WCMUT....what cheered me up today

I make a great fava - but the Greek one (yellow split peas) rather than Lecter's broad beans. Although since he's Eastern European, he might have meant the split pea purée! Not sure I could (knowingly) eat a puppy though.
Nod in both cases it is a term of endearment, not to be taken literal ;) I'm a bit worried now for when you stay in our village. Next time some people disappeared, do you know anything about that?

I'd never have guessed! :D Not sure I could (knowingly) eat longpig either! :p

Finding some Qcumber with mint in a local store :love:

Last edited:
Good find then! (Yours, not mine!) (y)

Good find then! (Yours, not mine!) (y)

I wouldn't pay the Amazon price for what is essentially a bottle of flavoured water, much as I like it

WCMUT waking up early enough to see it snow. It stopped now.

Ps. I'm in Poland.

Deciding not to wait for the "shower" to stop and go out for a second 9 - that was at 12 and it's still persisting down!

Deciding not to wait for the "shower" to stop and go out for a second 9 - that was at 12 and it's still persisting down!
That is a long shower, hope you are not on a water meter :p

Tempted to have a long "bower" later - a soak in the bath to ease my aching old bones while the water heats up enough for me to have a decent shower to rinse off the human soup I'll have been lying in! And yes, we are on a water meter - as a couple with no children, we save well over £150 per year by being metered rather than paying for unlimited use.

Looking forward to tomorrow.

After two years my brother has finally turned the corner and is getting the help he has so badly needed, long way to go but he is talking more sensible and is able to face the future with his beloved family. Mental illness is so hard to cope with, it doesn't have a rash, it creeps up on you and family members don't realise whats happening. It wasn't a GP or councillor it was a hospital that discovered two types of tablets he was on were not compatible and his brain was producing a chemical that literally sent him over the edge.
Its the children that have now started talking to their mum saying they were scared but now although he won't be home for Christmas, his children now understand that there dad is poorly and that its ok to look forward to Christmas day. Time to put the Christmas tree up:)

WCMUT: Clearing up my cupboards and generating a nice little Christmas windfall. I've been keeping my old phones (in their boxes) in my cupboards amongst many other old technologies. Who would have thought that a 4 years old Apple iPhone 5 is still valued at £90 with free packaging. Needless to say I've been wiping my old iPhone 5s and Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge as well. Shame my BB Z10 and Nokia 930 aren't wanted. Its nice to have a little clear out.

That's what happens if you get over-excited with your new coffee machine and over-indulge. ;)
Hehehe perhaps it is the new beans - trying out 'Morning Awakening' from Eightpointnine coffee. Or the 20 degree temperature change I experienced between here and Poland. Whatever it is, it's all good.

Note to self - better clear out my camera cabinet as well, still got all this Nikon stuff without any Nikon dSLR's :)

Who would have thought that a 4 years old Apple iPhone 5 is still valued at £90
My niece sold one a couple of years ago ( not sure of the model) to matzuma or something, she wiped all her details, or so she thought.
A couple of months later she got a call from someone in Canada, asking if there was anything on the phone that she needed, before he wiped it!

My niece sold one a couple of years ago ( not sure of the model) to matzuma or something, she wiped all her details, or so she thought.
A couple of months later she got a call from someone in Canada, asking if there was anything on the phone that she needed, before he wiped it!
:) Oh I've made absolutely certain the phones are de-registered, wiped, the whole lot.

:) Oh I've made absolutely certain the phones are de-registered, wiped, the whole lot.
Oh I'm sure a techy savvy person like you would, but your average "Joe" may not know fully quite "How too" ;)

Oh I'm sure a techy savvy person like you would, but your average "Joe" may not know fully quite "How too" ;)
Agree, and before you start unregister it first at iCloud / Google / Samsung services first - much harder to do afterwards.

3 days off and lunch with my girls tomorrow :)

The Sweeney: Paris. Damn what a fantastic gangster movie. Really enjoyed that.

You can wipe the phone completely with a large magnet. Hey? How else do you think 'wives tales' start?

Not me, so much as those around me......
My voice, a little croaky the last few days, has gone completely.:sorry:

They've just cancelled the airport strike planned for the day I'm flying home with my daughters for Christmas in the UK with my parents. I'm immensely relieved.

Last edited:
Finally sorted out new to me iMac. Hoping a 2013 vintage is better than a 2011. At least I no longer get a spark and hear a bzzzt whenever I plug in a USB device with this one.

Back