WCMUT....what cheered me up today

Yeah, and I have a bid going on a good Nikon camera that someone on here's selling on eBay, I may win tonight, I'm still the highest bidder afaik.
Are you sure it’s someone on here? I think they just posted the link as an example. Have you looked in the For Sale threads on here?

I seem to remember someone did offer to sell you one — though the rules say that has to be done via the “For Sale” forum.

Likewise you can’t advertise your ebay sales here for obvious reasons!

WCMUT was me finally getting around to dealing with my tax return.

Way back I had an accountant and I must have forgot about him because I started to wonder why the stuff other people got never came to me then I spotted his name on something so I gave him a call and sure enough he'd been doing everything for years. That was very nice of him because I never saw a bill and I never saw any unaccounted for outgoings so I hope he did it all for free :D I then cancelled him and did it all myself.

Yeah, and I have a bid going on a good Nikon camera that someone on here's selling on eBay, I may win tonight, I'm still the highest bidder afaik.
There’s a

Nikon D3000 and Nikon 18-55 VR​

In the For Sale section for £135 from a member which would suit you for example

I don't know why you are bothering with ebay.
There are Plenty of time trusted sellers on here, saving on PP & ebay fee's.
And I'm sure they are passing the savings on to the TP buyers....

Lots to look at, Canon, Nikon and "others"

Or a

Sony RX100M2​

which might suit you better. Lots of choice & bargains and very reliable sellers (ie fellow members).

Probably too expensive.

Especially when Dad chucks a hissy every time I spend more than a tenner on anything.
But you’ve just saved £200 on your website. I guess you are paying monthly? Maybe you shoukd have gone with the free Flickr account?

Google photos on your phone stores unlimited (for free) photos, slightly reduced quality depending on original.

Edit to say I see (other thread) you have Google photos account.

Last edited:
But you’ve just saved £200 on your website. I guess you are paying monthly? Maybe you shoukd have gone with the free Flickr account?

Google photos on your phone stores unlimited (for free) photos, slightly reduced quality depending on original.

Edit to say I see (other thread) you have Google photos account.
Reduced quality so if I linked to it on here people would complain about my photography skills, lack thereof according to them... :banghead:

Reduced quality so if I linked to it on here people would complain about my photography skills, lack thereof according to them... :banghead:
Look, it doesn’t matter what other people think unless they are paying you. The question is do you like them and are they what you want to get.

People on here will tell you how to improve them if they know what you want to do.

it would be worth sorting out how to put your Flickr in your sig and how to link Flickr photos to posts here — the Mods will help you if you ask!

Mrs Nod is baking! That means 1) CAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!! and 2) bowls need scraping.

Mrs Nod is baking! That means 1) CAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!! and 2) bowls need scraping.
Wife just brought me 2 bowels and the spatula, soon I will need to go wash my beard clean, Sunday afternoons are great.

Wife just brought me 2 bowels and the spatula, soon I will need to go wash my beard clean, Sunday afternoons are great.
Best not lick the bowels... :ROFLMAO:

One reason I had my beard cut short (after 18 months or so) was because it kept getting dunked in yoghurt pots!

Went for a walk and came across a football match involving 10-12 year olds. One lad was like Messi with his dribbling skills. There's usually one or two that stand out. So we (my wife too) watched them until the game finished after 20 minutes. There was none of the aggressive behavioural problems with the parents that seems common these days. What cheered me up was at the end the teams gave each other three hip-hip hoorays and one team, the losers I think, filed past the line of winners shaking hands. There's hope.

WCMUT? I got an email this afternoon from my maths tutor, I aced the last assignment on fractions, 100%! Only thing it's took him from last October to now to mark it!

A visit from our son with his 4 week old baby boy. If that wasn't enough, his 8 year old step son started asking me about my amateur radio gear in the "hobby room", so we had 20 minutes talking to Italy, France, and a really nice chap in Stratford Upon Avon. He loved it, and was amazed at speaking to somebody in Southern France. I think I know what he wants for his Birthday now :giggle:

Made me smile....

WCMUT? I got an email this afternoon from my maths tutor, I aced the last assignment on fractions, 100%! Only thing it's took him from last October to now to mark it!
Whereas he could have done it in a fraction of the time ;)

That camera I bought on eBay last week arrived 2 hours ago, wasn't expecting it till at least Wednesday.

I've figured out how to put the Lens on, just got to work out where to put the SD card and start snapping!

That camera I bought on eBay last week arrived 2 hours ago, wasn't expecting it till at least Wednesday.

I've figured out how to put the Lens on, just got to work out where to put the SD card and start snapping!
And the battery! Charger?

I'll try and sort that this week, not got many plugs in the House to charge it.

You'll probably be able to get a USB charger, if that'll help... you can plug them into your pc. They seem to start at just under £5 on e bay.

Just a few posts up the thread I mentioned how cheered I was to see the youngsters,after a football match, line up and one team passed the other shaking hands. This morning I was cheered up, yet again, by a young person.

The bin men come early here,about 7.30-8.00am. I hear them so I look out of the window to see if any of them left the wheelie bins in the middle of the footpath. No need for it as they took them from a 1.5m wide grass verge but some of the crew leave them on the footpath after emptying them.I was dismayed to see about six or seven on the pavement along the road. Usually it's just a couple. People are already going to work, the school kids will soon be on their way to school and we have a chap on a mobility scooter who passes by quite often so I go out and push the bins onto the grass verge, pick up waste stuff the bin men leave on the road, verge and pavement in their haste to get on..not their fault as they are given an almost unattainable schedule..I've actually seen them running. So, that's what I did this morning and as I moved ours and those of our neighbours' (both sides)onto the verge I saw two school girls..12/13 year olds coming towards me. Infact, the rear of a car on a drive four doors up was over the footpath by about 12" so the girls had to weave between the bin and the car. As they neared me I told them, 'cos they looked at me doing this, that I do it every Tuesday citing the people going to work, the chap with the disability scooter and youngsters like themselves going to school. One of the girls said she'd do the ones further along the road, several houses back along the footpath including the one she and her friend had just walked around where the car was. I said no, it's ok you can't be doing that but she said they had an hour before school and that's what she did. She walked back up the road and pushed 4 bins onto the grass verge. I was taken aback. She then returned and helped my next door neighbour, who was by then, taking in his small recycle box, paper/cardboard bag & waste food bin by going down his drive and placing the green recycle box (for plastics and tins) by his garage door. It turned out they then waited for my neighbour's son to join them on their walk to school so she knew Richard.

There's a lot of good kids out there but the not-so-good ones get all the headlines.

Last edited:
Just a few posts up the thread I mentioned how cheered I was to see the youngsters,after a football match, line up and one team passed the other shaking hands. This morning I was cheered up, yet again, by a young person.

The bin men come early here,about 7.30-8.00am. I hear them so I look out of the window to see if any of them left the wheelie bins in the middle of the footpath. No need for it as they took them from a 1.5m wide grass verge but some of the crew leave them on the footpath after emptying them.I was dismayed to see about six or seven on the pavement along the road. Usually it's just a couple. People are already going to work, the school kids will soon be on their way to school and we have a chap on a mobility scooter who passes by quite often so I go out and push the bins onto the grass verge, pick up waste stuff the bin men leave on the road, verge and pavement in their haste to get on..not their fault as they are given an almost unattainable schedule..I've actually seen them running. So, that's what I did this morning and as I moved ours and our neighbours' (both sides) bins onto the verge I saw two school girls..12/13 year olds coming towards me. Infact, the rear of a car on a drive four doors up was over the footpath by about 12" so the girls had to weave between the bin and the car. As they neared me I told them, 'cos they looked at me doing this, that I do it every Tuesday citing the people going to work, the chap with the disability scooter and youngsters like themselves going to school. One of the girls said she'd do the ones further along the road, several houses back along the footpath including the one she and her friend had just walked around where the car was. I said no, it's ok you can't be doing that but she said they had an hour before school and that's what she did. She walked back up the road and pushed 4 bins onto the grass verge. I was taken aback. She then returned and helped my next door neighbour, who was by then, taking in his small recycle box, paper/cardboard bag & waste food bin by going down his drive and placing the green recycle box (for plastics and tins) by his garage door. It turned out they then waited for my neighbour's son to join them on their walk to school so she knew Richard.

There's a lot of good kids out there but the not-so-good ones get all the headlines.
If you can identify their school, why not give it a call and tell the Head Teacher about them. School children come in for a lot of criticism, so it would be nice for them to receive praise for a change.

You'll probably be able to get a USB charger, if that'll help... you can plug them into your pc. They seem to start at just under £5 on e bay.
I ordered one this lunch time for £7.20, trouble is it's coming from abroad so it's not coming till the week commencing the 14th of Feb :(

I wouldn't mind but me being me I couldn't wait and order one on Amazon for next day delivery.

Been to an appointment with a Psychologist this afternoon, wasn't as bad as I was expecting, we got this youngish bloke who actually listened to me ranting about stuff that's gone off of late, I was expecting some old guy in a white coat wearing a Stethoscope.

Been to an appointment with a Psychologist this afternoon, wasn't as bad as I was expecting, we got this youngish bloke who actually listened to me ranting about stuff that's gone off of late, I was expecting some old guy in a white coat wearing a Stethoscope.
Their not as bad as the name suggests :)
Always good to talk to someone, hope it helps for you (y)

pavement in their haste to get on..not their fault as they are given an almost unattainable schedule..I've actually seen them running.
Yes, mine run too and seem to be constantly changing their methods (eg collecting both sides a once etc) presumably to speed up.

Shame Maplin's went bust (the Electronic company not the Holiday camp! :LOL: ) theyd've been perfect for stuff like camera chargers, I'd probably be able to get from somewhere like Harrison's on London Road but it's a pain to get to.

I'd have asked for one. Are you sure he wasn't just some random bloke waiting for an appointment who crept into the office?

If you can identify their school, why not give it a call and tell the Head Teacher about them. School children come in for a lot of criticism, so it would be nice for them to receive praise for a change.

That's a good idea. I can ask our neighbour..from up their drive..she's suffering long covid..who the lass was because, as I mentioned, the girls were waiting for her son.

The bin men come early here,about 7.30-8.00am. I hear them so I look out of the window to see if any of them left the wheelie bins in the middle of the footpath. No need for it as they took them from a 1.5m wide grass verge but some of the crew leave them on the footpath after emptying them.I was dismayed to see about six or seven on the pavement along the road. Usually it's just a couple. People are already going to work, the school kids will soon be on their way to school and we have a chap on a mobility scooter who passes by quite often so I go out and push the bins onto the grass verge, pick up waste stuff the bin men leave on the road, verge and pavement in their haste to get on..not their fault as they are given an almost unattainable schedule..I've actually seen them running. So, that's what I did this morning and as I moved ours and our neighbours' (both sides) bins onto the verge I saw two school girls..12/13 year olds coming towards me. Infact, the rear of a car on a drive four doors up was over the footpath by about 12" so the girls had to weave between the bin and the car. As they neared me I told them, 'cos they looked at me doing this, that I do it every Tuesday citing the people going to work, the chap with the disability scooter and youngsters like themselves going to school. One of the girls said she'd do the ones further along the road, several houses back along the footpath including the one she and her friend had just walked around where the car was. I said no, it's ok you can't be doing that but she said they had an hour before school and that's what she did. She walked back up the road and pushed 4 bins onto the grass verge. I was taken aback. She then returned and helped my next door neighbour, who was by then, taking in his small recycle box, paper/cardboard bag & waste food bin by going down his drive and placing the green recycle box (for plastics and tins) by his garage door. It turned out they then waited for my neighbour's son to join them on their walk to school so she knew Richard.

It was the same when I was a teenager in the 1960's and the same for my sons in the late 80's/early 90's.

The 90% who are studying/working and helping others get no recognition, the 10% who are PITAs get all the publicity. The reason being that the 'Media', of any political hue are only interested in the bad news that suits their agenda.

Back