle this morning on the A14 3 snow plough's heading East
and just the one heading West (y)

Well actually WCMUY.

No turbo working on my Peugeot 1.6 diesel for a few days ... no nasty noises or lights, but very gutless. Stealership too busy to look at it until next week and wanted it for the whole day :rolleyes: so took it to a local indy recommended to me and waited while he checked it out.

In less than half an hour he had found and replaced the blown vacuum hose and only charged me £20 ... result! :banana:

More what amused me yesterday. Found out that Peter Davidson's daughter is married to David Tennant so her child has Dr Who as both father and grandfather - proof that Dr Who is from Norfolk!!!

Well actually WCMUY.

No turbo working on my Peugeot 1.6 diesel for a few days ... no nasty noises or lights, but very gutless. Stealership too busy to look at it until next week and wanted it for the whole day :rolleyes: so took it to a local indy recommended to me and waited while he checked it out.

In less than half an hour he had found and replaced the blown vacuum hose and only charged me £20 ... result! :banana:
Reminds me of a problem I had with our motorhome where various 12V circuits and the 12V charging system and fridge 12V stopped working. The motorhome dealer said it would require a replacement power distribution unit @ £350 + VAT & fitting but they were very busy so it would be weeks before they could look at it.

In desperation I downloaded a Ford Transit converters manual and soon discovered a wire behind the glove box which was supposed to supply a +12V signal to the power distribution unit when the engine was running had become unplugged. Reconnecting it restored everything to working order.

Cost to me was less than 30 minutes of my time.......

Reconnecting it restored everything to working order.

I used to do TV, Video and HiFi repairs in the eighties. If I had a pound for every customer that had told me it's probably just a wire fallen off, I'd be a rich man. :facepalm:

I'm glad that's all it was in your case though - well done for finding it. (y)

I used to do TV, Video and HiFi repairs in the eighties. If I had a pound for every customer that had told me it's probably just a wire fallen off, I'd be a rich man. :facepalm:

I'm glad that's all it was in your case though - well done for finding it. (y)
I am reasonably comfortable with 12V DC auto electrics wiring, I leave electronics at the component level & most mains electrics to the professionals. I can change a light fitting, install an extra socket but that's as far as it goes. I have built & repaired PCs ever since they first came on the market & ran a secondary school network for 12 years.

I was lucky that I had a wiring diagram for the motorhome which showed a 12V 'trigger' going into the power unit when the engine was running & sticking a test meter across it indicated 0V with the engine on. The vehicle fuse for the circuit was ok so I reasoned there was a break in the cable somewhere......

The Ford manual download told me where to look (& remove the glovebox) otherwise it would have been a nightmare trying to trace the cable. My plan 'B' if I could not find the break was to run a new cable.

Good!

A taxi driver who drove away from a pre-booked customer and their guide dog has been fined more than £1,100 under the Equality Act 2010 following an investigation by Milton Keynes Council.

On 5 October 2020, Bubakarr Jalloh pleaded guilty by post for failing to take a guide dog under Section 170(3) of the Equality Act 2010. Milton Keynes Magistrates’ fined him £315 and he was also ordered to pay costs of £770 as well as a victim surcharge of £34.

Good!

A taxi driver who drove away from a pre-booked customer and their guide dog has been fined more than £1,100 under the Equality Act 2010 following an investigation by Milton Keynes Council.

On 5 October 2020, Bubakarr Jalloh pleaded guilty by post for failing to take a guide dog under Section 170(3) of the Equality Act 2010. Milton Keynes Magistrates’ fined him £315 and he was also ordered to pay costs of £770 as well as a victim surcharge of £34.

Happens all to often sadly

Exchange contracts on Monday, move the 19th...:banana:
The hotel under duress has agreed to service our room...:banana:
We'll be able to stop visiting restaurants every night...:banana:
And I can shield my bank account...:banana:

Doesn't it just. I've reported two bus drivers for doing it to me, but AFAIK nothing was ever done. I've seen the same two still driving their buses. :mad:

IMO it should be an 'instant dismissal' offence.

Good!

I would take his taxi licence away too

I've never really thought about it TBH Marc, until I saw the news item.

But I'm sure it does :(
At least justice was done in this instance. (y)

Last edited:
Back