WCMUT....what cheered me up today

Whether you personally were offended or not ain't the point Steve, tho I'm surprised yer not. I bloody well was and I dare say many others will be when they see it. A guy in Sunderland got locked up, rightly so, for a Tweet he made joking about the situation. I just can't believe some folk sometimes and whether the intent was to offend or not is irrelevant. The fact remains it was a comment as about as crass and ignorant as I have seen and the lack of acknowledgement of this and the pathetic attempt a sincerity is cowardly and beyond reproach imo.

I'd understand a relative of a victim taking offence. Me, lifes too short. I am thick skinned.

I nearly posted a news link thread about the case you cited actually, but thought the better of it. It's a bit close to home given my folks plans, and how my Dads work meant they weren't there at the time.

Moose and I have always exchanged and fenced on here. I am bored of it, so post on this section less.

Back on topic, my print looks great. Can't wait to frame it.

OK guys, lets move it on now, not fair to trash this thread any further. Pete, regardless of motive, it was pretty insensitive and tasteless tbh, but it's done now so perhaps you should understand why people find if rather offensive. Brash, totally with you and without trivialising, I think you have made the point very well and time to get back on track. There are families in Glasgow that will not enjoy this Christmas, nor fully many that follow, let's remember that and be respectful of it.

Thanks all

OK guys, lets move it on now, not fair to trash this thread any further. Pete, regardless of motive, it was pretty insensitive and tasteless tbh, but it's done now so perhaps you should understand why people find if rather offensive. Brash, totally with you and without trivialising, I think you have made the point very well and time to get back on track. There are families in Glasgow that will not enjoy this Christmas, nor fully many that follow, let's remember that and be respectful of it.

Thanks all
Noted Yvonne. Thanks!!(y)

seeing the youngest of Twycross's Bonobos out for a change.

nearly finished work,nearly beer time.......anything I may post later, ignore.

nearly finished work,nearly beer time.......anything I may post later, ignore.
I usually ignore anything you post at any time:rolleyes:

Oh, happy Xmas bud;)

Not having to go out all day.

Getting the cat all nipped up (always fun to see!!!)

Seeing Santa pass over just now, although it could also be classed as a WAMT moment - the bugger didn't stop!!!

Seeing Santa pass over just now, although it could also be classed as a WAMT moment - the bugger didn't stop!!!
Lets just hope that it was the Arnie versions
and
"He'll be back" (y)

You are aware ISS went over about then...yes? :)

Finished work at 4, an hours drive home, went to see the grandkids, been out for a few beers, and just got home and ordered an Indian takeaway. Heaven!!!!!!!!!!!:banana::banana::banana::beer::beer::beer:

Finished work at 4, an hours drive home, went to see the grandkids, been out for a few beers, and just got home and ordered an Indian takeaway. Heaven!!!!!!!!!!!:banana::banana::banana::beer::beer::beer:

Grandkids? I had you pegged as quite a young chap for some reason.

I've spent tonight on the computer refreshing a pals CV for him (its a skill I have). I've also decided for my site to do a blog series, best 10 images I've taken in 2014. That will be hugely enjoyable.

Here's a handful so far of my best

1. _DSC2201 by SFTPhotography, on Flickr

2. _DSC0274 by SFTPhotography, on Flickr

3. _DSC2115 by SFTPhotography, on Flickr

4. _DSC2860 by SFTPhotography, on Flickr

5. _DSC0727 by SFTPhotography, on Flickr

Despite not having my own freedom of movement I've had a fun year developing my photography, enjoyed getting a D800 and D610 and sharper glass and making more of the low light, optical quality compared to a DX system. More for next year, and a car. A final happy thought to end tonight on. Its what brings us here, photography....

Watching a little kid take less than a minute to fall off her new bike :D

Ooooh that's not the Christmas spirit :p
I saw her and her littler brother come out of the house and thought it was sweet how excited they were ... new bikes are great!
It was obvious she was having trouble stopping and as I wondered how long she'd remain upright, she fell off. No harm done ;)

Only teasing you Neil, l'd laugh too :D
Glad that's another busy christmas over and junk back already :(

WCMUT (redux) Not getting any useless tat as a gift; relatively clear roads every journey; someone else doing the cooking and washing up (and I don't mean Mrs Nod!!!); hopefully the last day of christmas music until late summer '15...

I've survived another bloody Christmas.

I'm watching the first day of the third Australia v India test.

All is right with the world again.

Main advantage of not bothering with turkey at Christmas is the lack of left over turkey that has to be ploughed through relentlessly for weeks on end. One pie, one meal, no left overs :)

Main advantage of not bothering with turkey at Christmas is the lack of left over turkey that has to be ploughed through relentlessly for weeks on end. One pie, one meal, no left overs :)
I love my turkey sandwiches on Boxing Day. We buy a turkey crown, so not a lot left over, just enough for a few sandwiches.:)

Wcmut: walking my handsome hound in our local countryside. Two separate pheasant shoots going on. Lots of nice happy people about enjoying the lovely nature. It is so beautiful and very pleasant five mile walk all of the lead.

Wcmut: walking my handsome hound in our local countryside. Two separate pheasant shoots going on. Lots of nice happy people about enjoying the lovely nature. It is so beautiful and very pleasant five mile walk all of the lead.
Just back from our local hunt gathering... The kids loved it and the horses were impeccably turned out. Great morning out :)

Don't dare try to dress it up or back track by with false concern and trivialising it. It remains about the vilest post I've seen on here an attempt at humour at the expense of the tragic events in Glasgow. It's plain for all to see regardless of your attempt to minimalise the seriousness. Having said what you said you could at least be man enough to acknowledge how offensive it is and offer some sort of genuine apology. Pathetic!!

he does actually have a point though - someone txt'd me after it as they hadn't heard from me for a while and were worried.

he does actually have a point though - someone txt'd me after it as they hadn't heard from me for a while and were worried.

And I'll bet they didn't enquire in quite such a crass fashion.

Little kid stood crying next to a huge pile of dog poop that he had just ridden through :D

Back