WCMUT....what cheered me up today

WCMUT was blowing the weekend's cobwebs out while walking along Dawlish Warren watching a kestrel hovering and swooping (not with any success while we were watching) followed by a decent burger and chips at the Boathouse. (The Boathouse is one of the least inviting looking pubs I've ever been to but the food is good value and the staff are invariably friendly and cheerful, even when I've been dragged there in high season!)

Sounds good :)

If I was more able to do long walks I'd love to go out into Derbyshire and try out that new camera on the nice scenery and that out there, and there's some nice pubs out there as well (bit expensive though)

Last edited:
On approach to a road narrowing, the superior German car coming the other way had priority.
So hung back to allow him to pass.
WCMUT?
As he did so, he looked down his nose, at me and my non superior car.
I had no option but to smile and give him a thumbs up, knowing full well
that my "inferior" car was much faster to 60 and much faster at the top end than his :)

On approach to a road narrowing, the superior German car coming the other way had priority.
WCMUT?
that my "inferior" car was much faster to 60 and much faster at the top end than his :)
You should pay more attention to what’s in front then ㋡ :exit:

Been looking for an album by the late great Meat Loaf, "Blind before I stop" as it contains some of his coolest songs, CEX or HMV didn't have it, fortunately I found it on Amazon Music and have downloaded it for free (thanks Prime)

Eh? he was in front but approaching
I assumed all this “nose and thumb” contact was as you were passing ㋡. Round here, the most we do is a slight flicker of the index finger while still holding the wheel ;).

Round here, the most we do is a slight flicker of the index finger while still holding the wheel ;).
I was watching that how I notice he was sneering.

Posh git, not everyone can afford flash cars.. To quote Sheridan Smith as Janet in an episode of Two Pints "That Lexus is just a Penis extension..."
I just thought he was funny :)

I just thought he was funny :)

When I worked for a software company based in Munich, my Boss had an M3, then an M5 (the mental V10 thing). I picked him up from the airport in my Focus ST, and he did give it a very "what the f*** is this" look when I pulled up. He was keen to point out that the majority of the 5 pot ST's were actually "also made in Germany". However, he was surprised by how quick it was (the various mods helped...)

Mrs WW just showed me an article on Thai news... An attractive young lady was approached by a man who wanted to take her for a drink and when she said "No" he poured a glass of beer over her. There was Karma though as she was a champion kick boxer and proceeded to punch and kick him despite her mates trying to pull her away :D She's a trainer now so I expect the publicity will gain her a flood of new customers.

WCMUT?

I usually let cars come through and most of the time, the driver signals "thanks" in some way. If they don't, I stick my tongue out at them, sometimes adding a waggled hand with the thumb against my nose. I also stick my tongue out at kids in cars when waiting at traffic lights.

Posh git, not everyone can afford flash cars.. To quote Sheridan Smith as Janet in an episode of Two Pints "That Lexus is just a Penis extension..."

Is that the same Sheridan Smith who stuffed her Range Rover into the trees? She must have a tiny one!

I do wish people could drop the chauvinist stuff, sexism, snobbery, inverse snobbery and sneering over cars and well, everything else really. It's silly and often smacks of jealousy or nastiness although obviously no one would ever admit to these feelings. I used to get this a lot in my rather modest cars. At first it was upsetting but later on I saw the perpetrators as what they were, rather sad and rather nasty little nobodies who couldn't compete with me for one line put downs when they'd got me in the mood.

And as this is the WCMUT thread not the whinge thread, I like small roadsters and I love my MX5 and I really don't care if people think it's for hairdressers because if that's true all it proves is that hairdressers know what makes a good car :D

Last edited:
I do wish people could drop the chauvinist stuff, sexism, snobbery, inverse snobbery and sneering over cars and well, everything else really. It's silly and often smacks of jealousy or nastiness although obviously no one would ever admit to these feelings. I used to get this a lot in my rather modest cars. At first it was upsetting but later on I saw the perpetrators as what they were, rather sad and rather nasty little nobodies who couldn't compete with me for one line put downs when they'd got me in the mood.

And as this is the WCMUT thread not the whinge thread, I like small roadsters and I love my MX5 and I really don't care if people think it's for hairdressers because if that's true all it proves is that hairdressers know what makes a good car :D
I too love my mx5.
I shave my own head, so I guess that makes me a hairdresser.....:LOL:

I'm with you Alan, I'm a modern Mini fanatic, I've had 5 of them, Mrs has one, my lad has had 2 (but he's got a grown up car now because he's a Daddy)... Would love an MX-5 for the fun that they are, although my heart is set on a JCW Roadster :rolleyes: :love:

:plus1:

With a couple of exceptions I’ve always had old bangers and I’ve always like every one of them. I guess I only see them as transport and find the good bits. One of the exceptions was a Fiat Punto which I bought new (at a silly price) which has also been called a hairdressers car and in fact when I parked outside the local gun shop there were 3 or 4 parked at the hairdressers next door so there may be something in that. But then again maybe the owners were all upstairs in the gun shop as I didn’t check ;)

The Punto, apart from being excellent on muddy fields, being so light, it also floated well and the plastic wheel trims acted as paddle wheels when floating and reversing out of rivers,

WCMUT?
It was probably leased....... & costing him an arm & a leg each month.......

In my experience the more you pay for a car the more you stress about it; you worry about it getting stolen, dinged or keyed in public car parks, replacing expensive tyres, other running costs, not to mention repairs when out of warranty etc

I never used to worry about my ex-military Land Rover, it was 'battle scarred' & nobody would park anywhere near it at the supermarket. At the other end of the scale when we had a brand new BMW X3 3.0 Diesel I used to hate leaving it anywhere I couldn't keep an eye on it.

nobody would park anywhere near it at the supermarket.
Probably scared of catching something from it :D

Conversely, it seems no matter how much space is around my car when I park it,
When I come out of the supermarket, there is always one in the next bay.
Perhaps they are so impressed, they are hoping to breed from it :D

It was a typical Land Rover, it left it's mark wherever it went. Oil & other fluids mainly but it would shed mud, rust and flakes of NATO paint from time to time. The seals on the petrol tanks under the front seats weren't too good either so there was an 'odour' about it too.

Some years later I had a Land Rover Discovery II and that also leaked fluids...... engine & gearbox oil, coolant, hydraulic fluid, refrigerant from the A/C, air from the suspension airbags.

I never found a screenwash fluid leak though......

WCMUT? I managed to film a Meat Loaf tribute song on my course this morning, in front of a green screen, while dressed as Meat Loaf (white frilled shirt, jacket and black wig), and took the green screen out in Adobe After Effects, put a cool background in, exported it as a movie, and uploaded it to my own YouTube channel (I'd link to it but all my YT footage on my channel's had to be set to private due to problems with trolls posting nasty comments on my stuff last year)

It's not my fault or problem that 75% of the Interweb hates me for reasons I can't help such as being disabled and unemployed as a result.

5D4_4479_1500.jpg

WCMUT - spending 6 hours at RAF Hendon on my own (kids are 12 and 16 getting a bit old to cajole on visits like this) and despite my tripod playing up and there being fuzillions of small children there, I was very happy being able to take just as long as I pleased looking at whatever I wanted :cool:

WCMUT (well yesterday) - spending time with my son and actually getting to hold/cuddle my 6 week old grandson, as the Mrs usually has "first dibs". Then taking a longer twistier route back from Bristol via Cheddar Gorge, Shepton, Evercreech and Bruton. An extra 30 minutes but much more enjoyable.

WCMUT (well yesterday) - spending time with my son and actually getting to hold/cuddle my 6 week old grandson, as the Mrs usually has "first dibs". Then taking a longer twistier route back from Bristol via Cheddar Gorge, Shepton, Evercreech and Bruton. An extra 30 minutes but much more enjoyable.
Aw bless, 6 weeks old! So cute when they're that little.

Conversely, it seems no matter how much space is around my car when I park it,
When I come out of the supermarket, there is always one in the next bay.
Perhaps they are so impressed, they are hoping to breed from it :D
I often park so far from supermarket entrances a taxi to the door might be a good idea, but regardless of how many empty spaces there are around it invariably someone parks in the next space too, do they think their car car gets lonely, or do it to wind me up.

I often park so far from supermarket entrances a taxi to the door might be a good idea, but regardless of how many empty spaces there are around it invariably someone parks in the next space too, do they think their car car gets lonely, or do it to wind me up.
On one late night shop, around midnight, the car park was almost emptyI parked with several spaces either side of me.
A woman pulls up in a 4x4 and parked so close I couldn't have opened my doors, luckilly I'd just got out and was reriving shopping bags from the boot.
Yes I did have words, and yes she did move.
Had I gone into the store a minute earlier, on my return I would have had to get onto customer service to get the arrogant brain dead twatt to move.

When visiting Legoland in Denmark with our motorhome years ago we discovered we had been blocked in the huge carpark by an inconsiderate motorist who had parked at the end of an aisle, obstructing the roadway for anything but a small car. It turned out I wasn't the only motorhome driver in difficulty, as a 'gang' of italian motorists marched up to the car & cleared the road by 'bouncing' it across the road, right up to a fence, leaving no room for the driver to get into his vehicle. I didn't like the sound of crunching from the wheel arches & wings as they manhandled it......

Somehow, Dad and my Brother have managed to fix my Ubuntu powered Linux box! Yay!

@broc Going to Legoland's been on my "Bucket list" for years, the Windsor one would probably be cheaper and easier to get to though, plus I don't speak Danish.

Last edited:
Somehow, Dad and my Brother have managed to fix my Ubuntu powered Linux box! Yay!

@broc Going to Legoland's been on my "Bucket list" for years, the Windsor one would probably be cheaper and easier to get to though, plus I don't speak Danish.
In my experience most of our continental neighbours manage to speak english pretty well, their linguistic skills put us to shame.

WCMUT ? Getting my printer to work again with no help from the young 'uns! Deleted all previous HP software and started from scratch. All due to getting a new hub (printer wirelessly hooked up to old hub and couldn't get it to marry up with the new one). Deleted old software, downloaded new, connected at first with a USB then back to wireless. :)

The rain finally stopped this afternoon so was able to get a couple of hours of walking in the fresh air without having to grow gills……

I finally finished building my new viv. As long as the temps and humidity are still stable,
I'll move my new acquisitions in there, tomorrow :)

A nice lunch (prawn curry) at Swim in Lyme Regis. Booked it fairly early this morning and they were turning people away if they didn't have a table booked. Despite the intermittent rain, people were happy to sit outside [as would we have been had it a) not been raining and b) 2 of us taking up a 6 seater table {not that that was making any difference to some...}]

I finally finished building my new viv. As long as the temps and humidity are still stable,
I'll move my new acquisitions in there, tomorrow :)

"NOBODY expected the new acquisitions!!!"

In theory, how long before they'll hatch?

WCMUT? Well it was last night actually, I managed to buy a Taekwondo DVD off our instructor, the DVD was created by GM C K Choi 9th Dan about sparring patterns as I'd like to try and win some Bling at the Lincolnshire Championships in June if possible for sparring and/or patterns.

In theory, how long before they'll hatch?
The 2 new corns will go to the new viv,
The eggs will stay in the old one till they hatch,
anywhere between 6-8 weeks, in total.

Back