WCMUT....what cheered me up today

:exit:Byker28i not getting his HUGE post finished in time ;)

Last edited:
WCMUY (yesterday)My dog,and good pal, of twelve years died. Why did this cheer me up? He was an old man, he went quickly,quietly without suffering. Alf was a damned fine creature and a good mate.

WCMUY (yesterday)My dog,and good pal, of twelve years died. Why did this cheer me up? He was an old man, he went quickly,quietly without suffering. Alf was a damned fine creature and a good mate.

Sorry he has gone - but as you said it was a good passing and he didn't suffer

Reactions: Nod

Very sorry to hear that Ade.

Thanks all, yeah I miss him, but like I said, it was quick and painless. Deffo won`t have another dog,he is my last one:

Gratuitous pic:

Alf by Fracster, on Flickr

I'm really sorry to hear this Ade, but as you said at least it was quick :)

He looks like he was a real fine chap (y)

Last edited:
Thanks all, yeah I miss him, but like I said, it was quick and painless. Deffo won`t have another dog,he is my last one:

Gratuitous pic:

Alf by Fracster, on Flickr

Gorgeous fella.

Very handsome hound. It's great you can see the good in it.

What cheered me up today is that our Nero caught and killed a squirrel. Damn he is getting fast.

He was a bloody superb dog, we got him at a year old, reject from a stud farm. Apparently his feet were too big and he was too big overall. After a simple six months training he was sorted. Never had a lead on him since he was two,never needed one. He was protective,without being overly aggressive, could walk him through fields of sheep and they just walked away from him, they never ran, they knew he was no threat. The only things he hated were black lab dogs,must have been a thing that happened before we got him,fine with bitches,just dogs and foxes.

Finally the ice is gone and I am able to leave the house

What cheered me up today, well actually this evening, for the first time since erm my little bump nearly 18 months ago I've driven my none distroyed car :woot::woot::woot:okay so it was only to the nearest petrol station and back but it's still a lot longer than I've driven in a long time

That today isn't the day of the nutters meet. Damn it is wet and cold.

That today isn't the day of the nutters meet. Damn it is wet and cold.
Thats why its called the nutters meet as this weather is par for the course (y)

My 300 cd mutliplayer went tits up, finally finished ripping all my cds to a hard drive.

The first bit of decorating I've done in 25 years didn't end in disaster. Result. :)

(y)

WCMUT - 2 hares within range of my 150-500 near sunset, and for an extra benefit I could shoot from the lounge window so i didnt even get cold (also a woodpecker and a nuthatch on the feeder)

The pub where we usually go for our Sunday roast has taken down all its christmas decorations.

(y)

WCMUT - 2 hares within range of my 150-500 near sunset, and for an extra benefit I could shoot from the lounge window so i didnt even get cold (also a woodpecker and a nuthatch on the feeder)

Cool on the woodpecker post and show, would be good to see

WCMUT .....3 numbers on the lottery (only just checked them)
Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick :)

Finding that Sainsbury's own brand mincemeat is vastly reduced - it's the guest of honour in our current favourite cake!

WCMUT: 4 new shiny flight cases full of equipment turned up at work....

I feel your pain :(

We lost our 13 yr old shepherd just after Christmas, same thing really, she didn't suffer, all done at home by the vet, cried a river, getting easier now and helped by the fact that she was an oldie and she had the perfect life. So yes, your post made me realise I am happy today in remembering her aswell, cheers :)

Winning £100 in a comp for just writing a little story about a holiday experience. now the question is should i enter this months one as well?

Wcmut: As long as I can call you fatty ;) brilliant reply to a very rude tweet. I don't get why she is surprised as well just look at her, she is a fatty

Last edited:
WCMUT (and Y) its my birfdee ( for the curious i'm 24 ....... okay 42 but same difference)

Festivities started yesterday with a trip to Dartmoor Zoo , where i was even more WCMU by the fact they now have four wolf packs ( 3 iberian wolves, 2 packs of candadian, and one of wolf hybrids) rather than one (Shuan Elliss's wolf centre has relocated there.. I love wolofs ...) Light wasnt great for photography but got a few wolf shots and also nice close ups on validimir the tigger, and the lynxes.. and bramble the fox came up to the wire to say hello. Then today day out at Haldon forest , followed by lunch out, and lots of pressies including a pyrography kit (to go with the book i got at chrimble), a bunch of CDs, a maglite, and an LED lenser headtorch. Then we rounded off the day with a trip to Go outdoors to buy more goodies (another maglite, some maps, a fleece or two)

Last edited:
Staying fairly dry and getting 13 Stableforth points on my first handed in card. Made even better by a nett hole in one on the last hole (actually a par on a par 3 with a 2 stroke allowance). Lost one ball but found 2 and broke 1 tee. Not a bad afternoon (for me!)

Staying fairly dry and getting 13 Stableforth points on my first handed in card. Made even better by a nett hole in one on the last hole (actually a par on a par 3 with a 2 stroke allowance). Lost one ball but found 2 and broke 1 tee. Not a bad afternoon (for me!)
And once again in English please :p

Not quite ruined this time! A gentle 3 mile amble with frequent stops and a certain amount of aimless wandering about staring at the ground.

I'm still at the stage where, when asked what I play off I say "Tees" and when they ask what my handicap is I reply "The clubs"... Slowly improving and still enjoying the stupid game however infuriating it can be! Anything that gets me off my fat ar5e and doing even gentle exercise has to be good...

you know its only called golf because 's***' was already taken

WCMUT? The first flower on the Camellia. Actually, it's been CingMU for a few days now, a splash of red at eye level (the Cyclamen are a similar colour but are at ground level and invisible from indoors.)

Back