WCMUT....what cheered me up today

Gearing myself up to giving the "Microsoft Security Advisors" (AKA an International call) an earful of "Christmas Cheer" only to hear an Australian accent apologising for calling me and asking if I knew a Mary My Surname since I'm the only person with the name in the local directory. He had the street name but no number. We haven't had a paper directory worth having for years but did keep the last one that listed post codes - from 1993! I found the woman's husband's listing in that directory so was hopefully able to reunite them after 30 or so years.

Having rather less falling from my nostrils has cheered me up a bit too!

Last day at work today. Then tomorrow I'm flying for the first time to that crazy, "Brexit Island!"
51-DtMxkPbL._SY400_.jpg

(Book available at all good, multinational, giant, getting a bit too dominant, but they sell just about anything, book stores)

Last edited:
Last day at work today. Then tomorrow I'm flying for the first time to that crazy, "Brexit Island!"
51-DtMxkPbL._SY400_.jpg

(Book available at all good, multinational, giant, getting a bit too dominant, but they sell just about anything, book stores)

I bought that as well!

Frantic Friday not being particularly frantic (although it IS a Friday!) Expected queues on the road, in car parks, in M&S etc. only to find the roads quieter than a normal Friday, spaces available in car parks, tables available for lunch - in fact no problems at all!

Number finally porting. Only taken 48 hours instead of the 24 hours as mandated by Ofcom.

I will be making a complaint. It's been in place since May 2011! I know moving between MVNOs can be more complicated but it's got to be an entirely automated process so there really is no excuse for it to be such a mess.

Despite the recommendation from Of com, most providers are still quoting "up to two working days" for porting.
Good luck with the complaint, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Catching up with a mate that I've not seen in quite a few months, for our traditional Xmas eve shoot and picnic (y)

All I can say is, I'm glad it wasn't a BBQ what you kill, this time .... :D

WCMUT was being able to get into town and find a parking space with no problem at 09:20 this morning. Got almost all the jobs at Mrs Nod's studio sorted as well as managing to grab an early lunch (again, no problem getting a table!) Town was surprisingly quiet.

Got this yesterday from one of the dogs on my round, how lovely is that :love:
Of course you do realise that you are supposed to carry them on your round, and when you see Dave, :D

Of course you do realise that you are supposed to carry them on your round, and when you see Dave, :D

Nah he likes the meaty chunk mini bonios I have in my pocket, but he is a friendly lad anyway, just as well as it's a long way from the gate
to the letter box :eek:

Dave is trying to kill you, but no-one told him theobromine isn't poisonous to posties. :p

Won't work, I'm not that keen on chocolate, no doubt someone will eat them ;) but what a lovely idea from the owners

I love that the dog is called Dave.
There's one around here called Norman. I bet they'd get on. :D

The Compare the Meerkat Christmas ad. :)

Seeing and hearing a flock of Brent Geese come to RSPB Arne mudflats, great to see and hear them as they approached.

Leaving approx 20 mins later.

Most of our time there is was quiet with just(?) Shelduck and other smaller dabblers.....possibly Avocets in the distance???

And my first chance to use contactless payment, all in one day! Where I live they are not that far yet. What an amazing high tech world you lot live in.

Last edited:
You'll be getting that there electrickery soon, Ian!

WCMUT was getting up onto Dartmoor for a short while. No major stomping but did get up to where Mum and Dad are sprinkled and a few other favourite haunts. Even managed an ice cream down at New Bridge!

Oddly, I've just been in that thread!

Bluetooth music streaming working faultlessly for a change instead of dropping out several times. Whole 2 hours straight. Never had it stream for more than about 30 minutes before hiccuping before.

Back in (AM) CB days, whole bullock roasts were allowed but BSE means (among other things) that the spinal cord has to be removed these days making it harder to do the whole beast on a spit. Last "Ox Roast" I can remember was for the Queen's silver jubilee. Delicious!!!

If you know the right people you can still get a whole bullock or any other meat, but we never got that posh, just clear out freezers and empty wine racks

Back in (AM) CB days, whole bullock roasts were allowed but BSE means (among other things) that the spinal cord has to be removed these days making it harder to do the whole beast on a spit. Last "Ox Roast" I can remember was for the Queen's silver jubilee. Delicious!!!

Can still get whole hog, or whole lamb....equally, if not more so, tasty than whole bullock. :)

Bill's photo shows a BBQ big enough for an ox-roast. A lamb or pig is far easier to store than a bullock. Personally, I'd rather alternate between different meats than stick to just one until it's finished - a whole bullock would last me a week at least!

WCMUT?
My week-end starts here (y)

Even better than that, the next week-end also starts here :woot:

WCMUT?
My week-end starts here (y)

Even better than that, the next week-end also starts here :woot:

Idle sod. :D

WCMUT? New camera bag arrived. :)

Back